Reviews for The Grand Sneer
Falero lero lero chapter 11 . 6/5/2013
I like your chapters. This is good story
hervissa chapter 11 . 9/2/2012
excellently written story, almost like Pratchett himself wrote it... :) I have only one question: how think out Vetinaris plans for Margolottas meetings? I never tried to wirte disc fanfic about Vetinari, because I dont think that I could write his thoughts/plans/how-else-do-you-want-to-call-it... I must repeat, excelent story :D
CarrieVS chapter 11 . 5/18/2010
I do like a good young Havelock fic. And this is pretty good: plot, writing and charaters all very well done.

I can't find much to improve on, except that although this is set after the Diet of Bugs, and as such there is no silver mining, but vampires and werewolves still hunt people.

I guess the bit about the vampire queen of Lancre is a reference to Vlad Dracula: I think he gets far too much bad press; judged by the times he lived in, he really wasn't so bad, just completely ruthless when he had to be. I reckon Vetinari would have rather admired him.

BTW, what's a retcon?
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 11 . 12/9/2009
Hi! Lovely fic and a lovely gapfiller for that time of Vetinari during his Great Sneer period. However, I would have imagined even a young Vetinari a bit less direct or concerned about Margolotta's eating habits (as long as they did not concern him, that is). But I still enjoy the story very much. Thank you for writing and sharing!
Mr Stereo1 chapter 11 . 4/11/2009
Wow, that was good, are you ever going to continue this?
What-Ansketil-Did-Next chapter 11 . 9/4/2007
Ah... once in a while I sneak away from Harry Potter fandom and indulge my love of Lord Vetinari...

VERY nice fic... dare I hope for more?
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 11 . 4/19/2007
Very interesting! Love the political advice from Lord Vetinari. Look forward to next chapter.
beko chapter 9 . 3/17/2007
Absolutely superb, so far! Looking forward to the next chapter~

(One question though: is Lady Margolotta really 430? Because, if Sally is 51 and that equals about 16, then a vampire age of 430 would still be around 135 in human years? Well, but maybe you can't calculate like that with vampires ;)
TheMidgetBee chapter 11 . 3/9/2007
Just a quick note...

I've left the site as some of you are probably aware, so I won't be updating this or any other story on here. However that doesn't mean I've stopped writing fic, so go to my homepage and you'll find all updates there, including the end for this story.

I must warn you though that there is a link on this page to my LiveJournal. If you want to go on there, have a peek, leave a comment, then go ahead. But it does feature some pretty strong opinions on there, specifically about my reasons for leaving the site. So, if you're offended by it then it's your own fault for going on there.

Anyway, that's where the updates are.
sunset.rising chapter 11 . 3/8/2007
Yay! I'm finally getting to catch up on all of my favorite fanfiction _ Thanks for updating a lot in my absence! It was wonderful to come back to all of those updates :D UPDATE AGAIN SOON!

Magicflute chapter 11 . 3/8/2007
FINALLY AN UPDATE! Beautiful, loved that. And I had been wondering when Lady M. would offer that to V.

Great job at showing their different ways of thinking once again... love it. Please don't take another couple of months for the next chapter...
Emote Control chapter 11 . 3/7/2007
Very nice - Vetinari has been running things till now, but this is a *vampire* he's dealing with.
MJ MOD chapter 11 . 3/5/2007
Oh! Oh! Margolotta should know better than to try to manipulate Havelock. He won't be happy about it! He doesn't want to be a vampire, she should accept his decision and stop bothering him with it. Snapcase has put his horse as Counsel? Well, he's mad so I suppose it's kind of normal.
MJ MOD chapter 10 . 3/5/2007
I LOVE Havelock! He's such a good politician(i can't believe i'm saying this. Whatve is said, the Werewolves will believe an alliance has been made even when it has not. Brilliant!
Big Cat chapter 11 . 3/4/2007
I 'love' this chapter (sort of, I am in two minds). Some small... disagreements, but don't mention that, not that important. I like Vetinari/Margolotta's fight, great presentation of her thoughts, her weakness and her strenghts. And her fears... Good job. Looking forward for the next chapter... When Margolotta shows H.V. 'what true power was...' Oh, you know how to make people wait for the next friday! I hope to see what a real vampire could do, and how V. would react on what he sees...