Reviews for Of Flower Girls and Falling Stars
Kitsune Kit chapter 2 . 8/7/2008
This is really good!
Withdrawn chapter 2 . 12/19/2007
Just... just wow. I mean... I'll be honest, I haven't read a lot of KH fan fiction, despite KH being my favorite game ever. I checked the section shortly after (finally) finishing the first game (which, though it was the first game I bought for my PS2, which was also the first system I had that was anything more serious than a Gameboy, took me... I don't know, somewhere between one and three years to finally beat), and I was so incredibly disappointed with the fan fics I found that I haven't gone back except for a brief blurb after beating KHII (which, I might add, took me significantly less time). But still, out of all the KH stuff I've read, this is probably the best, and, if it isn't then it ties for first. This was just plain incredible. I mean, the characters were so incredibly themselves, and the relationships that you built, and that just made sense, with only a few sentences here and there... wow. Beyond that it focuses on something that is incredibly easy to forget, in almost any series with main characters so young, but especially so in this case. When everything went down, Yuffie, Leon (or should I say Squall?), Aerith, and even Cid, were little better than children. Beyond that the second point that was especially well made here was the lack of both information and power the characters had to have felt, not just at that age when everything began, but to that very day that Sora showed up in a little back alley in that tragic little patchwork world. I have to say that this was just plain impressive, I really don't know how else to describe it, but you're right... there was a story there, and the story behind KH started, for the characters, long before Riku, Kairi, and Sora decided to build that little raft that would end up deciding the fate of the worlds themselves.
sassamifrass chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
*forgot something in her response to chapter 2, so shall post here as doesn't seem to like multiple comments*

One really important thing! While reading Ch 1 2, I could really taste the ominous-ness! I became absorbed and crouched over my computer screen, I completely ignored the non-fic things happening around me. The mood evoked by the chapters so far is fantastic.
sassamifrass chapter 2 . 1/9/2007
I've really enjoy reading this, you got Cid just right (I can certainly imagine him spontaneously creating swearwords...) and the Squall/Yuffie interaction is really well-handled, especially Squall finally cracking and kicking Yuffie under the table *grins*

You've created quite a solid interpretation of how the characters came to be in Traverse Town. There's so many plot points in KH I want to explore further... then again, I still haven't played CoM or KH2, so there might be more covered there that I don't know about.

I've never had much empathy for Aerith (I knew she was going to die before playing FF7 and so I found myself instantly detaching from her character the moment we met her) so I find the occasional insight into her thoughts occasionally disrupts my immersion in the story - but that's a me-thing rather than a real criticism.

I'm really looking forward to the last (two?) parts! Super-nifty x100!
LunaticCow chapter 2 . 1/7/2007
Wow. Absolutely fantastic. I loved the way you've portrayed these characters. They're just...oh, I don't know...right, I guess.

Love the way you created the fall of Radiant Garden/ the beginning of Hollow Bastion. This is probably the best KH fic I've read in all the years I've been reading KH fics.

Really hope you update soon.
ShazCorp chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Very good story. Very good. I enjoyed the inclusion of Braig/Xigbar.

Although I can't help but ask, wasn't Maleficent involved in the destruction of Hollow Bastion in some way?
stairwaytotheskies chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
I really like this, though I have to say something about Squall's age. I know in FFVI he was 17, but the KH version of him is 25. I don't know why they did that, but that's what it is. *sigh*

Good job, update soon!
Ytdn chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Oh God, that made me tear up. The music player even chose some sad music for me to listen to, too!

Seriously, that was class. You got all the emotions spot on, and... and... it was so godamn sad!