Reviews for What a Lovely Way to Burn
Elialys chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
You know Gina, I want to blame you for the insanity that has taken over my life (hi, this is Ambre/Elialys btw, but I had to log out to post this because *SHOCKING* I reviewed this before).

I blame you (a little at least) because I read your GSR fanfic back at the end of December, back when all these feels were still happily repressed, the way they had been for 5 years. Ever since I read your story, these feels have been nagging at me. It took me a few more months to finally give in. A week ago (to the day) I decided to rewatch ALL THE GSR SCENES (in the middle of the night obviously). I wept a little, but I like to think I could have been okay if I had left it to that. I didn't, I decided to give the pilot a try instead, thinking I could handle it. Then of course once you watch the pilot you have to watch 1x02 for 'closure' and also SARA SHOWING UP YO.

So, yeah. A week later, I bought season 1 through 5 on DVDs again (because my old ones are in France), now I am almost done with season 2, and I have cried rivers of tears over everything, mostly because I'm rereading all my old favorite fanfics and MY GSR FEELS I JUST CANNOT DEAL. I'm a big mess full of old/renewed OTP feelings.

Obviously, it has led me here, to this fic. And I'm so upset, because this is still perfect in all the ways I rambled about in my first review, and it hurts me because THEY ARE NOT TOGETHER ANYMORE ON THE SHOW?! (Yeah it's harder to ignore this minor canon fact now that I'm not repressing anymore). Like, HOW DARE YOU TPTB HOW DARE YOU. I want to take this story, and these beautiful scenes your wrote, and somehow change them a little to make them fit whatever caused Griss and Sara to break up (WHY WHAT WHY), and put them back together.

This confirms something I already knew 'back in the days': fanfics writers in this fandom have ways understood these characters more than the show writers. I mean just take the way YOU dealt with what was back then the 'sabatical/burning out' spoiler. You wrote something both exquisitely angsty AND romantic as hell, and you did in a way that was absolutely THEM. So believable. In comparison, the way Griss handled things on the show was just...bad. Yeah yeah he's an awkward ass by definition, but he's an awkward ass in your fic at some point too, and YOUR assitude is just better.

I think we all agree that things would have been better in general for our geek!lovers if both characters had remained gone from the show for good. I'm sure Jorja had her reasons for coming back, so the writers had to make things work with what they had. Yet somehow, making them have a long, LASTING, distance relationship was too much of a challenge?! I AM SO ANGRY GINA. AND VERY DISTRESSED!

Anyway. Sorry for the excessive ramble in this review (nope, I haven't changed much, I'm just more officially gay than I was back then). If you ever feel like replying to this, you know how to mp me. A MP WOULD BE REALLY GREAT, ACTUALLY. Yeah, I'm kinda desperate and sad, I feel like I put myself in cryo!sleep for 5 years, and now that I just woke up, I find out the fandom is dead. Everybody's gone from everywhere :'(

I hope this will find you well. I'll keep on rereading all your fanfics in the meantime (and I'll read the newest ones I missed!), because they are perfect and often better than canon. That is all.

*Elialys*
csiKathy chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
This really hits the spot for me right now. Great story to begin with but the writing is so in line with my idea of the two of them. Stories like this help me keep the GSR in my mind because I know that it would not come apart. I have way more faith in characters that TPTB.
Lydia chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
What a heart-felt love story you have here. I went through all the highs and lows along the story lines with the two characters. This is truly what GSR is all about. A magnificent portrait of a love story.

It beats me why I did not pick this one up sooner? Oh well. Later is better than never.

A big "THANK YOU" for this loving piece and an equal one for granting public the admittance privilege to the world of Summer Reign.

I'll make sure I always check your postings when I go on line from now on.
My Kate chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
how have I never seen this story before tonight?...I'm sitting here an absolute mess after reading this wonderful tale...it is the definitive reason we love GSR...this one should be posted in the dictionary as the definition for "romance"...thanks so much for writing this splendid work...
gsrfan34 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Great story, loved it.
xialemar chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Very beautiful story. Humbled and romantic, i love from beginning to end. This was made years ago and yet as if I felt the same emotion learning of his sabbatical. You weave magic into that and it felt wonderful.

Thanks.
rosesinjanuary chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
I love, love, love this story. I've read it probably four or five times now since I first found it months ago, and it's definitely one of my favorites. It's just...warm and loving and insightful and perfect. Did I mention that I love it? :-)
Klee Wyck chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
I do love your writing so. You make me want to write again...almost...But as long as you keep producing, I can be content with my non-production.
Sarafly chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
I was browsing and found your are awesome. I miss Sara and Grissom so much and reading your amazing thougts make me feel they are still are a great writer and this particular story is full of beauty.
bears434 chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
aw, i really like this.. it has good angst and fluff and everything ))
seattlecsifan chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
This is a lovely story. Thank you for giving it to us.
StarlaMarie chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Superb!
AliCat713 chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
*This* is the story. THE story. The first CSI story that I fell head over heels in love with. There are many authors and many stories, but when someone asks me if I can recommend something, this is what I recommend first.

You are so talented and you write such lovely stories. Thank you so much for sharing them.
Mouth2mouth chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
I thought it was awesome. I like the Earth Goddess and the aluminum and rust reference and let's not forget "I don't even have to turn around" line. Brings back good memories.
Lasrevinu chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
This fic is amazingly awesome. I love how you presented Sara's insecurities in a realistic way and explained Grissom's burnout. Really wonderful.