Reviews for Dazzleland
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Dean is beginning to scare me with the way he took those kids down oh so easily and then kept going. Excellent beginning. So what's with Niagara?
adara13 chapter 3 . 1/14/2007
Wow, this is such an amazing fic. I think what I enjoy the most reading your stories is the way you write Sam and Dean's relationship. They're constantly in each other's personal space-literally and physically-in the show, and something about every conversation they reflects that in this story. It seems like Sam's trying so desperately to get something of his own and Dean just can't let go. Gaah, listen to me raving about this story. Point being, you just write the rhythm of this story amazingly, and I cannot wait to find out what happens next!
sugarquill4ron chapter 3 . 1/14/2007
LOVED it. every chapter is long and just full of story and i truly appreciate that. Now it's almost 2am and seriously need to go back to bed. Looking forward to your next update!
chrissie0707 chapter 3 . 1/12/2007
Please excuse my tardiness.

The quiz thing was s cool. Is that a speaking from experience kinda thing? Or did you think that up yourself? I was impressed by the idea, even though if a teacher had done that to me I probably would have had a nervous breakdown.

I LUV how Sam is obsessing over what to wear. That is SO Sam.

“No.” Flat out, not even worth considering. Squash that fucking thing where it was, because he’d tried it, hadn’t he? He’d tried the outside world and it had kicked the crap out of him. Here at least he knew the rules. The rules hunters lived by were fucked, yes, and they were unfair, but he could play by them. And there was Dad and there was Sam, and that’s all he needed. - I really liked this paragraph. Nice little subtle slipping in more without really telling you kinda thing. I dunno. I like it.

Yay. I luved the chap. :) "Patiently" waiting for more.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 3 . 1/11/2007
I loved the part with Sam and the test. That was great.
historylover chapter 3 . 1/10/2007
Way cool! I like it a lot.

Not liking Billy. And, I'm very suspicious about the relationship between Sam and Ms. Simon (excuse me, Elise.)

Can't wait for chapter 4!

Kat
irismay42 chapter 3 . 1/10/2007
Sam gets a legitimate job? Surely not? Well he better not get distracted and let Dean jump into the Falls... Aw, Hurt!Dean in two time periods... And Billy is turning into a truly creepy individual... Shaping up nicely!
geminigrl11 chapter 3 . 1/10/2007
To leave you a sufficient review would be almost as long as your chapter, so I will try to hit the highlights . . . First off, your writing NEVER fails to amaze. The details about locations and occupations and the day-to-day living tasks the boys go through are rock solid every time. Doesn't feel like I'm reading fiction but more like watching real life people (lives different than mine, but still) and that is just so impressive. Fic to fic, no matter the plot, you NEVER lose that. I'm in awe.

I LOVE how you write the boys. You don't pull any punches with either of them (or John), but show their flaws and their strengths and the reasoning behind both. Neither is the perfect son. Neither is the perfect brother. Both of them have totally understandable reasons for acting as they do, even when their responses are opposite from - or even in conflict with - the other's. It makes them REAL in a way few other fics achieve. And it makes the bond between them even more tangible, because it's an honest brother-bond, which perseveres in spite of everything, rather than because it's easy.

You made me so incredibly homesick (in the best possible way) it's not even funny - and I'll be sending an email with as many details as I can remember (which will be a joy unto itself!)

Sam in the classroom, his lasting crush on his teacher, Dean with the whole Clifton Hill experience and the voices he's trying so hard to ignore . . . John's cryptic "keep Sam away from here," Toad and his understandable hero-worship . . . the only way I could love this fic more is if there was an update today. ;)
sams1ra chapter 3 . 1/10/2007
"Sam had made sighs into an art form." I do believe that… The ending was totally cute, but, you know, it… stopped. Kinda… ended? So, yeah. More now.
stjra chapter 2 . 1/10/2007
God you could just see that being their life! You did a great job of bring out the rawness, senselessness and hopelessness in Sam! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!
historylover chapter 2 . 1/9/2007
So, what happened to Dean back then? Because that doesn't seem like the type of thing that Dean would do...

It's always interesting to see how an outsider might get a glimpse of the real Winchesters. Hee hee hee. I'd be scared out of my skull.

Update soon!

Kat
Windyfontaine chapter 3 . 1/9/2007
First, ooh! Thank you for the link! I love Wikipedia, and man, that shot of the dry Falls is just creepy. Can totally understand why it might breed ghosts, lol :D Now, to backtrack, awesome chapter! Liked Sam's nervousness about his "date" with his old teacher, and hmm, Billy is hearing voices-not a good thing. And wow, I just read another comprehensive review that completely blows mine away, and I have to agree with what she says, so I'll just add that I loved this and am again amazed at all the research you manage to do for something that is supposed to be just for fun, i.e. writing. Not that I'm complaining here, love the research, it adds so much to the story. Will be looking forward to the next chapter-and yay, seven more whole ones to go! Have a good day when you get this :)
I'mcalledZorro chapter 3 . 1/8/2007
Cool chapter, what is Novels 12? Is it the equilivant of Senior Lit.?
IheartPadalecki chapter 3 . 1/8/2007
I'm switching off between reading here and reading on LJ, it's really bad and sooner or later I'm going to lose track of everything. Oh well... this is amazing. And I can't wait for more ;D And that Billy kid is still freaking me out a little...
Starliteyes17 chapter 3 . 1/8/2007
Okay, let's get one thing out of the way: if Sam Winchester was MY teacher, I'd be planning on becoming a lawyer right now. I mean, tutoring sessions? Private conferences? Mhm... :D

I am SO jealous, and of stupid, dumb, fictional highschoolers at that. I think I've reached a new low. *recalls vision of tree hugger stuck in the belly of a wolf with Dean* Oh wait, just kidding. I've been far lower then this before. ;D

Okay, I'm done with being shallow (for now)... onward to the more important aspects of this review.

I love the development that's taking place here. As I'm a highschool senior myself, I totally empathize with Sam on both the levels of homework, grades, and planning for college. It's a bitch, to put it simply. And to make it even harder, he has to deal with a family that doesn't seem to care about what he wants! *huffs* Then again, Sam's being quite the annoying bitch himself. I mean, I love the guy, but can't he cut his father a break? At the least, on Mary's death anniversary! I mean, dude what a jerk! Dean should have creamed him for that one, really.

That scene with Dean and John in the bar made me very sad. It was bittersweet, and your descriptions of John's facial expressions rang true. My father's face does the same things each year when *that day* comes around, and you hit the nail on the head, finding that balance between John putting up a front for Dean, but being unable to in light of the obvious reality of the situation the two men face. And not just as father and son, but as hunting partners and caretakers of Sam. I've always thought their relationship was probably least defined in the one or two years before Sam left, and this story deals with that very well. Amazing work, BigPink.

Billy confuses the heck out of me. I'll just leave it at that for now. :D

This chapter gave me an idea of where you're going with this, especially Sam's thought about Dean not following him EVER AGAIN. Do I see a pair of swandives in the future for our boys? Just a thought. ;D

BigPink, I LOVE this story. Your attention to detail and level of research flatten me every time. You make these stories feel real with how much realness you put into them, and not just the imagery, but with the emotion and dialogue. The whole shebang is glorious, a tour de force of the imagination, but anchored in reality. I eagerly await the next chapter.
203 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »