Reviews for Dazzleland
WaltzMatildah chapter 3 . 8/23/2007
'The only thing you really got a good view of from America was Canada. No wonder the Ontarian city was a faux-jeweled neon whore next to the ugly duckling sister across the border, not a ten-minute walk across the Rainbow Bridge.'

Patriotic much?

Onward and upward I go...

Like always...loving it so far...
November'sGuest chapter 10 . 6/5/2007
Gasp. Chokes. But does not blubber...it goes deeper than that, this kind of misery, don't you think? I'm rather speechless, but always captivated by your work. Always. Maybe even a little dumbstruck awe. :)

Nicole
Jennygeee chapter 10 . 5/22/2007
Amazing story! I read it straight through last week and didn't have time then to review. I love all your fics especially 'Red' and now I see you have started another...Yes!

I liked the way you had to two time periods in the one fic, it worked very well and must have been very difficult. I'm really glad that Ms Simon didn't die and that Sam and Dean managed to save her.
xsilicax chapter 10 . 5/19/2007
Wow!

I'm still a little bit stunned by the sheer unrelenting trauma that everyone in this fic suffered. I loved it, don't get me wrong, but I've just read this in one sitting, and it's really dark in places.

I found it very interesting dealing with a Dean who is out of control, and a Sam who is 'brothering' him. That's the biggest change I found from the first to the second season; Sam's coming into his own, while it is Dean who is lost and searching for reasons. This is one of the first fics I've found that actually portrays that effectively.

I LOVED your characterisations. I thought you progressed Sam and Dean well, and there was a distinctive evolution which worked within and without the episodes. Your OCs were extremely real and compelling. I was no less interested in them than in the Winchesters.

The merging of time periods worked well, and I felt sympathy for all three Winchesters when Sam left, which is hard to write without any one person being at fault.

Basically I loved it! Sorry for the ramble!

Cathy.
NathMG chapter 10 . 4/10/2007
Wow! I'm sorry that I didn't review all the chapters. Honestly, I was waiting for you to finish before reading this. "Red" is one of my all time favorite stories, and I knew this one would be great as well.

It was gut wrenching and so intense. I really think you achieved what you set out to do in building that bridge between "Crossroad Blues" and "Croatoan". I love this exploration into Dean's soul. He is such an incredible character. I so want him to be able to open up to Sam, but it's so hard to get him there. Anything he lets slip out is so guarded and difficult to get to that you almost need to get some rest afterwards to recover.

I love the relationship between the brothers in your story. Sam seems to know Dean so well. He's really tuned into him and can read him like a book(with a few of the pages missing..)

The back story of how Sam came to leave for college was heartbreaking, and the hint of how bad things were when he left has me really hoping that you'll do a story that gives us a bit of that background. I'm also curious as to wether or not Billy will return...

Really awesome story. Can't wait for your next one.
chrissie0707 chapter 10 . 4/1/2007
Sometimes my tardiness even amazes me. A thousand apologies.

*...and then remembering Mr. Winchester as Sam, as a tall gangly kid with a sheepish smile and a Thoroughbred’s skittish temperament at the starting gate.* This is a particularly vivid lil piece of imagery, because I watched the Dubai World Cup yesterday, and Premium Tap didn't want to get into the gate. So I can picture Sam as that horse.

*Aw, Sammy. Jesus, see what happens?* For whatever reason, this stuck out to me. I like the thought, just very in characer I suppose.

*Sam cleared a throat suddenly Gobi dry. “Stop it.” It was begging; it came out as though Sam was the one being strangled. “Just let them-”

“Your brother here? He tried to hold it together after you left. That’s what he always did, right? Just held the center while you and your dad went at it. You’ve never asked him about those months, shit those years, have you? It was a fucking bloodbath, what happened, after you left, the shit they killed. Him and your dad. Dean was actually happy that you’d gotten out, that you were making something-”

“Shut up!” That wasn’t begging. Not anywhere close to it.*

This really got me.

The whole chapter, and story, was very emotional. I was THIS close to crying, really REALLY close. You did a marvelous job with the story. I really think that it lends a wonderful insight into the way things are and, not the way they might have been, but the way they WERE.

I really, really enjoyed the story, and I'm sad to see it end. Awesome work.
sams1ra chapter 10 . 3/29/2007
Next comes fluff? So there's more? Squee!
geminigrl11 chapter 10 . 3/28/2007
Painful and scary and raw and just amazing, amazing storytelling. As always. You just never cease to awe me.

And I'm so glad you had the brothers reunited at the end, despite the turmoil throughout. Reunited is where the must always be, accroding to the Gem Doctrine).

I am SO psyched for you that you are going to the Falls finally! You DESERVE to go, after all the hard work and research you put in. And hopefully, it will live up to every expectation. Can't wait to hear all about it (I mean it - email me!). And give my regards to Tesla.

Thank you for another fantastic tale!
EagleGirl6 chapter 10 . 3/28/2007
Sorry I've been lax in reviewing... no excuse really. But I did recruit another reader for you:) On a road trip, my bored 13-yr old son read chapters 9 & 10 that I had printed - and enjoyed it! Your fanbase is diversifying.

I thought you used all the violence very wisely in the telling of your story; I didn't find it excessive, just necessary. I must be honest though, being the happy-ending lover that I am, I was a little - not quite disappointed - curious about the way you ended this. Then I read your final A/N and I realized that you did exactly what you set out to do and that you are indeed brilliant.

Have fun on your trip, and bring back lots of ideas for more stories! Thank you very much for Dazzleland and I'm greatly looking forward to the next one:)

Kelly
IheartPadalecki chapter 10 . 3/26/2007
Omg I loved that! Absolutely loved it!
Winter1066 chapter 10 . 3/26/2007
NO! It's over and there's nothing left for me to read! OK hurry up and write another ;-)
adara13 chapter 10 . 3/25/2007
First, I have to tell you this is my favorite chapter of them all. The resolve off the ending was perfect to me, with Sam giving Dean his space, but still watching over him. It's certainly his turn! Also, the parallel imagery of Sam throwing away the phone and Dean the tape was perfect. I'm not certain, of course, what exactly you were going for me, but it was the image of them both just letting go of the hurts they can't change that really worked for me. I guess to me, it makes sense that Sam had to let go of Dean or he could never really move on. Doesn't mean I forgive him for it though! (I'm irrational like that).

As for the story as a whole...umm, wow, how to do justice to this story in a review? It's just not possible! Ok, first off, no thanking the readers! That's our jobs. This story was pretty intense to get through sometimes, but your amazing writing skills more than make up for that. After all, Supernatural isn't exactly a show that you can always deal with fluffily (ok, that's definitely not a word...but you get my point!). Kripke makes sure of that. So, yes, very sad sometimes but as long as I have at least some feeling that this is salvageable, I'm happy.

Overall, I just loved this story. I say it alot, but I swear I mean it! It just felt like Dean was drowning at the beginning of this story, and while he's still broken here, at least I feel like it could be ok. It just felt like it tied up a lot of the hurt feelings left in the show, and left the Winchesters their normal measure of miserable and whiny rather than overbalanced. So yes, this story is awesome!
Cannibalistic Gypsy Girl chapter 3 . 3/24/2007
At the top of the rock table, the water was so dark and translucent it didn’t even look like it was moving. Only when it hit air did it seem to realize what was in store and then it just went berserk, flashing into gold and green and purple and azure and a million other colors that water made when it mixed with light.

That was beautiful.
Rebel Goddess chapter 10 . 3/23/2007
I rather liked how Sam is always Mr Winchester to Billy. While reading the scene, I kept thinking Sam should have just let Dean shoot Billy, because he won't be stopped, and by the end I still thought shooting Billy would have been the best move. Dean is so clever. I loved the way he switched gears to get Billy in an entirely unexpected way. This entire chapter was so tense! Enjoy your trip to Dazzleland. Love this story. Hope you write a new one soon.
HAP chapter 10 . 3/23/2007
That was one wild ride. Wow - I needed to review this chapter to tell you how freakin awesome this story is! The way that you captured Sam and Dean - just how I imagine they would sound as teens. And tho I'm usually a total Dean fan, I really liked Sam in this one! (And Dean, of course!)

Oh and that other story of yours - the logging one - far out! Man you better keep on writing!
214 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »