Reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha 2: Sayuri's Next Journey
roni2010 chapter 10 . 11/22
Great story! hope one day to see of this story!
GWBear chapter 10 . 5/25
This is so wonderful. I would love to see this story completed. There is so much that could happen here, so much rich story history to harvest...
TheFlyingHamster chapter 10 . 3/30
Very glad to see this updating again! Hope to see more in the coming future.
Rhea chapter 9 . 2/19
Isn't there another update ? :(

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME ! My favourite book gets a friggin fanfic, I can't believe it ! T.T 3
alex chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
i like it ... :)
Mistress Melfina chapter 9 . 2/5/2013
This story is very well written and I love how you follow everything just like it is in the book. This is one of the few Memoirs of a Geisha stories that I ever read on here and I can't wait to read next coming chapters. :)
Awesome grl chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
very good!
MandarinFlower chapter 9 . 1/1/2012
I thought this story was beautiful and very well written.
HeadlessHedwig chapter 6 . 6/22/2011
Hey ChattyChick.

I am mainly a fantasy reader but read memoirs of a Geisha about six years ago for the first time and then once a year most years after it! I do a literature at degree and like to think i can appreciate good writing! :)

This story is definitely competent and the chapter where you allow Sayuri/Chiyo to remember Chiyo was touching at times (and that is rare in most fan fic i have read!) Also impressed with your referencing ... cuts off alot of questions straight away. Keep it up. I hope you are still wriiting
gender-bender-lover-101 chapter 9 . 6/11/2011
you're right it wasnt up to par BUT omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oh my fuckin'god! i havent reasd memoirs of a geisha in like 3 years and i saw this and was like 'lets check it out what harm could it do' you see i always thought that the ending of MoG was left to hang loose a bit...ya know what i think im gonna go watch the movie tomarrow. can you please update soon, like really soon! PLEASE!
StopJawnDasGay chapter 9 . 5/10/2011
wow! this is my first memoirs of a geisha fanfic read, and yours was brilliant xD

I hope to read more now, but I doubt they can live up to this, you've really captured the style of the original book xx
LadyRin98790 chapter 9 . 10/5/2010
good job I really like this and I really want to watch the movie now Hope you update soon!
KatherineSpice chapter 2 . 8/17/2010
Well, that was a twist! Sayuri's age bothers me a little, because my grandparents that age were not able to walk without help and such, so it's a bit weird to see such an old lady so independent, but that's just my personal opinion.

Otherwise, I like your writing style and cannot wait to see where this goes! It's nice to see that you did your research and are so factual; most fan fiction authors just throw something together, completely ignoring book canon. Good job:)
Meneldur chapter 9 . 6/3/2010
You're actually right. This chapter felt somewhat weak. But that's okay. Not every chapter is perfect, and bridging chapters, which bring us from one situation to another are usually the weakest.

The true weakness of the chapter was not the train ride, but the shamisen episode. It felt very stilted, as if it was not developed enough. The emotions were complex - perhaps too complex, as it was unclear what happened, other than us getting a flash of the old Pumpkin.

But otherwise, the chapter was very good. You keep up the theme of Satsu, which is very important, as it may be forgotten in the plot of Hatsumiyo.

My only question is why Sayuri thinks no one is left, and includes Mameha. Isn't Mameha still alive in Japan? Won't Sayuri meet her?

Until the next chapter, Meneldur.
Blood Red Tulips chapter 8 . 5/31/2010
Lovely story!

Please continue!

I love Memoirs of A Geisha.

It's a beautiful story.