Reviews for Whatever You Want
MadMan chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
I don't know how anyone can say ken won't know act in relationship when shinj who don't know how to express him and going
around bitch chocking girls does?

Really...really...really?
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Such a sad, sad little story.

I have to admit that I'm not much of an Asuka fan. Some reviewers have likened her to Ranma in that she's confident to the point of... Well... yeah. Still, she's abusive and that's enough.

As for the rest of the NGE "crew" and all, Gendo needs to die, Kozou should have known better, and Rits also should have known better.

I would LOVE to see an Asuka/KaworuKaoru pairing! ::laughs:: GO for it!
Teankun chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
I agree with another review. Okay, you made your point, but the Ken' bash was unentertaining for me. BTW, your rational at the end by saying he was inmature is irrelevent. EVA is about high schoolers. Reality check who at that age IS mature to handle all adult situations. And here is a news flash for you: people mature with age.

Also, it sounded like Masato was saying they shouldn't try to save Rei and Ken because they had a bad realtionship. Do the planet a favor and don't go into emergency responce. "Should we send a team in to save them?" "No, they had relation problems, so they should die."
IcantbelieveImdoingthis chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Boo, Kensuke is the freaking MAN.

That being said, the idea of Rei inadvertently becoming the doormat in a relationship is an interesting thought worthy of exploration.
Mick1445 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Ok, i get it. You don't like the pairing...but to denomize kensuke is just wrong. Him and hikari were the last two innocent of the 6 main children. I agree with you that a KR relationship wouldn't work but to make him evil is...well it makes it seem like you don't like his character at all..and if that is the case...let him be...personally i'm an AS fan and have been since 1994 when the series came out...yeah i'm like 20 whatever...and i have never liked the SR pairing...but That's beside the point...the point i'm trying to make is that ken along with ALL the students in his class were eligible to became pilots...which means that their brian patterns were spiked on one level...usually that spike only comes with extreme trauma...which means that everyone in that class has seen death...so to do that to an innocent character...you sir are wrong...and hey i like the KR pairing...they are both characters who seem to have nothing it the end...and misery loves company...
ian chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
hey i like the Asuka/Kaworu parring
WorkingClassNinja chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
"Burn baby burn, disco inferno..."
Darknemo2000 chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
I see the point of your ctiticism because Rei/Kensuke disgust me just as much, yet you have to soften your tone a bit - I am Asuka fan and I know quite a lot of A/S fans that hate Rei/Kensuke idiotism. Meaning, that you arent really fair when assuming taht all A/S fans go for Rei/Kensuke... Some think the idea being just as stupid as you do...

I could also write a fanfic about R/S fans bashing Asuka as a mad sadistic psycho as well...It happens even more often than Rei/Kensuke pairing, which I think, matches a Rei-bashing... But I do not assume that all Rei-fans see asuka as amad psycho whos only purpose is to hurt.

What i wanted to tell you - agree with you that Rei/Kensuke is one of the most distasteful things in eva-fanfics, but I would like you to stop thinking that all A/S fans would be as stupid to go for that kind of pairing...
inhiding chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
You've certainly illustrated your point loud and clear. I felt a little badly for Kensuke since its not his fault he gets used as a crappy plot device and you made him very likeable in the Notebook. Even when you take away your purpose benhind this fic though it holds up as a great darkfic.

"What's going on idiot?" Yep Shinji and Asuka are really balance each other perfectly; they're destined for each other. Sarcasm aside that's topic for another fic but I really hate relationship where one person treats the other like crap.
Ai Zhao Dao chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
OH DEAR LORD! MY EYES! MY EYES! Ew... I can't think of anything that was as painful to read as this. No, not that it was bad but the Rei/Ke... KENS... i can't even type it. Oh my gosh, I almost acutally puked... and I haven't puked since I was 7. You're a very convincing writer when it comes to proving you're point, I'll say that... I'll make sure not to read anymore Rei/K... stuff... Urk..
SpikeyKun chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Hmm... I'm wondering what it is that drew Rei to something like arson as opposed to other methods... It's also interesting that she decided to take Kensuke down with her... Rei's emotive responses in canon usually seem pretty simplistic, (I'm actually reminded a bit of Kaworu's declaration of love towards Shinji, rather blunt, and bypassing a lot of the conflicting and often contradictory feelings exhibited by the other characters) and it kinda gets separated into three categories...

Things she likes - Shinji, Gendo before Rei I

Things she ignores or are neutral to - Asuka, Eva, school... a lot of things... XD

And Things she dislikes - The color red, meat, Gendo after she 'dies'.

The most amount of anger she's ever exhibited was in observing Gendo's glasses as Rei I, (she squeezes it in a violent fashion) which kinda reflects her feelings. That she'd resort to drugging Kensuke so he wouldn't escape the arson seems to reflect just how much she must really hate Kensuke after 13 years with him.

Hehe... very interesting!
94saturn chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
LOL!

That was pretty good, a little drastic perhaps. But I can’t remember laughing that hard in quite some time. You have cemented my belief that you are not a Kensuke / Rei fan.

I personally am not a Shinji / Asuka fan but don’t have any problem with it. I wonder though. Why does Rei have to be cold and alone? It’s not her fault that she has a clone body with a conciseness impressed on it. I don’t buy the argument that she is related to Shinji either. When Yui’s body was incorporated into unit one the only thing left of her would have been a few strands in her hairbrush. That would be enough to create organs; skin is an organ by the way, to make a body. But she is an individual with her own personality and did not spring forth to life through Yui Ikari’s birth canal, there for she is no more related to Shinji or Gendo than the rest of the human race. If the bible is to believed we all came from Adam and Eve, which makes the entire human race an incestuous creation.

Rei Ayanami is by far my favorite character in NGE and I accept that there are differing views on pairings, so I ask that both the author and fans don’t take my remarks as inflammatory, there not intended to be. I think Rei deserves a fair chance at happiness that after all is what Yui wanted for her son Shinji, it’s the right thing to do.

Start your outline for Asuka / Kaoru because I’m not backing down! On the other hand you could come up with someone that you feel comfortable with for Rei to fall in love with and I would dearly love to read that.

DC (AKA 94saturn)
Cthreen chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Good point. The primary reason that Rei and Kensuke are paired up is that it makes a nice three pairs for the six children (not including Kaworu of course, but he's a character in conflict anyways.) SAers overlook the fact that Rei and Kensuke don't have any connection whatsoever. If anything, Kensuke has more of a connection ot Asuka (in the manga, at least.)
Occupational Hazard chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Nice little rant and great oneshot. I'm probably going to be checking out your other work now.

- Kuso, How Mendokuse -
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Thank you. Oi, I thought nobody was going to address this issue. Nice to see that you aren't dead, too.