Reviews for Dazzleland
merannoeu chapter 9 . 5/25/2011
Genius writing. This story cannot be read in a rushed way because one would miss all the poetic language. Case in point:

"Sam had a smile big as the state of Texas, and he could make you feel like a million bucks with it, or use it to club you senseless. He wielded it now, bitter and huge and it brought John's sudden forward movement to a halt."

I cry all the times Dean and Sam part ways and parts of this have me going through a box of tissues. I am sure Sam going to Stanford was more than John saying, "if you leave now, don't come back" and you capture the emotions so well. It helps me cope knowing that they join up later on. But then again, there's the season 5 finale which threw me for a loop. But then season 6 comes and they're together again but then Sam is not the same, neither is Dean and I compare season 6 to season one and I start crying all over again. Enough of my dramatics.

I love this wonderful story. No complaints whatsoever. Good luck with wherever your other writing is taking you. Hope to see more SPN stories some day.
Lilly Emerald chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
finally, finally getting round to reading this story after a long time of having it sitting in my fav list. The title and the summary caught my eye but fics with long chapters I always put off reading for a while...this first chapter took me a long time to read and I think it will have to be a chapter a day or something lol. Anyway it was worth the read...am very interested to know what happened in Niagra falls and I love the way you write. Will read more soon!
Haylia Jones chapter 10 . 9/13/2010
Excellent work. I enjoyed it very much.
Ingu chapter 10 . 1/4/2010
Hey there.

I finished this story a few days ago, stayed up until three in the morning reading it because I simply couldn't bring myself to stop. And I absolutely have to tell you how amazing this was to read. I especially loved your characterisation, the way you made each Winchester so very human, with their own flaws, strengths and well-kept secrets. Your original characters were all fantastic, fleshed-out, real and so very believable. They are probably the most in character Winchesters I have ever read in the time I've spent in this fandom. I loved Toad, Elise, the sociopathic Billy and even the brainless goon Marcus because they all just seemed so real. The way you interwove the backstory was absolutely beautiful, at the ending of each story, I found myself feeling warm, contented, understanding and satisfied, a feeling that is incredibly rare to find at the end of a fanfic.

Your writing style is also so natural and beautiful, and I have to say you have an amazing way of painting pictures with your words. Some stories tell you what happens, some describe to you what occurs, but yours painted such a beautiful and vivid image, reading it felt more like watching a full length movie, with every sense catered for and fulfilled. I felt that this story is perfect, in every sense of the word.

I just want to sincerely thank you for creating such a beautiful world, such an amzing story with your words, and for sharing it with us. This story is now my favourite in all of fandom, your talent is amazing, and I just wanted you to know that, well, you have a new fan! D

I don't know if you're published, but hell, if anyone deserves publication it's you. I can't believe I haven't found your stories sooner, and I'm incredibly glad right now that I have. Once again. Thank you.
Marlowe97 chapter 10 . 10/29/2009
I knew it. This would be awesome, because ALL your stories are awesome. Everything, from the language to the pictures you draw in my head, to the wonderful description of the messed up minds of the Winchesters.

Your fic managed something not many stories usually manage: I felt deeply sorry for John Winchester.

His rage, his anger and his will to kill the murderer of Mary - unbelievable. And though there are a lot of stories that paint a rather likeable John, NO one had until now been able to bring this Dad Winchester to life, the one that taught his son to hate the creatures of the night, regardless of how evil they really are. YOu did that without making Dean either too sympathetic towards those, nor making him a cold-hearted bastard.

Your Dean is THE Dean. Hurt and trying to cope, desperate - the one who hears "the screaming in my head all day" and a scary, scary and dangerous hunter for it and despite it. Angry, off-kilter, FURIOUS and deadly. And scared. a skittish and wild animal - a wonderful picture. Awesome.

But you really shot the turkey with Sam.

I could throttle the prissy princess and wanna hug him (mostly throttle, though) and you make him so wonderfully angry, such a fine line between going that extra-step that Billy took and yet never going over THAT edge. And even though 2006-Sam was aware of Deans pain and cared deeply, the way you wrote 2001-Sam makes it absolutely possible, without a major brain-surgery - to become the scary, condescending Sam of season 4. Because this is such a self-centred and at the same time desperat4e kid, who only wants safety, for him and his brother. And it is just so sad - but so typical for teenagers, and you really got into his brain - that he never saw what Dean could see in his father's eyes. The fighting, the tension in the family is tangible and scares me, the fact that the whole family only functions because of the patience of the older brother is too sad. It is no wonder Dean didn't take Sam's departure well, he took away the one part of the scale and he had to adjust fast and in a major way. And Sam couldn't see it, because he was a teen and he wanted a life and he NEEDED to get out - and boy, did I want to throttle him.

You are the bestest writer in the whole fandom, I can tell you. Long since I have read "Red" (which is still the very bestest fic EVER), there had been plenty of fics which happened to be read by me (strange sentence, is it correct?), and many are wonderful and awesome. But nope. You are the best, and I bow to your greatness and just wish there would be some more.

I'm on my knees, oh Queen of fanfiction.

Humble Greetings, Your faithfull

Marlowe
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 10 . 9/1/2009
I really liked this, and I think I've probably told you this before, but I LOVE your writing style! I particuarly liked both ending sections, from 2001 and 2006

I'm not a big high school fan, but I loved Sam's stuff in 2001, and Elise kinda grew on me :) I can't believe you killed Toad though :(
Narelena chapter 10 . 4/29/2009
A wonderfully well-written and engaging story! The intricacies of the plot(s), coupled with the emotional depth of the characters, made for a riveting read. I couldn't seem to stop reading. Thank you for such a captivating fic!
Lilly Emerald chapter 10 . 6/13/2008
loved this story. went under name goldenshadows but had trouble with that account
annj chapter 10 . 6/7/2008
Cruel, honest and frighteningly realistic. Well done.
Cathy1967 chapter 10 . 5/12/2008
Abso-fudging-lutely amazing story. Loved it to bits. Made me laugh, made me tear up a couple of times too. I love your take on the guys, all three of them. Outstanding.
Lisa Paris chapter 10 . 2/29/2008
What can I say that hasn't been said?

I read this, my heart breaking for Dean. The whole Sam leaving for Stanford issue has always made me sad and angry by turns. I understand why he needed to go, but I still want to punch his lights out!

What I especially loved about this, was your handling of the John and Sam relationship. Dear lord, these two are so alike. And Dean . . . Dean stuck in the middle. All that pain and suffering in silence.

Just a fabulous story - I think I ran through a whole gamut of emotions whilst reading it. Boy, do we always hurt the one's we love . . .
JazzyIrish chapter 10 . 1/26/2008
Wow, another fantastic story. This one was hard to read because when Sam leaves Dean for college, it is the most heartbreaking time in Dean's life. I thought you handled it very well - Dean could see it coming, but it didn't make it hurt any less. I knew that reading about it, seeing it, would break my heart in two as well - and it did. The aftermath you describe is intriguing - John and Dean, both broken, take up hunting with a vengeance, to fill the void that Sam's leaving caused.

Again, I loved the intertwining of the two time-frames in the story, each shadowing events from the other. The final chapter was especially poignant as all of the boys' losses and pain come full circle and they have to deal with them in their own way. Niagra Falls with all of its power and dazzle was a perfect setting for this tale. Loved all your OCs - especially poor Toad. I think that without his inner strength and determination, Sam could have ended up like him. Perhaps Sam knew it too.

There is so much to digest to give this tale the review it deserves. Suffice it to say that it is brilliantly written - as all of your stories are. I'm almost up to "Fire in the Hole" - can't wait. Thanks for sharing your amazing talents with us. Until next time...
Shannz chapter 10 . 11/17/2007
**Somewhere between Nashville and Knoxville you lost an hour, and Dean always hated that, felt like he was getting ripped off in cosmic terms.**

I think this line in ch 1 is when I realized I was going to be okay with this fic. I've read most - if not all - of your other work but this and Fire I just couldn't bring myself to read. I have issues with the whole Sammy leaving for Stanford and Dean not being whole without him ...thing. I know there are lots of good fics out there about this time, but for me, just couldn't go there. I enjoy angst as well as the next person - but this time period I just didn't want to deal with. I finally made a point to get past it and to check out this fic of yours.

After reading your other work (Red is my fave btw) I knew this would be good. Your writing continues to amaze me as well as the amount of research and detail that you put into your stories. The back and forth between the timelines never got confusing and really added to the level of emotional angst. I think one of the things that made this easier for me to read was the fact that Sam so wanted Dean to go with him when he left. The fact that he at least thought of that, even day dreamed about it, really eased a little ache in me for Dean.

Anyways - now, do I dare read Fire? :D I don't know how I cannot. I think i'll take a day or two to recover from this. Lovely work. Amazing talent. Keep writing.

-shan
Tari Roo chapter 10 . 10/9/2007
As evidence of the shriveled, bruised, broken, mangled state of my poor heart, I would send you a picture, but its kinda gross and well, impossible, so ... in the words of Sam Beckett, 'Oh boy.' (with lots of loaded angst, heart and melodrama).

Bloody hell, woman - this time I did actually cry. Much muttering there was and unrequited need to just ... do something... for Dean and Sam.

Words of briallance, plot of cliffhangers and characters so flipping staggeringly good... even that sick Billy... sigh... how the hairy hell do you do it? (hard work, probably : ))

If I didn't love reading your writing so much, i'd be tempted to confiscate Dean for his and mine own good and just general well-being. (but I can't... I'm hooked!)
WaltzMatildah chapter 3 . 8/23/2007
'The only thing you really got a good view of from America was Canada. No wonder the Ontarian city was a faux-jeweled neon whore next to the ugly duckling sister across the border, not a ten-minute walk across the Rainbow Bridge.'

Patriotic much?

Onward and upward I go...

Like always...loving it so far...
213 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »