Reviews for Genesis
sunamikei chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Great story. I love your writting style.
shoutgraffiti chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
Mm, my favorite thing about this fic, amongst the many, is the feel of it. It reminds me of something biblical, because of the themes of creation and faith that run through it; and also the style you wrote it in is really clean in that way. Words like "fate" and "sovereignty" and "ancestral" and "inheritance" and "promised land" all give this a royal, rich quality to it, ordained and meant-to-be.

I also love that this is from Nidaime's point of view. Nidaime just doesn't get enough love! And his respect and love for Shodaime is palpable in this; his praise of Shodaime's intelligence and skills, and this line:

"I might have been the only one who knew how long he’d trained as a young boy to blend the elements of chakra he possessed until he was exhausted and weak, smiling even as he slept and recovered, and then did it all again"

really, really work to up his ninjosity.

There are so many pretty metaphors here too: "It was a sound like rolling thunder as the earth trembled and a forest burst forth. The dun of the naked ground was clothed with the calligraphy of trunks and branches, a whirlpool of bark and knobby limbs across that great, vast space"

and

"Heat and wind and life enveloped us and flowed outward, the landscape below blooming in the pale greens of new leaves and tender sprigs of plants and grass, ferns and foliage and the lushness born from a great dream"

are especially powerful, because this is how Konoha was made: beautifully, and out of love and comradeship and friendship and respect... Love it.
Storm11 chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
I love this.

It's so pretty. This is like Naruto mythology or folklore.

Really inspiring imagery, I can actually imagine that this is how Konoha came into being.

Great job and congratulations on something totally unique!
Kikiko chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
what an awsome vision of how Konoha came to be. there is so little mentioned in the anime about this time that it's really neat to think about what drove the first and second hokage's to make the village!

I really liked imagining them standing on the untouched cliff face changing the land to suit their purposes!

I liked it alot, very good XD

kiki
Ryo Toya chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Oh wow. I mean wow! What an amazing story! You could feel the determination, strength and hope the two soon-to-be Hokages had during this whole journey you just recounted. And the creation of the site for the village? Stunning. I especially like the last sentence. Such a perfect ending note to the entire story. I absolutely love it. Excellent work.
lilworros chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
wow. that was great.. i love the indepth descriptions of everything to the traveling to the brother's genius to the creation of Konoha..i really enjoyed your writing style
Pluma Desatada chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
*wipes tear off her eye*

Wow, that was simply beautiful. and inspiring, oh yeah, that too.

if it isn't too much to ask... could you continue it? create the whole history if konoha as it grows? until the day when the Third becomes hokage, or better yet, until kyuubi atacks? Oh, I know that I'm asking for a monster, but will you please consider it? You have the style for this kind of epic fic: efficient, emotive, well-worded.

please?

~calamus
gilithramaloce chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
very nice, darling. i'm glad to see you've written something!
haro-haro-chan chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
nice story!X3

i like the first and second hokage and this is the first storyu I had read of them!