Reviews for Strained Harmony
d-scribe chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
After the brilliance that was chapter one, this... was just bad. Perhaps if it were earlier in the day, and I were feeling more ambitious I could narrow it down, but looking at it now, so much of the awfulness overlaps that I couldn't even begin to tell you where it went wrong. From timing, to characterization, to dialog, storyline, even the basics like language. Is there any excuse for using the phrase "smiling thinly" 6 times in one chapter? Don't even get me started on the abomination that was being passed off as higher logic. Then the continuation of the food fetish scheme, with Setsuna fondling Ranma's stomach 4 times within the course of a couple of pages, and the odd magical girl transformation we're getting the distinct impression of Ranma's impending christening as Sailor morning sickness.
Dragon Man 180 chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
I love Ranma as Sailor Nanny. Or maybe Sailor Titan since Titan is Saturn's largest moon and has an atmosphere. I also love the interaction between Ranma, Setsuna, and Hotaru, they're a wonderful family! I feel sorry for any monster of the week that hurts Setsuna and Hotaru without taking out Ranma first.
Howard Russell chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
Astounding! This is phenomenal work.

They make a great couple and, with Hotaru, make an even greater family.

Now that they have five members, the outers now match the inners. Two parallel sentai teams. Neat.

Though, what's the motto of the outers? For girl-love and justice? Horatu better start making plans with Chibi-Usa; she's running out of senshi girlfriend options.

Re: The second omake: I thought the exact same thing!
Ormik chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
Magnificent, one of the best Ranma-chan fics I've ever read. The best thing in Strained Harmony is the way it concentrates on the characters instead of fights. I have nothing against action, but if significant portion (over 5% of the overall amount of text) of the story is about fights agains youma or something it tends to get boring. Other good things about SH include well-written text, Ranma/Setsuna pairing and really long chapters. I just love long chapters, they really give me a change to enjoy the story, instead of my joy being interrupted after every five thousand words or so.

Both negative points I can think of are quite minor. One, I think that Ranma's nanny-fuku (when transformed) is a bit too wacky for this story. It's a very minor thing, but I thought that I should mention it. Second, I feel that there is a slight change to botch the subplot with Nodoka. It would be kinda anticlimatic if Nodoka suddenly became a perfect mother right after realizing her cluelessness (no matter whether it is of natural or non-natural origin). Though I have a feeling that this won't be a big problem either, you two seem to prefer Ranma's new family over the old one.

Nice work indeed.
Erke chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
Another chapter to a great story, was well worth the wait. It's just awesome to see someone write a story where Ranma slides more to the female side with an orignial and very well thought out plot.

The descriptions and the fact that you delve quite deep into all of the characters that are usally ignored, say Nodoka or Genma (even if it's just Nodokas view on how Genma acts), shows that you really think through how they act and how they could evolve into different people with time and events.

Can't wait to see more of this.
wingnut2292 chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
An excelent, excelent chapter! Bravo! The dialog was great! The decription of the setting and envrionment each seen was great! Characterization was spot on, even the twist on Mrs. Saotome's charater was believeable. Hotaru was pure moe in this chapter!

Many onna-Ranma fics are poorly done, but this is very very believable! Good job, Ranma's curse is somthing underexploited by Takahashi and fanfic authors. Don't make Ranma being in girl form the cause of the events of this fic, but one of the consequences of this fic. In other other words, don't force any lock or increace of girl-to-boy transformation tempurture as a plot point, have any such events happen as a part of the flow of the story's events.

So Ranma ends up being the one-in-a-million Facade who keeps her wits and sanity after transforming. I'd think Pluto would corispond with the Saior Animates (if they are still alive and friendly in this post-Galaxia time.) or the Sailor Starlights, because they may have more insight than Setsuna on matters of Sailor Senshi or have heard rumors of other systems where such events have happened (just because it's unpreceidented on earth doesn't meen it hasn't happened elsewhere in the Milky Way.

Keep the good work up. I'm l looking forward to next time!

- wingnut2292
Sopchoppy chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
Great Addition,

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next chapter.

-Jamie
Wharpt chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
So, we have Ranma becoming a Senshi, but there are problems with the assimilation. I'd suggest the problem is caused by the waterproof soap locking the curse transformation. Stop using the soap, no more nausea. But now Ranma is going to have to come clean on the curse. The question is what will be more pronounced: the gleaming stars in Hotaru's eyes or the copious amount of drool on Setsuna's chin. 'Wild Horse, indeed'.

Best guess is Ranma will be Sailor Titan, largest of Saturn's moons. Her attack? Something moderately destructive, but not as intense as Saturn's. Secondary aspect will be healing, up to if not including resurrection. Should there be a male aspect? Up to you two.

You are undoubtedly working on a matchup between Ranma and Setsuna, one of the more favored 1/2-Senshi matchups. But in the long run, Hotaru will probably shift from favored daughter to second love.

As for the Jusenkyo curse, let the healing aspect give Ranma conscious control over it without the water trigger. Not only will it allow Ranma to be more at ease, it will frustrate the living hell out of the Nerima Wrecking Crew.

Now, as to the Omake... I think you should give the demoness and the goddess a walk-on part as an incidental, not an actual occurence of the plot. I'd suggest a trip to the park for Ranma, Hotaru and Setsuna for a picnic/training session. When they get there, they find two other families there having a get-together on 'neutral territory'. Sunny, with her husband, daughter and Ryoko, and Sunshine with her kids.

Oh, and let Nami in on the curse secret. It's only fair.
Coengar2 chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
Dang! 7 months between chapters is a really long time.

But Lordy was it worth the wait!

I've been hoping and praying for the next chapter to come out and it finally has. I love this story and i agree that it is one of the best Ranmachan fics out there. No slapstick, no rampaging fiancees, no martial arts mayhem, just good character developement.

Ok, i can enjoy Ranma becoming another Senshi and at least a maid uniform isnt a fuku. I agree that she seems to be a support Senshi, judging by the healer's staff that seems to be her focus like a henshin pen, i'd say she seems to be the team's medic. I know that Ranma will probably magically weaker then the rest of the Senshi but let's not forget that Ranma is still a much much better fighter than they are (Now is the time for martial arts mayhem LOL)

I really like watching the whole new family thing growing for Ranma, it's about time she finds some people who truly care for her.

Is it just my eyes or do i see some kind of yuri/shojo-ai relationship starting to develop between Setsuna and Ranma? Lordy i sure hope so! Again, it's about time she finds love. Just as long as the growing romance keeps with the tone of the series and not suddenly turn lemony.

PLEASE LET US WATCH AS NABIKI,SOUN & GENMA GET THIER JUST REWARDS! (i've really been anticipating this one!LOL)

It'll be interesting to see how Nodoka will react to the truth about Genma and if she'll accept Ranma (if she ever tells her mother the truth)

Ok, why does every chapter seem to end with a really huge dinner? (Just wondering)

Anyway, It's a great chapter for a great story that has become a personal favorite of mine (i sure reread it enough) and i can't wait for the next chapter to come out.

i dont care how long the chapter is but PLEASE dont make me wait another 7 months for it!
ecchansama chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
As is expected, a wonderful chapter, a wonderful story, and very well-made interactions between characters. I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter, take as long as you need, and I hope to start seeing some explanation to what Ranma and Hotaru are going through. Oh well, you could do almost anything in this story, and I'd still be thrilled. Awesome work.

Sailor Nanny vs. Nanny Saturn?

This would not be the first time someone had tried to drag her husband's name through he mud by accusing him of such a thing.

This would not be the first time someone had tried to drag her husband's name through -the- mud by accusing him of such a thing.

Only spelling mistake I noticed.

/ecchansama

PS. "Are they cute?" That line in the Omake cracked me up to no end. DS.
Rydan fall chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
Sailor Nanny?

Bhahaahaha.

(rolls over the ground laching himself silly)

Wouldn't be suprised to vind out that Ranma has a more suporting role, mostly towards Saturn.

Probably a mix of Saturn and Moons powers with maybe some small bits trown in from the others.

And that staff did let me think about a docters symbol, but also about a (white) mage staff.

Tufu style, perheps?

Well, so long I don't hear "Dragon Slave" or so...

I think that it would be save to go to bed.
Trugeta chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
Crickey, you guys write friggin huge chapters, yet they're more than worth the time it takes to read 'em.

I really liked the character development that happened in this chapter, that and the interactions between the trio as well as between Ranma, Akane, Nami, and to a degree Nodoka. Very well done.

That Ranma would turn out a Senshi - or at least a watered down version, if my suspicions are correct - came as no surprise. The question is, what powers does Ranma have aside from the basic Senshi package? A watered down version of Horatu's, or, aside from the healing, something entirely different? Loads of possibilities here.

I'm looking forward to more.
Lightsfaith chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
I have to say I really like your story and I can't wait for the next chapter. I mean you are a great writer, also I want to see what kind of senshi Ranma will be. Will be able to transform in his male form, and will it be like a butler style uniform. Also, I want to now what will happen Nabiki, Mr. Tendo, and Genma and will Nodoka see what Genma really is. Please, continue your story thanks.
d3jake chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Very excellent! I just spent the last 2 hours finishing up what I had started reading after getting the notification e-mail from about...10 hours ago. If I had the money I'd pay for this to be turned into an anime ep or two, but that's just me. I"m looking forward to future chapters! I just now realized that what I was reading is chap 1, so there's a whole 'nother chapter to keep me up into the late hours of the morning...wait, I think my sleep deprivation is seeping it.

Keep up the great work!
Karasu00 chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
Amazing. This story just draws you in. Can't wait for more!
432 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 .. Last Next »