Reviews for Dazzleland
EagleGirl6 chapter 3 . 1/21/2007
Great chapter, as usual. Here's some stuff I liked.

Not only is he self-conscious about his family, he's got the regular teenage stuff too, poor sam:

It was the one class where he wouldn’t have minded being nearer the front, but he was always aware of how he blocked everyone else’s view, even when he hunched over.

Hehe, Little Sam's still got a crush on his teacher, so cute:

A complete inability in deciding what to wear.

You've got the teenage crap so perfect! The whole sighing and moaning stuff:

Sam had been a pissy little bitch all afternoon...

Very interesting that you had them starting Lord of the flies right after the little experiment on teamwork/leadership amongst the children...

I'm latching onto this juicy little tidbit, for either later in this story or another one I hope?

Flat out, not even worth considering. Squash that fucking thing where it was, because he’d tried it, hadn’t he? He’d tried the outside world and it had kicked the crap out of him.

I really like how you put this sentence together:

Worse was possible from a drunk John than loudly talking about ghosts.

Wow, Dean feels and hears the ghosts' influence so much? This is very ... alarming:

Down by the Falls, he heard the ghosts all the time, felt like telling them to shut the fuck up, it was like a continuous party in the next room; he was almost growing used to their racket. If he concentrated, he could keep a level head. But if he got distracted, even for a minute? He couldn’t hear the calls now, the ghosts were too far away, but he felt the pull.

This is so funny! Helps remind the reader that though Sam is almost grown, he's not all grown:

That’s what Sam did, anyway, and Dean grabbed him by the collar of his coat, stared at him like he was a lunatic. “Jesus, don’t put your head in there. What are you, five?”

I love how Dean is so happy about Sam being happy. I enjoyed reading this section:

But this wasn’t taking him to the Falls, really. This was just…fun.

Very creepy, Dean's reaction to the dry falls. Can't wait to read more:)

Kelly
historylover chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
Can't wait til chapter 5! Love it!

Kat
IheartPadalecki chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
I really really really can't wait for more ;D This has gotten so good!
Psychee chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
I have found that it is not often that I find a story that is technically well written, has an engrossing story line and good characterization. This story, and your previous one-Red, is everything that I could hope for in a good SPN fanfiction. Thank you for the obvious care you have taken and the pleasure it is affording me.
Poppyflake chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
I love your stories. I really like the way you mix the past and present without things becoming confusing and the actual tale is complex but not complicated. Very good chapter and I look forward to the rest.
irismay42 chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
Well, I was half expecting Billy to turn out to be one of the Special Kids, but I really wasn't expecting that particular gift. Very nice twist, especially as he doesn't seem to be able to hear Sam's thoughts.

Loved the part with Dean in the library, all off balance until Sam called him. I think you did an amazing job of conveying his sense of loneliness and grief in this chapter.

Just keeps getting better.
sugarquill4ron chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
LOVED it! i like how you justified both dean's and sam's povs of what it looked like back then in 20. I especially love how to Sam, the SATs are fun stuff, it made me understand him even more. And Dean's angst of the promise his dad made him keep was great. I wonder what it was that happened back then that still haunts him now. Something went wrong and i'd like the full story. And i love how it's like we're getting 2 fics in this one...from the flashback and the present. This was a great read, looking forward to the next update :D
Starliteyes17 chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
Oh man, this story is really starting to intrigue me - it has so many layers.

The 20 Sam'n'Elise have budding chemistry in their understanding of one another. It's so neat to see it develop, and then jump ahead 6 years to the present and see how wherever it left off at (something platonic, I'm sure, but still a basis) is picked up again. I'm glad Sam has someone to talk to. I wish Dean did too.

So Billy is one of "them"? His friend has glowing eyes, and he has abilities, and his mother is dead, and he seems a tad bit evil.. this is adding up to look like he's one of the demon's psychics. Somehow that feels a little to simple for your ingenius plotting, though. So I'm holding back on that theory and waiting to see where you take him. He still confuses me, either way. ;D

Poor Dean. Man, that guy has every right to hate his father, for what he did to him in life and with his death. I don't blame Dean for being a little pissed, though I do wish he'd have some "healthier" reactions. Though, as evidenced by the episode last night, healthy reactions just aren't Dean's thing. ;D Still, though, he's messed up pretty badly, and I really wish he'd talk to Sam. These boys are so stubborn and frustrating! Ugh!

Can't wait to see what happens next. You're giving us so many clues from the 2006 sections as to what happened in 20, but somehow I just can't seem to put them all together. I can sense them, but they don't make sense, if you know what I mean. But that's okay, 'cause I don't mind being out of the loop - it makes the big reveals just that much more exciting.

Great chapter as usual. Each one is like a mini story all on it's own. I love reading them. Thanks for sharing, BigPink!
nolongeractivedfgdfgd chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
This. was. so. GOOD! I love this story, it gets better and more intriguing with each chapter. It's just the type of story you can't stop reading and you have to read a few times just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Your style of writing is amazing. You're so talented.

Love,

~SS29~
rodevo chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
Among the (many) things I love is the way that you portray Dean as a hunter in 20 and Dean as breaking in 2006. They're both in character and yet both markedly different from each other. 2006 Dean is so tired and lost and stuck and it makes perfect sense to me that he swings from not caring to beating the crap out of things to wandering too close to the edge.

And I love this: "Dean never argued with John, not like Sam did. Dean had more covert ways of disagreeing. Usually, if he was going to be contrary, Dean just pretended that John had told him whatever it was he wanted to hear." because, yes, that's exactly what Dean does...still today. Perfect.

*So* good! Looking forward to the next.
geminigrl11 chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
Sam is breaking my heart here . . . just breaking it in little tiny pieces. Past and present, but mostly past. As if high school wasn't bad enough under normal circumstances, and then he had to be born with that damned stubbornness that butts up against John's like rams in season. And that horrible blurred line between mad as hell, not putting up with it and PLEASE Dad, just love me for who I am, let this craziness end before one of us gets lost forever. Painful to read.

And present!Dean is barely hanging on. Bottling things up is his m.o., but it sure doesn't seem like it's helping, this time around. There are a million reasons why it makes sense that he can't talk to Sam. And yet - there's no one else to talk to. And if he doesn't bend a little, he's going to break.

Posisbly your loneliest chapter, out of any fic (that's a compliment, even while I hold my hand over my heart).

As for the setting itself: ! There aren't enough words. Bravo!
Rebel Goddess chapter 3 . 1/15/2007
Billy is one strange boy. I'd say he was scary but to be honest he's nothing on Lukas, who was very scary. More please. Great chapter. I especially liked the stuff about Niagara Falls being stopped in 1969 since I can't work out if that's going to be a complete red herring or critical to the plot. Hope you make your deadlines.
Rebel Goddess chapter 2 . 1/15/2007
Poor Toad. That final scene was thrilling. Fantastic chapter.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Dean is beginning to scare me with the way he took those kids down oh so easily and then kept going. Excellent beginning. So what's with Niagara?
adara13 chapter 3 . 1/14/2007
Wow, this is such an amazing fic. I think what I enjoy the most reading your stories is the way you write Sam and Dean's relationship. They're constantly in each other's personal space-literally and physically-in the show, and something about every conversation they reflects that in this story. It seems like Sam's trying so desperately to get something of his own and Dean just can't let go. Gaah, listen to me raving about this story. Point being, you just write the rhythm of this story amazingly, and I cannot wait to find out what happens next!
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »