Reviews for The Heart of the Woods
stlouiegal chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
What a great story. I really enjoyed it. Loved the storyline. To think one reindeer brought them together. Sara got inside his heart. She kept an open mind about grissom. She didn't listen to the village folks. She had a free mind. She didn't believe what people said. I think Sara could see in grissom the man he used to be. She saw what others couldn't see. No matter how rough his tone was with sara. She didn't give up on him. She touched his heart. She made him feel again. She began to slowly unthaw his heart. She got him to come to the village. He interacted with the children and they grew to like and adore him. Grissom enjoyed going to the village. All because of one wayward reindeer named reynard, who would run off. This is a case of not losing your faith in mankind. Would you consider an update. I would love to read how sara, grissom, artemis, apollo, and reynard are doing. Great story.
Calim1 chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
An absolutely beautiful story. (I wished I'd thought of it myself). Merry Xmas! :-D
Ziver69 chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I found one of your stories and have been hooked on your GSR since. I've done hardly anything but read thru your writing of them for the last few days (barring work and the necessities). I have to say that I have loved several but this one is so wonderful that I could not pass it by without leaving a comment. I have never read such a unique version of my favorite CSI couple anywhere. Your writing just created such a tranquil and beautiful picture, and what a verbal feast. If I had gotten up, opened my door and found snow outside, I'm not sure I could have even been shocked. Mere words can't describe what a pleasure it was to find this treasure.
My Kate chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
just found this story on a snowy new england day...just a lovely tale of timeless themes...thanks for writing this...should be published for an anthology featuring heartwarming...will find myself smiling over this all day...just beautiful...
juliana1307 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Heey, great story! I loved it from the beginning to the end :)
mossley chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
I don't even know where to begin. Well, let's start with the obvious - this is one of the best fanfics I have ever read. The prose and pace is perfect for the fairy tale-like world created. The story itself is sweet and romantic, with wonderful touches of whimsy. The backstory and characterizations rang true to the "real" characters, even in this A/U setting.

It's just amazing.
Maeve Morgan chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Oh I just found this, and it's simply beautiful, and I loved it.
jenbachand chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
I LOVED this story so much. It was just adorable. So cute and just aw.

Wonderful writing as always. :)
Kristafied chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
I thought I reviewed this already, but I don't see it on the list, and I wanted you to know that I thought this story was simply beautiful. Such a calm, peaceful narrative, wonderful and creative AU, and the fable-like tint works extremely well. It makes me miss the snow this unseasonably warm East Coast winter. I love the role of Reynard; how he leads Sara to Grissom and pulls Grissom toward Sara. Lovely.
Elialys chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
I usually don't read AU, but I confess, I gave up, and I couldn't be more okay about it!

This was just beautiful. Yeah, AU that's for sure, but the characters were so...them, in this strange different way. Really, I enjoyed it very very very much.

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful stories with us :)

Merry Christmas!

*Elialys*
TDCSI chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
It's a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it. I really enjoyed reading it.
csifan chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Oh, that was so beautifully done! Always thrilled to see one of your exquisite works of art. AU is really not a love of mine but this piece is so innocent in its beauty, like freshly-fallen snow. I don't know where those words came from, but they're just how I feel.

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome talent with us and I really look forward to more from you in 2007! Have a wonderful holiday.

P.S. If you ever decide to do a series again (like HTTM), I am totally on board with that!
stareagle chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Absolutely equisite- I loved every word - what wonderful images woven in a delightful tale. Thank you so much.
thegreatbluespoon chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Seriously awesome story, but from you what else is to be expected? Dammit, now I want a reindeer!
JackofSpade chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Favorite Line: On that night even the woodcarver’s locked heart loosened a little, and he sat in the back pew and lit his candle from his neighbor’s, and remembered the Christ Child.

I've been a "lurking fan" of your work for a long time and am ashamed to say I'm pitiful about reviews. However, this story touched the depths of my heart and demanded a review.

Your tale is beautiful and your talent to weave such a touching and brave message into the yarn is masterful. I read each line with awe and think I even heard a choir of angels now and then!

Thank you for sharing this story...especially in this time of our troubled world.