Reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha 2: Sayuri's Next Journey
alex chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
i like it ... :)
Mistress Hinata chapter 9 . 2/5/2013
This story is very well written and I love how you follow everything just like it is in the book. This is one of the few Memoirs of a Geisha stories that I ever read on here and I can't wait to read next coming chapters. :)
Awesome grl chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
very good!
MandarinFlower chapter 9 . 1/1/2012
I thought this story was beautiful and very well written.
HeadlessHedwig chapter 6 . 6/22/2011
Hey ChattyChick.

I am mainly a fantasy reader but read memoirs of a Geisha about six years ago for the first time and then once a year most years after it! I do a literature at degree and like to think i can appreciate good writing! :)

This story is definitely competent and the chapter where you allow Sayuri/Chiyo to remember Chiyo was touching at times (and that is rare in most fan fic i have read!) Also impressed with your referencing ... cuts off alot of questions straight away. Keep it up. I hope you are still wriiting
gender-bender-lover-101 chapter 9 . 6/11/2011
you're right it wasnt up to par BUT omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oh my fuckin'god! i havent reasd memoirs of a geisha in like 3 years and i saw this and was like 'lets check it out what harm could it do' you see i always thought that the ending of MoG was left to hang loose a bit...ya know what i think im gonna go watch the movie tomarrow. can you please update soon, like really soon! PLEASE!
StopJawnDasGay chapter 9 . 5/10/2011
wow! this is my first memoirs of a geisha fanfic read, and yours was brilliant xD

I hope to read more now, but I doubt they can live up to this, you've really captured the style of the original book xx
LadyRin98790 chapter 9 . 10/5/2010
good job I really like this and I really want to watch the movie now Hope you update soon!
KatherineSpice chapter 2 . 8/17/2010
Well, that was a twist! Sayuri's age bothers me a little, because my grandparents that age were not able to walk without help and such, so it's a bit weird to see such an old lady so independent, but that's just my personal opinion.

Otherwise, I like your writing style and cannot wait to see where this goes! It's nice to see that you did your research and are so factual; most fan fiction authors just throw something together, completely ignoring book canon. Good job:)
Meneldur chapter 9 . 6/3/2010
You're actually right. This chapter felt somewhat weak. But that's okay. Not every chapter is perfect, and bridging chapters, which bring us from one situation to another are usually the weakest.

The true weakness of the chapter was not the train ride, but the shamisen episode. It felt very stilted, as if it was not developed enough. The emotions were complex - perhaps too complex, as it was unclear what happened, other than us getting a flash of the old Pumpkin.

But otherwise, the chapter was very good. You keep up the theme of Satsu, which is very important, as it may be forgotten in the plot of Hatsumiyo.

My only question is why Sayuri thinks no one is left, and includes Mameha. Isn't Mameha still alive in Japan? Won't Sayuri meet her?

Until the next chapter, Meneldur.
Blood Red Tulips chapter 8 . 5/31/2010
Lovely story!

Please continue!

I love Memoirs of A Geisha.

It's a beautiful story.
Meneldur chapter 8 . 4/6/2010
Hurray! You've updated. I'm so glad you're writing this story again. It's so beautiful, I simply love it.

So, what is Pumpkin's plan? What is there in Japan that can hurt Sayuri? Obviously it will hurt if she sees her sister again, but it wasn't her fault they were separated... and in truth, Satsu left her. Mameha? She seemed to be on good terms with her, and Mameha even visited her in New York. The only thing I can think of is Nobu, who might feel betrayed. That might be interesting to see.

It is interesting to note, though, that Pumpkin seem s to grow nostalgic. Maybe she's not all evil? We'll have to wait and see, I guess. Sayuri seems to have much the same feelings

The idea of Wendy and Catherine coming along is good. I like it a lot - it'll be nice to see how a nine-year-old reacts to Japan. Also, having a child along should make sure there's less tension and open antagonism. And Catherine also seems like a good character - single mother, a good person and a good mother. I can't wait to see how the next meeting with Hatsumiyo will go.

Thank you so much for continuing to write this, until the next chapter!
tangune chapter 7 . 1/25/2010
that was a good stoey , maybe i should write a geisha story..
Biccy chapter 7 . 11/3/2009
Oh, hey, awesome story.

No end for it?
Meneldur chapter 3 . 4/14/2009
Just a note: I think you should update this chapter. The Chairman was at least 20 years older than Sayuri. She mentions he was around 40 when they met. I think it would be more accurate if you change it to 20 years here.