Reviews for Carousel of Time
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 4 . 5/18/2010
Now this one I really liked. Full of cute moments, and lots of things that just love to tie in together. Plus it explores Kim’s parents a bit more, something there hasn’t been much ever since Grudge Matches, I think.

I was surprised when the story flashbacked to one of the first episodes in the series (Can’t remember the title right now), rewriting Kim’s feelings on the moment but making it all fit. Kudos for that. _

If you ask me, this story should definitely be addressed as part of the BE series.

Some of my favorite parts were the history behind the new, still wrapped up Pandaroo, and how the twins began keeping some of the items. The photo of a younger Shego was something interesting as well.

So, you say there ain’t any more long stories, but episodes like these are sure good enough for me. Looking forward for more.

Yours, “Memory of a Writer” Alexander/Alexlayer.

Goodbye!
Itachi's aprentice chapter 4 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's aprentice chapter 3 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's aprentice chapter 2 . 4/6/2010
Itachi's aprentice chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
the grey mage chapter 4 . 7/5/2009
well, you asked and i was curious. so now you got four reviews from me. when i have time i will go through your works. i read your bio, and could not help but laugh. that was the same reason why i didn't have favorite authors. but then i started rereading the same stories and lost track of who wrote what... it just seemed simpler to collect them all.
the grey mage chapter 2 . 7/5/2009
read? whats up with the review throttle?
the grey mage chapter 3 . 7/5/2009
read...
the grey mage chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
read.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 4 . 7/17/2008
Really, a very lovely story. Sweet and sentimental without being mawkish. And you deftly weave together canon and plausible non-canon material to give Kim's childhood flesh. Of course Kim's pretending she'd never heard of Shego before Tick Tick Tick is a little implausible, but you were, after all, spinning a yarn.

And this made me laugh out loud: "I'm a hero, I unselfishly throw myself at a problem, or on top of her."

Just curious - why resist its induction into the BE Universe? Is there a continuity gap that I'm missing?
SolarinStudio chapter 4 . 8/8/2007
A delightful story. A bit of a twist, but still pulled off effectively.

Kim and Ron are great together, even when they aren't "together".

Much respect to NoDrogs for his creation of Kasy and Sheki. His talent is significant, and he is the author of the ONLY KiGo fic I have read.

Your use of those characters is an inspired homage to NoDrogs' stories.
shinneodeus chapter 4 . 7/29/2007
Too bad you don't have this story as part of your canon. Almost everything can be fitted in somewhere. Now the overall history of Kim knowing of shego and being inspired by her doesn't quite fit in your it plays havoc with the official canon of the show which I have seen that you try to follow as closely as possible.

Like the theme of Ron being the balance to Kim. It should be his overall role. Even Shego admited as such.

Read you later!
CastaS chapter 4 . 2/22/2007
i enjoyed reading it, great one.
Etherelemental chapter 4 . 1/15/2007
Well, it's still quite good regardless. It really was a nice calm fic that's more about nostalgia than anything else. I think it'd be quite interesting if you did something like this for Shego, even if it also isn't exactly in the 'Best Enemies' storyline. Though, it also was a bit amusing with that last bit with Shego teeling Kim what to do with that old picture of her. _ Thanks for keeping this up.
beeftony chapter 4 . 1/2/2007
Beautiful, just beautiful. I've always enjoyed the "trip down memory lane" fics, and I surprisingly found myself relieved that it turned out to be a KiGo. Guess that shows how much your work has changed my perspective on things. I'm also a Kim/Ron shipper, so even if the story wasn't KiGo, I still would have enjoyed it immensely because that is not what made it so special in my mind.

The song you picked was perfect. Normally I find it odd in your works that you only include a couple verses of a song, but here it has a nice poetic effect. The story was paced flawlessly. We found out exactly one thing about Kim and Shego's past per chapter, which made me anxious to find out what would happen next. You do a great job here of revealing just enough to keep us wanting more.

The memories were crafted beautifully, with just the right mix of nostalgia and angst. I loved your spin on "Tick Tick Tick." I thought it highly unlikely that someone as well-informed as Kim would not know of someone like Shego, and here you proved why.

The opening words to the fic are some of the most beautiful and artistic I have ever read, and from the first sentence on I was hooked. This one's going on my favorites, as well as my C2.