Reviews for Verse From Deepest Dark
Mark Solo chapter 8 . 8/19/2007
Very good poems, One question, is this a dark side AU universe, where the Sith have destroyed the Jedi or send them into hidding, figthing to one day free the galaxy? Just wanting to know.
Kelaria chapter 8 . 3/30/2007
Another fascinating history... I vaguely recognized the name Exar Kun and looked him up - I like your version from the Sith perspective (aha - they DO write poetry!) Ghost or not, he's not somebody I'd want to mess with!
Ann Jinn chapter 8 . 3/22/2007
Hard to think of young siths being scared straight, but this poem would do a good job of it. How you set the poems up really is wonderful. You are doing a fantastic job.
skywalker05 chapter 8 . 3/22/2007
Thanks a lot!

Very interesting poem. Your descriptions are poignant, sharp as "Double blue blade... with burning ice".

Some things:
Kelaria chapter 7 . 3/14/2007
*Note to self: never to marry a H'nemthe* Wow, the Jedi escaped underground, and the Ood tree is still waiting to be discovered... Awesome! These poems are all so intriguing, I hope you do more! )
Kelaria chapter 6 . 3/13/2007
Oh I love this one! I liked the images of 'blue Sorcerer fire' (ouch!) and 'building ruins'... And the fact that Revan was rescued by a Jedi in hiding, and then they all disappear... That is an awesome story, packed into just a few words - brilliant! )
skywalker05 chapter 7 . 3/3/2007
Oh! Master Ood Bnar! (That is the correct surname, right...?)

The rhythm in this one is very good. "left nothing alive." is almost cliché. "their strike" needs the capital letter T.

I like how you mix traditions, wierdnesses-H'nemthe, Zabrak, Jedi. It makes for a compelling, pleasantly crowded universe behind the poetry.

Can I make a request? Can you write something about Exar Kun-his fall, his entombment, his eventual life and defeat again? I'd just like to see that and I think you'd do it, in your unique way, well.
Ann Jinn chapter 7 . 3/2/2007
So very touching. What a horrible place to live even for creatures who live small ives and try to keep out of trouble.

Your introductions are fantastic and really set the mood for the poetry.
Ann Jinn chapter 6 . 2/27/2007
I really enjoy how you set up the history of the poetry. I can see where "cleans away, peels away and tourches the soul with healing Guardian Light" would get someone upset. Very beautifully done.
skywalker05 chapter 6 . 2/25/2007
Aw, yuck, what a horrid way for a Kel Dor to go.

Good job. The KOTOR material is interesting. The one thing about doing that though is that different gamers see Revan as male or female...but that's no problem of yours. "the Kel Dor poet, Jandor Foon, " doesn't need those commas. Also, I'd write "Jaw-less" as one word.

This poem actually be talking about a few different Sith...or maybe that's just my imagination, coupling with your sincere building of prophecies and histories.
Rinter chapter 6 . 2/25/2007
I don't know much about poetry but have been reading your verses with interest. This latest one was simple and powerful, I like it a lot.
Kelaria chapter 5 . 2/22/2007
Hutt poetry? My favorite! :) I love the concept of how history turns into legend and fantasy and eventually becomes lost, with the changing of a few words... The poetry style reminds me a lot of Beowulf... Awesome job! )
skywalker05 chapter 5 . 2/16/2007
Good as usual. I like "Blades of light and blades of blood".
Ann Jinn chapter 5 . 2/16/2007
Just amazing, I really enjoy how you set up the background and then the poetry. Just a fantastic job. Like to how you put the changes in italics.

Sometimes history hangs on the small things and this is a brilliant look at what could have happened.
Kelaria chapter 4 . 2/12/2007
Wow, these are cool! The history behind the poems is fascinating... In the first one I love how the final line was kept secret, so the true meaning of the poem remains vague... Amazing to imagine Hoth as a green, living place too! And I loved the last one - a vision of Anakin from thousands of years earlier... These poems are very different from any fanfic I've read, and really make you think - thanks for sharing them! )