Reviews for As Lovers Go
Lotusxdoll chapter 1 . 5/12/2020
This is so simplistic yet beautiful and well written. I loved this 'and it is enough'.
riptiderobin21 chapter 1 . 2/20/2020
I just re-watched Samurai Champloo after like more than ten years! And had the urge to revisit the fanfiction for some Jinn/Fuu goodness. I thought there would be more selection after all these years but alas there wasn't much more. So, glad I went to my favorites and found your gem of a story. It really hits the Jinn/Fuu craving in all the right places. In character, romantic, and so well written.

I hope they make a movie or something for SC, bring back life to this fandom. I liked the anime even better the second time.
BlackDove WhiteDove chapter 1 . 1/31/2019
This had such a sweet gentle warmth to it. I don’t understand how this can be as beautiful as it is, but there is no doubt in my mind that this story really was beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2017
I only review bec Mugen compels me. and who is chopping onions anyway. Rude.
andrea chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
I really loved this! I've always loved Jin (fangirl crush), and I think you did him justice. His character development was so endearing. I also enjoyed Fuu's perspective and her sort of stream of conscience observations of her two boys. You captured a lot of emotion. Very well done.
Ripeahunt chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
This was so beautifully written and evocative. I love your take on their relationship.
A fan chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
Oh my God, this is perfect in a... "I don't know" way. Fell in love with this story.

Guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2015
nice! :D love this!
limonium chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
i am weeping thank god for your writing
bless your heart and soul
And Then What chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Beautiful, well-paced story. I love this pairing and your story captures the beauty of it.
halas chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Never seen Samurai Champloo but your writing still makes them larger than life. A very real and very cute love story..
-Halas
Valentine03 chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Very cute :)
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Really really heart this piece. Fuu's voice is realistic and keen (and I like her parenthetical asides). Basically, Fuu, Jin and Mugen are exactly themselves. :)

I adore JinxFuu. I can't understand why they don't get more love! (BTW, if you haven't read Nenju by 3Jane, do so. It is very fine.)
Jhay chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
I found this story to be incredibly sweet. I love their married life (especially the part with Fuu's shoe in the tree...did she get mad a bird maybe _ )
Zwei Shonagon chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Beautiful writing, beautiful story. This is one of those few pieces of writing where I really luxriated over every word.

I noticed a lot of stylistic repetition, and while some parts of it were delightful, I felt some of the repetition was overused. Some of the sentences also felt a bit awkward, but it seemed to come together in the end.

I really loved this, and I really look forward to reading more of your writing, regardless of which fandom.

-aixyutin