Reviews for rusted and weathered
Creative Spark chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Hey there,

Love this fic. It's quite despressing in a happy way. I love bonding moments, I really do. :D

-Spark
Dirtberry chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
I have only one word to breathe out before it gets caught up in my throat. Okay, here it goes:

Aw.

There, I feel better. I've been holding it back within me way too long in the entire span of reading this fic. It was really, really heartwarming, fitting in very appropriately to the whole winter context in your fic. I love gen fics like this - pointless, plotless - but just enough to make you cuddle up and get cosy before the computer screen. grins. And it's seldom one chances upon a fic featuring our favorite spiky hero and nanaki, eh? I loved how you started off with the fic describing our lovable moronic hero. "impromptu-leader status; a persistent lack of gil" - very nicely done. Those made me laugh a little to myself whilst reading this in the middle of the night where I am. You're right, it somehow never really occurred to me, but Cloud does seem to look more like an impromptu-leader in the most inopportune circumstances, ne? p but maybe that's why we all love him anyway. i do so, too! (fangirl grins) And "Cloud is also fucking tired of innkeepers telling them that Nanaki can't sleep inside" made my day as well, and I couldn't help grinning like an idiot that I was thinking about how each time when I was ploughing through the game, my favorite hero had to deal with those fussy innkeepers. hee.

XD this made an awesome read. keep the gen stuff coming, yeah? going onto my favorites, doubtless.
BlackLightning42 chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
This is wonderful (like everything else you write! ) I love how you've pointed out, without focusing on, a lot of tiny elements in the characters and the situation that most people just overlook for the sake of convenience. It's great how you can write a sort of sad/serious story, and still word things in a humorous sort of way. I actually laughed out loud at the first mention of Red & inkeepers ;; Then felt bad about it afterwards, but anyway... awesome story, it's really sweet
Pied Flycatcher chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
I like this. I like this a lot. There's something about the style which is very appealing. It's succinct but you manage to deliver a lot in a few words. Just a tiny inconsistency - I'm not sure why you call him Red XI at one point when everywhere else in the story you stick to Nanaki. But really great job, a pleasure to read. :)
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Ah, this is kind of bitter and sweet and funny. I like it. Poor Nanaki! I imagine they wouldn't let him sleep inside. Then again, I'm surprised they let a guy with a big fricking sword and a scary dude in a cape and claw sleep anywhere on the premises.

I like the beginning about physical, mental, and emotional health of the group. Namely the hairy greasy business. I don't think they took too many showers. I also liked the business about Cloud being needed by people he doesn't really know. I guess all the characters suffer that sort of thing. Anyway, this is different from what I usually see on and I enjoyed it greatly. Thanks for writing it.