Reviews for Dazzleland
IheartPadalecki chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
I really really really can't wait for more ;D This has gotten so good!
Psychee chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
I have found that it is not often that I find a story that is technically well written, has an engrossing story line and good characterization. This story, and your previous one-Red, is everything that I could hope for in a good SPN fanfiction. Thank you for the obvious care you have taken and the pleasure it is affording me.
Poppyflake chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
I love your stories. I really like the way you mix the past and present without things becoming confusing and the actual tale is complex but not complicated. Very good chapter and I look forward to the rest.
irismay42 chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
Well, I was half expecting Billy to turn out to be one of the Special Kids, but I really wasn't expecting that particular gift. Very nice twist, especially as he doesn't seem to be able to hear Sam's thoughts.

Loved the part with Dean in the library, all off balance until Sam called him. I think you did an amazing job of conveying his sense of loneliness and grief in this chapter.

Just keeps getting better.
sugarquill4ron chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
LOVED it! i like how you justified both dean's and sam's povs of what it looked like back then in 20. I especially love how to Sam, the SATs are fun stuff, it made me understand him even more. And Dean's angst of the promise his dad made him keep was great. I wonder what it was that happened back then that still haunts him now. Something went wrong and i'd like the full story. And i love how it's like we're getting 2 fics in this one...from the flashback and the present. This was a great read, looking forward to the next update :D
Starliteyes17 chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
Oh man, this story is really starting to intrigue me - it has so many layers.

The 20 Sam'n'Elise have budding chemistry in their understanding of one another. It's so neat to see it develop, and then jump ahead 6 years to the present and see how wherever it left off at (something platonic, I'm sure, but still a basis) is picked up again. I'm glad Sam has someone to talk to. I wish Dean did too.

So Billy is one of "them"? His friend has glowing eyes, and he has abilities, and his mother is dead, and he seems a tad bit evil.. this is adding up to look like he's one of the demon's psychics. Somehow that feels a little to simple for your ingenius plotting, though. So I'm holding back on that theory and waiting to see where you take him. He still confuses me, either way. ;D

Poor Dean. Man, that guy has every right to hate his father, for what he did to him in life and with his death. I don't blame Dean for being a little pissed, though I do wish he'd have some "healthier" reactions. Though, as evidenced by the episode last night, healthy reactions just aren't Dean's thing. ;D Still, though, he's messed up pretty badly, and I really wish he'd talk to Sam. These boys are so stubborn and frustrating! Ugh!

Can't wait to see what happens next. You're giving us so many clues from the 2006 sections as to what happened in 20, but somehow I just can't seem to put them all together. I can sense them, but they don't make sense, if you know what I mean. But that's okay, 'cause I don't mind being out of the loop - it makes the big reveals just that much more exciting.

Great chapter as usual. Each one is like a mini story all on it's own. I love reading them. Thanks for sharing, BigPink!
nolongeractivedfgdfgd chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
This. was. so. GOOD! I love this story, it gets better and more intriguing with each chapter. It's just the type of story you can't stop reading and you have to read a few times just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Your style of writing is amazing. You're so talented.

Love,

~SS29~
rodevo chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
Among the (many) things I love is the way that you portray Dean as a hunter in 20 and Dean as breaking in 2006. They're both in character and yet both markedly different from each other. 2006 Dean is so tired and lost and stuck and it makes perfect sense to me that he swings from not caring to beating the crap out of things to wandering too close to the edge.

And I love this: "Dean never argued with John, not like Sam did. Dean had more covert ways of disagreeing. Usually, if he was going to be contrary, Dean just pretended that John had told him whatever it was he wanted to hear." because, yes, that's exactly what Dean does...still today. Perfect.

*So* good! Looking forward to the next.
geminigrl11 chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
Sam is breaking my heart here . . . just breaking it in little tiny pieces. Past and present, but mostly past. As if high school wasn't bad enough under normal circumstances, and then he had to be born with that damned stubbornness that butts up against John's like rams in season. And that horrible blurred line between mad as hell, not putting up with it and PLEASE Dad, just love me for who I am, let this craziness end before one of us gets lost forever. Painful to read.

And present!Dean is barely hanging on. Bottling things up is his m.o., but it sure doesn't seem like it's helping, this time around. There are a million reasons why it makes sense that he can't talk to Sam. And yet - there's no one else to talk to. And if he doesn't bend a little, he's going to break.

Posisbly your loneliest chapter, out of any fic (that's a compliment, even while I hold my hand over my heart).

As for the setting itself: ! There aren't enough words. Bravo!
Rebel Goddess chapter 3 . 1/15/2007
Billy is one strange boy. I'd say he was scary but to be honest he's nothing on Lukas, who was very scary. More please. Great chapter. I especially liked the stuff about Niagara Falls being stopped in 1969 since I can't work out if that's going to be a complete red herring or critical to the plot. Hope you make your deadlines.
Rebel Goddess chapter 2 . 1/15/2007
Poor Toad. That final scene was thrilling. Fantastic chapter.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Dean is beginning to scare me with the way he took those kids down oh so easily and then kept going. Excellent beginning. So what's with Niagara?
adara13 chapter 3 . 1/14/2007
Wow, this is such an amazing fic. I think what I enjoy the most reading your stories is the way you write Sam and Dean's relationship. They're constantly in each other's personal space-literally and physically-in the show, and something about every conversation they reflects that in this story. It seems like Sam's trying so desperately to get something of his own and Dean just can't let go. Gaah, listen to me raving about this story. Point being, you just write the rhythm of this story amazingly, and I cannot wait to find out what happens next!
sugarquill4ron chapter 3 . 1/14/2007
LOVED it. every chapter is long and just full of story and i truly appreciate that. Now it's almost 2am and seriously need to go back to bed. Looking forward to your next update!
chrissie0707 chapter 3 . 1/12/2007
Please excuse my tardiness.

The quiz thing was s cool. Is that a speaking from experience kinda thing? Or did you think that up yourself? I was impressed by the idea, even though if a teacher had done that to me I probably would have had a nervous breakdown.

I LUV how Sam is obsessing over what to wear. That is SO Sam.

“No.” Flat out, not even worth considering. Squash that fucking thing where it was, because he’d tried it, hadn’t he? He’d tried the outside world and it had kicked the crap out of him. Here at least he knew the rules. The rules hunters lived by were fucked, yes, and they were unfair, but he could play by them. And there was Dad and there was Sam, and that’s all he needed. - I really liked this paragraph. Nice little subtle slipping in more without really telling you kinda thing. I dunno. I like it.

Yay. I luved the chap. :) "Patiently" waiting for more.
214 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »