Reviews for Dazzleland
geminigrl11 chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
Sam is breaking my heart here . . . just breaking it in little tiny pieces. Past and present, but mostly past. As if high school wasn't bad enough under normal circumstances, and then he had to be born with that damned stubbornness that butts up against John's like rams in season. And that horrible blurred line between mad as hell, not putting up with it and PLEASE Dad, just love me for who I am, let this craziness end before one of us gets lost forever. Painful to read.

And present!Dean is barely hanging on. Bottling things up is his m.o., but it sure doesn't seem like it's helping, this time around. There are a million reasons why it makes sense that he can't talk to Sam. And yet - there's no one else to talk to. And if he doesn't bend a little, he's going to break.

Posisbly your loneliest chapter, out of any fic (that's a compliment, even while I hold my hand over my heart).

As for the setting itself: ! There aren't enough words. Bravo!
Rebel Goddess chapter 3 . 1/15/2007
Billy is one strange boy. I'd say he was scary but to be honest he's nothing on Lukas, who was very scary. More please. Great chapter. I especially liked the stuff about Niagara Falls being stopped in 1969 since I can't work out if that's going to be a complete red herring or critical to the plot. Hope you make your deadlines.
Rebel Goddess chapter 2 . 1/15/2007
Poor Toad. That final scene was thrilling. Fantastic chapter.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Dean is beginning to scare me with the way he took those kids down oh so easily and then kept going. Excellent beginning. So what's with Niagara?
adara13 chapter 3 . 1/14/2007
Wow, this is such an amazing fic. I think what I enjoy the most reading your stories is the way you write Sam and Dean's relationship. They're constantly in each other's personal space-literally and physically-in the show, and something about every conversation they reflects that in this story. It seems like Sam's trying so desperately to get something of his own and Dean just can't let go. Gaah, listen to me raving about this story. Point being, you just write the rhythm of this story amazingly, and I cannot wait to find out what happens next!
sugarquill4ron chapter 3 . 1/14/2007
LOVED it. every chapter is long and just full of story and i truly appreciate that. Now it's almost 2am and seriously need to go back to bed. Looking forward to your next update!
chrissie0707 chapter 3 . 1/12/2007
Please excuse my tardiness.

The quiz thing was s cool. Is that a speaking from experience kinda thing? Or did you think that up yourself? I was impressed by the idea, even though if a teacher had done that to me I probably would have had a nervous breakdown.

I LUV how Sam is obsessing over what to wear. That is SO Sam.

“No.” Flat out, not even worth considering. Squash that fucking thing where it was, because he’d tried it, hadn’t he? He’d tried the outside world and it had kicked the crap out of him. Here at least he knew the rules. The rules hunters lived by were fucked, yes, and they were unfair, but he could play by them. And there was Dad and there was Sam, and that’s all he needed. - I really liked this paragraph. Nice little subtle slipping in more without really telling you kinda thing. I dunno. I like it.

Yay. I luved the chap. :) "Patiently" waiting for more.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 3 . 1/11/2007
I loved the part with Sam and the test. That was great.
historylover chapter 3 . 1/10/2007
Way cool! I like it a lot.

Not liking Billy. And, I'm very suspicious about the relationship between Sam and Ms. Simon (excuse me, Elise.)

Can't wait for chapter 4!

Kat
irismay42 chapter 3 . 1/10/2007
Sam gets a legitimate job? Surely not? Well he better not get distracted and let Dean jump into the Falls... Aw, Hurt!Dean in two time periods... And Billy is turning into a truly creepy individual... Shaping up nicely!
geminigrl11 chapter 3 . 1/10/2007
To leave you a sufficient review would be almost as long as your chapter, so I will try to hit the highlights . . . First off, your writing NEVER fails to amaze. The details about locations and occupations and the day-to-day living tasks the boys go through are rock solid every time. Doesn't feel like I'm reading fiction but more like watching real life people (lives different than mine, but still) and that is just so impressive. Fic to fic, no matter the plot, you NEVER lose that. I'm in awe.

I LOVE how you write the boys. You don't pull any punches with either of them (or John), but show their flaws and their strengths and the reasoning behind both. Neither is the perfect son. Neither is the perfect brother. Both of them have totally understandable reasons for acting as they do, even when their responses are opposite from - or even in conflict with - the other's. It makes them REAL in a way few other fics achieve. And it makes the bond between them even more tangible, because it's an honest brother-bond, which perseveres in spite of everything, rather than because it's easy.

You made me so incredibly homesick (in the best possible way) it's not even funny - and I'll be sending an email with as many details as I can remember (which will be a joy unto itself!)

Sam in the classroom, his lasting crush on his teacher, Dean with the whole Clifton Hill experience and the voices he's trying so hard to ignore . . . John's cryptic "keep Sam away from here," Toad and his understandable hero-worship . . . the only way I could love this fic more is if there was an update today. ;)
sams1ra chapter 3 . 1/10/2007
"Sam had made sighs into an art form." I do believe that… The ending was totally cute, but, you know, it… stopped. Kinda… ended? So, yeah. More now.
stjra chapter 2 . 1/10/2007
God you could just see that being their life! You did a great job of bring out the rawness, senselessness and hopelessness in Sam! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!
historylover chapter 2 . 1/9/2007
So, what happened to Dean back then? Because that doesn't seem like the type of thing that Dean would do...

It's always interesting to see how an outsider might get a glimpse of the real Winchesters. Hee hee hee. I'd be scared out of my skull.

Update soon!

Kat
Windyfontaine chapter 3 . 1/9/2007
First, ooh! Thank you for the link! I love Wikipedia, and man, that shot of the dry Falls is just creepy. Can totally understand why it might breed ghosts, lol :D Now, to backtrack, awesome chapter! Liked Sam's nervousness about his "date" with his old teacher, and hmm, Billy is hearing voices-not a good thing. And wow, I just read another comprehensive review that completely blows mine away, and I have to agree with what she says, so I'll just add that I loved this and am again amazed at all the research you manage to do for something that is supposed to be just for fun, i.e. writing. Not that I'm complaining here, love the research, it adds so much to the story. Will be looking forward to the next chapter-and yay, seven more whole ones to go! Have a good day when you get this :)
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »