Reviews for Sweeten This Hand
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
A great story. I liked the part where Yelina was taking care of Horatio after Speed died.
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
A cute, intimant moment between two people who are insanely attracted to one another. Nice work!
mystry writer chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
THANK YOU! I watched that episode and said "they just can't have him put that guy in the car like that and walk away from yelina like that! What is their problem!" I totally agree that there should have been another scene after that and I like what you wrote! Keep writing!
CSIFiona chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
I'm not the only HY fan left on this earth!
Vashti chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
I'll start this off by saying that I'm not a CSI fan (I'm not anti either, but I don't watch the show(s)), and so would have appreciated this story more if I was a fan. That out of the way, this was good. The beginning was a bit confusing - I think b/c I don't watch CSI and things were going over my head - but as it went on there was definitely a building sense of tension and anticipation as the story went along.

On the constructive side: You have some lingering grammar issues, particularly misuse of semi-colons (though since most ppl do you'd think they'd just ban the things)and run-ons particularly. Nothing serious, but they are there. Um...watch out for the flowery language. You're so straightforward and plainspoken for the most part that when I got down to "appendage" at the end it stuck out in a not-good way.

Overall, however, it was a happy read. I'm interested to know what else happens, always a good sign.
Caramelchan chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Yay HY, a dying breed!
Rainbow Stevie chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Ah. Satisfying. T'is rare that anyone writes this pair; rarer still that they write them decently. Can I look forward to future stories? Anyway, very nice fleshing out of the scene. I liked the details about the blood drying on his skin, how Speed's death was pointless, and the cloth turning from white to pink. I think you captured the tone of Horatio's helplessness/frustration/uncharacteristic moment of anger and conveyed it well. I'm also just grinning madly at Yelina's role in this. Such a simple gesture, but so meaningful. I love the ending. Great job. (oh - I like your title, too. Very poetic.)
OLB chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
YAY! I really like it! It came out really well.

Umh... you put up with MY psychotic-ness to my friend! :duck:

Thanks for asking me to help. I really appreciate it. I'm glad that I could lend a hand after all of the editing you've done for me.