Reviews for Friends and Family
bridgetlynn chapter 11 . 3/16/2014
This was lovely. It was angsty and sweet and just everything.
I loved the little mental wise cracks throughout. I could actually see Tommy and Conner's character's headspaces being exactly like that.
I was always disappointed on DT that they didn't show a better, or at least more realistic, connection between the DT team and Tommy. They tried to almost play it off as growing more 'friendly' as the series progressed; but realistically, with the age difference (10-12 years depending on whatever timeline a viewer would choose to go by) between them and his actual job as their teacher it should have developed more into a 'fatherly' (or at least 'older brother') connection. I see a lot of fanfics where Tommy almost takes that role with Trent 'cause of the 'shared evil past' or whatever...but honestly, I always saw more of Tommy in Conner. The reluctant leader who had it sort of thrust upon him and is going to make mistakes and doesn't really believe he has 'it' in him. Trent's too stoic and 'responsible' and 'mature' - even after Tommy's evil phase, he was still able to behave like a stupid kid who made mistakes. I think Trent would actually keel over dead if he did something to 'mess up' or did something 'childish' (and I always got the impression he had zero respect for Conner and thought he was better then him).
Loved the allusion to a possible Kira/Conner pairing in the mysterious off-screen future of this little slice of AU. 'Cause, yea, love them. Makes so much sense - they balance each other in a way that Kira and Trent could never even begin to approach.
Also, I must say, I love that you made Tommy bi...with apparently a past relationship with Mercer. 'Cause, dear lord does that make loads of sense. Especially since the level of tension between him and Mercer throughout DT could ONLY be explained by a past relationship. Tommy could get viscous and brutal towards the 'bad-guy-du-jour' throughout the earlier seasons; but, he never had quite that level of animosity towards them before Mesogog/Mercer. It was almost like his existence was a personal affront to Tommy's existence once the connection between Mesogog/Mercer was explained (not to mention his borderline awed shock at seeing Mercer alive before they found out he was Mesogog).
...it's 7am and I haven't slept and I'm taking pain killers. So, rambling review over.
Okami-Ranger chapter 8 . 11/26/2013
What did Mercer do to hurt Tommy?
MysticFireBlood chapter 11 . 10/26/2013
Loved it! Would be interested in more...maybe a back story on Anton and Tommy, but over all, I loved it.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/19/2012
My God! That was so sad, lovely, and funny wrapped into one completely well written story! I bow in the face of your awesomeness.
living prayer chapter 10 . 4/4/2012
When Tommy punched Mr. McKnight I cheered the man did have it coming thou I think Tommy’s line should have been

"You know next time you want to call someone a fag, you better make sure it's not someone who IS DATEING the most powerful man on the West Coast
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
I've read this about a dozen times, and am only now reviewing-what's wrong with me? I love the parent/child relationship you build up between Tommy and Conner. Conner's father was such a slimeball that I mentally gave a little cheer when he was cut down to size at the end!
LateNightAuthor2013 chapter 11 . 12/11/2010
I LOVE THE LAST LINE! That was freaking amazing.

"Yeah, you should see Bruce Wayne's."

I wonder which is more disfunctional...?
LateNightAuthor2013 chapter 10 . 12/11/2010
I started laughing as soon as he punched him in the nose and my mom looked at me, "Why are you laughing?"

I sighed, "Tommy called someone a f*g!"

"excuse me?" she asked.

"Nothing, nothing," I muttered.

I love this story:)
QueenoftheSlayers chapter 11 . 9/2/2009
Don't be over dramatic, I bought the sandwich first.

I LOVED that sentence so Much!
angel1983 chapter 11 . 5/23/2009
That was short but wonderful
sernity1806 chapter 11 . 2/10/2009
Did you have to say dating mercer. kinda makes him bi. Oddly enough I can see Tommy as bi. JDF is straight as can be, but we can make Tommy bi or gay or straight, the power of fanfiction.
Bayou Bebe chapter 11 . 1/28/2009
That was fecking adorable!

I totally dig it man, you rock!
Be A Warrior Casseau chapter 10 . 1/20/2009
Ah...sweet! I've always wanted to see Tommy go after someone like that! Thinking about Tommy and Mercer together still makes my skin crawl, but damn if he didn't come in handy! LOVED IT!
Be A Warrior Casseau chapter 6 . 1/20/2009
You go, Tommy! Woo-hoo! Tell that creep off.
HorseRidersHaveMoreFun chapter 11 . 12/16/2008
I so love the ending. That crack about Bruce Wayne's family was just awesome. True, but awesome. Love your work.