Reviews for Redemption
This really is an amazing story
lunabane chapter 23 . 11/4/2014
I can't wait for the next chapter!
Jade chapter 3 . 7/22/2014
Was the blonde archer Glorifindel? It could not of been Legolas, since he is a prince and would not take orders from any other elves.
Naosj chapter 4 . 5/21/2014
"Aerith said she'd be our new Mother." Said Kadaj, a smile on his face.
"Aerith said that?" asked Cloud, a disturbed expression on his face, thinking of how Aerith had almost been his girlfriend. Ew.

If I knew nothing else about you aside from that one line, it would ten times be enough for me to tell you are woman. The way derision and feminine politics just oozes from that on word strips away more masculinity from Cloud than putting on a dress and wig ever did. The only type of men that could utter "ew" so singularly with a tangible physical object of disgust before them are boys and the ultra arrogant out-of-touch rich assholes. Children in general could look on a piece of broccoli and say, "ew," while thinking, "I know what that is; I don't like it." The 1% CEO walks on the street and sees other human beings and think, "I'm better than them. Ew, don't get near me."

Would Cloud, as a man who respected and arguably loved this woman, ever think he was a better human being than her? ... or was disgusted with her so completely that he could categorically shift her into decided derision?

The casual "ew," "ick," "yuck," and so on is used mostly by women who want to make the offending object or person to be lesser in every way. It's disgusting in the way a girl would look at a bug or a mess. You are that small. You don't deserve any more of my time or thought, just "ew."

It's not men don't have their own variant of these emotions, but they can't use that word. "Ew" is used by small children and the immature. A woman can use it and any sense of smallness or childishness can be redirected to the object of their scorn because stereotypically woman don't carry an aura of strength and power with them. If a big muscle woman looked at a thing and said, "ew," it would be atypical and detract from her aura of strength.

All too often the female writers on this site will speak with their own voices through the male characters. Unless you have decided to clearly explore the mind of your male character and express it somehow through the story, as a rule of thumb men will coat their emotions and expressions with force that machismo undertone that every man outside of the metrosexual and gay community strives to develop to one degree or the other.
Cersesi chapter 23 . 3/14/2014
I like it
chaosmutated chapter 24 . 2/7/2014
awesome story so well written its awesome plz write more
Magyk Knight chapter 24 . 2/6/2014
I love the phone short. It made me laugh so hard.
Venipa chapter 24 . 1/16/2014
Yay! Job well done. I love the bonding time cloud n the advant bros have. I can definitely see Los be the playful type n yazoo bein the level headed responsible Stoic type. The bi-polar behavior on kadaj fits him perfectly n in the movie id notice he was bi-polar also lol good job i love the omake part about cloud's hair lol more updates plz favorite this i am
Nachtnelke chapter 24 . 10/30/2013
I like this story. It's just the right mix of sweet and heartbreaking with a dash of humor and action. The interactions between Cloud and the SHM are awkward and bittersweet. When I see them trying to make their littke family work I'm caught between laughing and crying. They unwittingly tear open each others old wounds but try to overcome those setbacks and work even harder to get close to each other ;_;
With this kind of emotional baggage I'm all the more grateful for your sense of humor (I loved the omakes btw. The drinking game is my favourite I can really see Gimly hating them all the more for winning XD). I don't know if it was intended that way but the musings about safe topics with Cloud and the conclusion "weapons and food" made me smile (probably because it's too true)
haseo2124 chapter 24 . 10/28/2013
please update soon
Anonym chapter 23 . 10/21/2013
Advent Children vs. Nazgul!

P.S. I like the scene in which Eowyn kills the Witch King, but I always thought it would be clever to have King of the Dead vs. Witch King; instead of "no living MAN may hinder me", we have "no LIVING man may hinder me". Poor Witch King, losing on a technicality... :p However, as a die-hard Tolkienite, I can't encourage such a deviation in LOTR canon in earnest.
QLGingerBlade chapter 16 . 10/15/2013
FYI: Fenrir actually has three wheels, two in the front, one in the back. It is like liquid sex you can hear, that bike.
Phoenix's death chapter 24 . 9/27/2013
haha poor kadaj. And the hair part, you know, I just realized his hair barely moves at all.
Guest chapter 24 . 9/14/2013
Did you die? I would really like to read the rest of this story, considering the plot is going somewhere, so when will you update? Only you can show us Cloud and the Advents' role in the LotR universe and their growth as a family and socially adept people (kinda hoping for much, but things have been known for changing people's perspective drastically...) So please, update!
Guest chapter 24 . 8/29/2013
Are you going to continue this story? I'm really enjoying it!