Reviews for A Toast to Innocence
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
OMG that was totally awesome! I got totally choked up. EXCELLENT JOB!
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
It's not even Christmas, but I still loved this story. Thanks for writing!

And I loved the A Christmas Story reference! :)
jensengirl4eva chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Aw that was great...
Rat chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Cute story. I enjoyed it
Blitz-Sora chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
D'aw, very sweet. Got all teary-eyed, too. )
funkyspunk chapter 1 . 7/13/2007

aww awesome fic! I always have such a soft spot for Sam/Jess moments!

Great job!
magicsunbeam chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
Wow, JJ! What a really good job. I really enjoyed that. Thanx.

Tyranusfan chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
I liked this. It was sweet without being too sweet.

One thing I would say, in all fairness, is that the tenses get confused at the last segment (24th year)...other than that, it's very, very good!

I wish they would do a Christmas episode.
SweetJubilee chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
A toast to JJ!

I raise my glass to you.

This fic was amazing. Full of Winchester memories and just the right amount of angst to ensure its reader happy ending.

Practically perfect in every way. (Now what movie is THAT from?)
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Okay I think I melted into a puddle by the end of this story, after seeing a variety of different Christmas scenes through Sam's eyes over the years. Loved how you linked the past to the present, from cookies and decorations, to bittersweet memories that his favourite Christmas as child was in a hospital, offering up to his 8 year old eyes a true shot of what Christmas must be like. It was that link that Dean finally connected with, seeing the how his brother found comfort in A & E on Christmas Eve, and acting on that the next year when he gives Sam the perfect Xmas present, a glass angel to keep the good memories alive. And to keep hope afloat. Beautiful story.
Annonie chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Aw! That was so cute! What a perfect christmas present. I love how Sam makes them go to the ER for christmas. Thank you for sharing it with us.
stealthyone chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Nice story. :) It left me with a warm fuzzy. :)

Favorite lines:

“’Kay!” The eight-year-old bounded over to the refreshments, eying the assortment of goodies. “Dean look, they gots chocolate chip!”

Aww, wee!Sammy is too cute!

fireplace to reminisce and enjoy each other’s company.

Sam had never felt more out of place in his life.

Oh, *Sam.* Poor guy. It makes total sense that he’d be overwhelmed by something so different than what he’s used to.

They finish the pizza and chocolate chip cookies talking about everything and nothing and they take a drink whenever the little blonde boy says he wants a BB gun for Christmas.

I so love that they use this movie for a drinking game. *g*
Refur chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Oh, I love this! I love the threads you have running through - the cookies and the angel, the things that remind Sam of the best Christmas moments he ever had. I love the moment in the hospital when Dean realises what's going on (and maybe even Sam himself doesn't realise) and I *love* that the next year he gets Sam both the things he wants (and it makes me cry a little that they're such little things but they make him so happy). The tense shift in the final section is great too.

Um, what else? OH, I adored that, for all his desperation for a normal life, Sam can't really cope with a normal Christmas - it makes the Christmas with Dean at 24 that much more poignant. Also, a little thing, that you gave Jess her own memories to be thinking of, instead of just making her an add-on to Sam.

I love these Secret Santa fics, they're so cool. Congrats, and happy Christmas!
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Wow! What a great fic. I love the slice of Christmas through the years. And isn't just like Dean to remember something Sam said a year ago and suprise him with something when he really needs it?

And I love the note you ended on..."They are far from there, but together, there is hope." So very true.

Happy Holidays! And thanks for the great fic :)
Ibelieveinsam chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
This was just beautiful Jaclyn. I loved getting a glimpse of how Sam and Dean spent their past Christmases. It's something I have thought about. Poor Sam's best Christmas was in a hospital. That's so sad, but at the same time it's nice to see he enjoyed himself. I felt so bad for him wanting to go to the hospital to have a Christmas like that again.

I loved how Sam and Dean were watching "A Christmas Story" too. My holidays just aren't complete without watching that movie at least ten times. I know what movie you are referring to as well. It's "Noel" I think. In that movie, a man had his best Christmas when he broke his arm. He then pays someone to break his arm so he can try to recreate that great Christmas he had. Do I get extra marshmallows now? LOL.