Reviews for Part the Clouds
Guardian Master chapter 7 . 4/22/2008
I dunno why but I just like Kyo and his deck, this chapter so far is my favorite out of the 7 in this Fanfic so far. Update ASAP
Library Arcanium chapter 7 . 12/6/2007
You are quite talented. I can't wait till you update again! I love any story that is well-written and in the case of Yugioh, uses good original cards. You do both quite well. Keep it up! And I kindly ask that you read and review my Starbright Phoenixes story...I'm having a little trouble getting off the ground, but when I do...the dueling world won't know what hit it.
Wolf General chapter 4 . 9/26/2007
Heh, yes this was filler. But oh well, we all need to write filler sometimes just to get our brain settled, right?
anime shadow alpha chapter 7 . 9/20/2007
Great story from what I've read so far and most of the decks have been quite interesting, the chapter length is quite good, I hope you updated soon.
Time Mage chapter 7 . 8/7/2007
Nifty-ness-ocity—and I don’t just say that for everybody. So, apparently Sayuri’s got a thing about guys and her appearance. I gotta say, she didn’t do much this chapter to earn my attention. Beating the crap outta Saburo was amusing, but haranguing Kyo like that was rather uncalled for and ungrateful.

Kyo, on the other hand, is pretty cool. I can’t say I like the way he words some stuff, since it makes him sound like a jackass, whereas other things he says are decent and reasonable. Yes, no doubt this will evolve over the course of the series, so I’ll reserve my main judgment and for now just acknowledge that he’s awesome.

Next chapter looks cool. It’ll be awesome to see Takashi pushed a bit farther, plus I’m very interested to see this new Ra Yellow student, that I am.

Thanks again for the birthday wish. I too hope you can update some more before I leave for the hard lands of Alabama. In the mean time, sleep tight, and don’t let the Fangirls write!

See ya.
Phantom 1 chapter 7 . 8/7/2007
Kyo's a character I could learn to like. I think you made him a little too arrogant though. You almost made him Kaiba-like with the "I'm holier than thou" attitude. If you trimmed it down a little, it could really be believable. Still, the chapter was great, I hope the next one doesn't take as long to put up.
Seeker of the Soul chapter 7 . 8/7/2007
Well Saburo, even if he never appears again, is likely to never live down getting his ass kicked by a girl. Heh.

A pity for Sayuri, had she faced one of the three punks instead of Kyo she might have done quite a bit better. Of course that's the penalty for acting out of anger, sometimes you just make bad decisions that blow up in your face.
Phantom 1 chapter 6 . 7/16/2007
This chapter was pretty good, I wanted to see more attempts by Junsei to "purify" Gnash. It was hilarious. One thing though, you might want to explain some of the priestess terminology for those of us (i.e. me) who might not understand it. Still, it was pretty funny and I'm sticking around to see what happens.
Viewtiful Jeff chapter 6 . 6/22/2007
Kaiba: Screw the rules, I have primary colors!

A good chapter. I'm not sure why I didn't expect Gnash to use Eternal Loner. It seems so obvious now. It's also a lot easier to like the deck when it isn't beating the crap out of you...

Junsei is interesting as a character. I think I like her, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll wait a couple chapters before I decide there. I do know I already love her deck though. Counter Angels FTW!

By the way, it's Voltanis the Adjucator. Giver of Judgment - Boltenis is a stupid lame name. For one, Boltenis is the result of crap romanization. For two, when a man gives you judgment, that's not intimidating at all. But when a man ADJUCATES you, you better SIT THE FUCK DOWN.

... *cough*

Anyway.

Good chapter. Sorry the review took so long.
Time Mage chapter 6 . 6/21/2007
**Throws a match onto a pile of bodies and signs reading "Gnash x Junsei!" and "Gnash x Sayuri 4 evur! LOLZ!"**

Finally got to sit down and finish this (got to the duel on Tuesday, and didn't get to read yesterday...) Ironically, while the duel started "The Unforgiven" began to play on my iTunes, and towards the end, "My Friend of Misery" played. Granted Gnash's personality...

Wow...Gnash isn't a dark, ominous badass like I had expected. Well, he's still got some mystique and awesomeness, but nothing like I had expected. Still have no idea what that ritual-esque thing he was doing was, though.

Junsei is...odd. I'll reserve my judgment of her until later.

Next chapter should be amusing, that it should. See ya.
Seeker of the Soul chapter 6 . 6/19/2007
That was quite the fun chapter. A shocking amount of dialogue from Gnash and lots of humorous character interaction in general. I was actually reminded of a moment in Inuyasha with him totally ignoring Grandpa's o-fuda.

Also, Screw Kaiba indeed. Good chapter.
PlagueXRoamer chapter 5 . 6/13/2007
Now this is interesting. The last chapter is rather amusing too, 'specially with Shien's Spy. However I should probably point out that Different Dimension Tunnel - Mirror Gate(that's the real name) can only be used if it is an ELEMENTAL HERO monster you control that is declared as an attack target, and I'm sure that Ameba is NOT an Elemental Hero. Just something for you to think about for future chapters with this card.

I wonder, what IS Gnash's Deck based around anyway? He sounds and acts like someone who uses a Fiend Deck, so maybe Dark World? Archfiends?

PlagueXRoamer, signing off!
Viewtiful Jeff chapter 5 . 6/10/2007
Ah, Immortal of Thunder. One of the most hilarious effects there is.

Giyan is quite interesting, that he is. Chapters focusing on teachers are always neat, I think. The fact that he beat dino boy thar with a Shien's spy deck just tickles my fancy ever so much.

For some reason though, Giyan's apperance makes me think of Ulquiorra...not sure why.

And it seems my guess about us seeing Gnash's deck was totally wrong, but I'm making a more confident guess that NEXT chapter is when we see it! Huzzah!
Time Mage chapter 5 . 6/9/2007
That was unexpected, that it was. Well, the plot of the chapter was expected, but there were a number of twists which weren't. The most prominent, of course, being the appearance of Giyan! As you know, I thoroughly like Giyan, and he has shown himself to be even more likable here, since, as you know, I have strong personal feelings about teachers. Though, I must know, how directly connected is he here as to his earlier incarnation? Are they exactly the same, bridging the two series, or have you simply transplanted him into this universe, meaning he has no memory of the events of previous awesomeness? Either is cool, I just want to know for the sake of knowing.

Girl hugging Izumi...I hope you didn't jump onto the same train as Seeker when he introduced Chizuma, if you catch my drift, though I get the feeling that's not it at all. Too early and vague to know.

So, next chapter we get some Gnash-ness. Looking forward to you throwing vague details at me to keep me guessing at random and silly things so as to keep me completely oblivious of the true nature of your favorite character until you choose to reveal it.

See ya.
Seeker of the Soul chapter 5 . 6/9/2007
Heh, I've never understimated Shien's Spy. In fact, when it first came out I instantly thought of Griggle and Ameba. I must say though, there was one problem with that duel. That's the finishing move. Immortal of Thunder's damage effect only activates if its flip effect was activated. So normal summoning it and then nuking it causes no damage.

Bonus for the chapter, Giyan returns! The man with the weirdest hair ever appears to kick some student butt. Although I must glare at you slightly because of 'Hotaka Seijitsu'. Was the similarity in name deliberate or accidental?

Overall, fun chapter, simple but fun. Also great because it took so little time. Gratzi.