Reviews for Dazzleland
Double Vision chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Interesting so far. Looking forward to read more :- ) Please update soon!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Hooray! More angst-filled Winchester flashbacks! Ooh, you know how to make a girl's Christmas, don't you? The description of Sam in high school - how he sees himself as something that just gets dragged around in John's wake - was just heart-breaking, and I've got to admit that, being something of a Dean obsessive, I'd never really thought about Sam's experience and how painful and difficult it must have been for him to be able to see others living the life he wanted to live, but never thinking he'd be able to live it himself.

Oh, and the chocolate milk was a nice touch too!

Bring on the Niagara angst!
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 12/22/2006

You have no idea how excited I was when I saw this. Oh man, I can't wait to see what happened in Niagara back in 20. You got me hooked, BigPink. Though I do shudder at the thought that it'll be a while before this is complete. However, totally worth it because each chapter is always so FRICKIN' AWESOME!

I loved Cirque de Celine, and I loved Red, and I KNOW I'm going to love this one. 'Cause Sammy in high school is pretty much my favorite time period ever. Oh man, I cannot wait. This is like a bonus Christmas present, it is. SO EXCITED! ;D
I'mcalledZorro chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Intreasting start, can't wait for more. If you need any info about tennessee, as a native tennessean I would glad to help.
nolongeractivedfgdfgd chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
i like it keep going!
Monti chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Wow, holy cow, what a great beginning!

I'm dying to know more about Niagra Falls.

I'm curious about Dean... the beatings he gives the criminals seem a bit out of character, but at the same time I like how you indicated that even he didn't know what was going on. So I'm willing to see where it goes.

I love the imagery you use - "rocket-thin" and the group of girls who were "bright and hard as chickadees".

You're on a roll, kid - can't wait for more!
friendly chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
great start.. update soon...
TheLastPromise chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
This is so, so good. It doesn't read like a fanfic, I feel like I'm reading an actual book. I can't wait for the next update:)
rodevo chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Oh baby!

*Settling in for the ride*

I love what you've already got going in this first section, the intertwining of recent history and past history and how tired both Dean and Sam are, but how differently they respond to that tiredness. I also love the way you highlight how different they are as men and how that reflects in what they do.

And Dean's response at the convenience store-calm in the face of guns-is just right because it's both the calm of far greater experience than anyone else in that space and the bone deep existential calm of tiredness beyond reason.

Can't wait for more!

Capt.Cow chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
I'm intrigued! Can't wait to find out what happens!
chrissie0707 chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Sheesh, woman. You write like a mofo. Like, fast, and yeah. I was just thinking to myself that I had nothing to do on this bright, sunny afternoon, and then there was an alert and I was like "yay". But in that nice, quiet, in my head and definitely not talking to myself kinda way.

What I love so much about your writing is all of the little asides, and the thoughts. It all seems really real to me, because we're all thinking all the time, and making comparisons, and all of that good stuff, and you do such great work putting as much into a sentence and a thought as can fit, and I love it.

And way to go off of an eppy. Alerting I go.
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14