Reviews for Colors of Life and Death, Book 2: Truth in Dreams
E.Richtofen chapter 46 . 7/8
This was a heck of a read, the entire story was great, and I really loved the happy endings in both book. I want to start off by saying that this sequel was great, it built off the first book in all the right ways, from the other ships such as SasuTen to the fight scenes. The itachi death scene much earlier in the this book, was amazing. Most of the characters themselves were great and felt like themselves, with the exception of course, of the main changes to the story that diverted it from canon. Near the end, you made some pretty significant changes from the canon, it really did become its own AU. Some of those changes I liked, some I didn't.

I liked:
• Tobi, his character in this was great, Obito just didn't sit quite right with me.
• Akatsuki Power, they are powerful ninjas, but do not have godly powers.
• The whole Rinnegan thing was okay, but I admit I didn't like it much either.
• Dragons was a great addition to the story, I actually loved the background info about their clan and their connections to the Namikaze.
• Niji Chakra, the whole concept behind it, its power, and the blood limit were all very unique. Normally, Naruto having a blood limit would make the fanfic a bit unappealing, but the way you set it up was great.
• Sasuke, I always disliked how the entire Naruto story (specifically Shippuden) revolved around saving Sasuke, it felt like a waste.
• Namikaze Revival, I would say it was well worth it adding Tomoyo (I might have butchered her name) as Naruto's family.
• Tsunade, it feels like she was always motherly to him, I'm a bit surprised she didn't adopt him in canon.

I didn't like:
• Oturan, hearing them making clones was cool, but I didn't really care to see a clone themselves. Though having the clone become Naruto's brother did help me accept him.
• Pein, I would have hoped to see Pein be one of the biggest challenges Naruto has ever faced, but it just didn't feel like that in the story. I also did prefer the canon Pein, his drive for peace (even though its misguided) and the battle that took place between him and Naruto was amazing in canon. Though this is one of the only things that I didn't like, and I felt that it was because it was rushed (which is understandable, seeing as what was happening in your personal life).

That's all I didn't like, the ending of course could have been better, if wasn't rushed, but honestly I would rather have a completed story than one that stopped in the end. The ending itself was still solid though, you closed everything off, you finished off the NaruHina relationship and everything was left in a positive note. Plus, I'm not in anyway disappointed with it being rushed, any other author would have stopped the series if they were in your position, so I thank you for completing it. Happy endings, non-perverted NaruHina relationships, character personalities being intact, and a good amount of light-hearted moments is all I really asked for in many fanfics and you hit and exceeded each of those categories. Thanks for the great read.

On a final note, hope life is getting better, and maybe one day you will write another NaruHin story, though it will be tough to beat this one (its one of the best (if not the best) fanfics out there).
E.Richtofen chapter 26 . 7/8
This is exactly how I would want Itachi's death to be shown, there is so much more emotion to it. Sasuke being side by side with the rest of team 7, learning the truth (not through Madara, but Itachi himself), while his brother (Naruto) is there for him. I think I can never look at the original scene with the same feelings ever again, because the one portrayed here was just perfect.
E.Richtofen chapter 18 . 7/8
This is an interesting take on Naruto goal of being a hokage. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that he didn't realize it sooner in the manga, that a Hokage is more than brute strength. The whole take your son to work thing that Tsunade did and Gaara's bluntness to helping Naruto realize his lack of maturity, really makes me wonder why someone hasn't thought of doing a scene like that before in either fanfic or canon. This and the last several chapters has great, its nice to see Naruto learning more about his clan heritage (Namikaze) and a dragon contract sounds genuinely interesting. One other thing I have noticed with COLAD, has been the nice mixture of dark and light moments. There is plenty of light-hearted moments sprinkled across COLAD such as the NaruHina fluff, him learning about being a Hokage, training, and just building his relationship with his own clan, friends, and family. Then there are the moments, where Naruto or his friends get wounded or in the middle of a intense fight. People die in this series, but its not just a downward spiral. Basically, I'm saying that I love the balance of light-hearted and disheartening moments. The story as a whole has been so engaging, and I'm not just referring to this sequel.
E.Richtofen chapter 5 . 7/7
I'm guessing Deidara does the whole "yeah" thing in the Japanese version. Also, love the story so far. I will admit, Gaara is a bit OOC, he usually barely talks, gives very short responses, and gives no emotion. The Gaara in this story is a bit more emotional that that, and seems to be a bit more open (not sure how to describe it). It's not a bad thing by any means, I'm just merely saying that he is a bit different.
E.Richtofen chapter 3 . 7/7
So far, love the premise of the story. Plenty of NaruHina moments, nothing perverted (gladly). I have gotten so addicted to reading this, that I looked over the Dōjinshi, the fan art, and the radio plays on your site. This is at least in my top 3 favorite fanfics. I can't wait to see how the story progresses. Thanks for keeping the characters personalities intact, in both this sequel and the preceding book.
It's already ended*use rasenshuriken on RPR*
I think Naruto is suicidal.
It's funny how you think your safe.
I think you have something against Jiraya
LL chapter 46 . 12/1/2016
This was good
Guest chapter 46 . 11/21/2016
The ending was amazing!
jackalope33 chapter 46 . 11/15/2016
hey song. i know its been a few years since this had been completed and all but i still wanted to drop a review here.

back when i found COLAD was around the time when tobi was healed by tsunade, back then i honestly enjoyed the fic and often checked whether the next chapter had come out (this was before i realized the awesome button called "follow") but after a few months i get bored and just kept the link on my phone. now, a few years (i think... time gets blurry when everyday is just school, fic, sleep repeat) later i came back. i reread the whole story from book one just to refresh my memory yet still enjoyed it all the same.

i think that this fic shows us that even if a story doesnt have long chaps, it can still be great! i think my fav part was probably when naruto first discovered his suigikon and was waving his hands around. (i just imagined him having a expression of amazement while his eyes just looked on ahead- not seeing anything just waving his arms about while his mouth was open with drool coming out). anyways... there was more that i wanted to say but i could never remember them when i type a review -.-

also regarding your book... i really want to read it! i'm sooo going to ask for it when i next go to a book store! also... am i interpreting it wrong or is it a trilogy?
anyways, if you could send me an advertisement or how you want to phrase it with the links and stuff, i could post it on my facebook page (not many visit it, but better than nothing right?) if the link wont work on fanfiction pm then just ask and i'll send you my personal email.

i think that was all i wanted to say... so yeah, send me a pm- i like chatting . (behind the computer anyways... i dont like talking to people i dont know in real life... for some reason)

ps: i noticed you took the links to the audio version and art galleries down from your profile.. personally i think you should keep it up. it might not be complete, but hey! i think that it should be kept up for people to enjoy- no matter how few!
Guest chapter 36 . 8/18/2016
Kishimodo should read this and make it into the naruto or naruto shippuden series. This is REALLY good.
Rogue Survivor chapter 2 . 7/12/2016
This is shaping up to be the shortest FanFic ever
dominika chapter 46 . 2/28/2016
Thank you very much for keeping your word and sticking with the story despite all the troubles you had. The story was amazing. The ending was quite rushed but i can't really blake you for that after such a long time of writing it. I might check out your original novel too, the description sounds interesting. Hope everything is going well for you.
2,863 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »