Reviews for Christmas Past
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
OMG! How on earth could you think this wasn't what I requested...it's absolutely perfect! Please, please, please write more of the story. I'm so happy. I absolutely love it :)
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Well, this is a very interesting way to write a story. The unfolding storyline kept me riveted, held my curiosity, but I have to admit that I was a little confused along the way. Of course, when I got to the end, it all made sense. I like the way you describe Dean, very real, very human, mistakes and all. What a price to pay for poor judgment.

A different kind of Christmas fic - and well done. I'll be checking out your other work. Thanks for sharing...and Merry Christmas.
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Okay, so once I realized this was numbered in order but placed out of order, I copied it and put it in order to read. Sorry, but I was just so confused at first! Once I did that, this made complete sense and I LOVED IT!

Oh man, I've seen hypothermia, I've seen guilty!Dean, I've seen CPS take Sammy away... but I have NEVER seen it all done at once, and NEVER when Sam was already 16! It was such a great story, and when you said Sam was DEAD I just about died too. I kept racking my brain, trying to remember if sendintheclowns had really asked for a dead!Sam story, and I kept thinking it couldn't be true, and thank god it wasn't!

The parts with John and Dean looking for Sam, also did me in. Poor guys, with John so stoic and broken and Dean so guilty and contemplative. I loved the parellels you made to Mary's death and Sam's disappearance. Both father and son seemed very in character, and I could just see and feel the tension between them. So sad to think John was blaming Dean - often I read fics where the writer tries to spin a John-blames-Dean, but usually it seems irrational and not like John at all. But in this, John blaming Dean makes complete sense. Hell, I would blame Dean too if I was John. I don't often feel that way when I read fics, but you made me too. Awesome work.

My favorite part was the line about Sam crying, the night after Dean and John found him again. It made me wonder, was he crying because he was relieved? - or was it because he was sad about losing his shot at normality? In my head, he was crying because he felt guilty because he DID miss it, but he felt like he shouldn't miss it. No matter what the reason, you broke my heart with it.

What a great addition to the Secret Santa fics, Refur! This was fantastic. I loved each part and you built the suspense well and it was just... wow. WOW.
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Very effective stylistically-just enough to make sense and then more than enough to pull me along. It's maybe the most artistic limpening I've ever read :)

The image of Dean bursting in, Sam dead in his arms is freakin' haunting and just so vivid. The nurse's thoughts, how it's not her place to tell him, just hurt.

I'd say more but my brain is mushy! Wonderful! I'll be more coherent on LJ later!
Harrigan chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Just ... wow!

And more would be *more* than welcome - though I'm dying for you to finish But for the Grace first!
roxy071288 chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
I'm a little confused...did Sam get put in a foster home? Or is he back with Dean and Dad, and what age were they exactly...
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
I'm not sure what to say about this...it killed me in more than one place, it took me a little to figure out what as going on. Very well written.
22 | « Prev Page 1 2