Reviews for As Lovers Go
nice! :D love this!
limonium chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
i am weeping thank god for your writing
bless your heart and soul
And Then What chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Beautiful, well-paced story. I love this pairing and your story captures the beauty of it.
halas chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Never seen Samurai Champloo but your writing still makes them larger than life. A very real and very cute love story..
-Halas
Valentine03 chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Very cute :)
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Really really heart this piece. Fuu's voice is realistic and keen (and I like her parenthetical asides). Basically, Fuu, Jin and Mugen are exactly themselves. :)

I adore JinxFuu. I can't understand why they don't get more love! (BTW, if you haven't read Nenju by 3Jane, do so. It is very fine.)
Jhay chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
I found this story to be incredibly sweet. I love their married life (especially the part with Fuu's shoe in the tree...did she get mad a bird maybe _ )
Zwei Shonagon chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Beautiful writing, beautiful story. This is one of those few pieces of writing where I really luxriated over every word.

I noticed a lot of stylistic repetition, and while some parts of it were delightful, I felt some of the repetition was overused. Some of the sentences also felt a bit awkward, but it seemed to come together in the end.

I really loved this, and I really look forward to reading more of your writing, regardless of which fandom.

-aixyutin
superfrogsavestokyo chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
This was beautifully written, as are all your fics. I just wanted to leave a review because I don't think I have already. Bravo. (:
Blinded chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
So gorgeous and breathtaking.

(and I just got the feeling this is my second time reviewing this story. But ah well, it's worth it!)

I think I love how in-character this is, and their conversations, and the progression of their imperfect love story.

I also find it intriguing that Mugen was always there and told Fuu so, but it was Jin's unspoken commitment to Fuu that brought them together in the end. An insightful, intriguing concept!

Thanks for this.
Back Burner chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Sugary-sweet in a crisp, autumn way. If that makes sense. ;) Great! SC needs more Jin/Fuu
Seras0Victoria chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
this is long form poetry if i've every read one. it was a beautiful and touching read, simplistic in its style but unique as well. i could never write this way...the style eludes me but you have used it to weave such a lovely tapestry of our trio. i can't make head nor tails of it but it just works and i can only appreciate it and bow to your mastery of language and structure and stylistic writing.

thank you for this. it's a loving tribute to jin and fuu who should see more love on this site. specifically, this story's jin is the jin of my heart who speaks little but does much in every important way possible. i fell in love with him again after reading this. hats off to you.
Wai-Jing Waraugh chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
I don't really know how the series ended, but I like this ending.

Niggles:

I don't think the Japanese back then swore to 'Kami-sama', since they believed in either Buddha, or a pantheon of Shinto gods, and 'Krishitans' were very rare back then.

I don't think they had pillows, either.

Those points aside, though, I like this very much. It is understated, and avoids the normal cliches. It isn't the whirlwind-romance-of-the-century, it's understated, which makes it somehow all the more real. It suits Jin, really. And who wouldn't prefer that over Mugen any day?
Isha-libran chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Aw. ) I wish you could see the smile on my face right now, I'm just so so...delighted with your version of Jin and Fuu's story. Loved it, the story gently flowed and it was unhurried and right and it just *fit*.

Lovely, and thanks so much for sharing this with us! )
EmaniaHilel chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Although I hate it when people do this to me, I really have nothing productive to say about your fic and am reviewing only to let you know that I (a) agree with you about the necessity of good Jin/Fuu love; and (b) that I had one of those really satisfying sighs and a soft smile on my face when I finished reading this (and considering I'm at the office reading it while waiting for a boss to give me work to do and yet had this soft moment is saying something) and that when I finished reading it, the one thought in my head was, "Beautiful."

So, there you go. I hope getting a random review for a fic you wrote five years ago might in some way spur you back into the Jin/Fuu vibe and maybe inspire some new fic (although, of course, I recognize that my review is anything but inspiring).

Lovely writing, lovely grammar and style and very fitting to their characters. Great character development. And, I just need to say, when Jin answers Fuu about how much he loves her, I just melted and my heart went pitter-pat.

(there. Because I can't NOT leave something constructive...or, semi-intelligent at least)