Reviews for The Crow on the Cradle
Shinigami061 chapter 3 . 2/2/2007
So...I meant to review *this* chapter...geez, I sure am smart .
Shinigami061 chapter 2 . 2/2/2007
And the plot thickens...Great chapter! I love the almost "stream-of-conciousness" that you have going with Dean and Jess. I can actually place myself in their shoes, and imagine what I would be feeling in that situation. I'm really enjoying this so far, and can't wait till the next chapter! Keep it up, and update soon :)

Shinigami06
CatChild1 chapter 3 . 2/2/2007
I really love the path you're taking with Jessica. Even though in the series we didn't really get to know her, I believe you're picking up on her strength and love for Sam that we were only barely privy to in the series. I can't wait to see how she reacts to the phone evidence.

Update soon!
Lisette chapter 3 . 1/23/2007
Wow... so it took me actually jumping back to the first chapter to find a date to put with everything. I couldn't figure out the significance of October 2nd, and at first I was assuming that Dean had tried calling him while he was missing, worried and such - but that didn't explain her reaction. Now, however... damn, so it was supposedly a call from Dean that roused Sam and sent him to whatever doom you've managed to dream up. Poor Jessica - that's certainly not going to help her trust them anymore, which is sad because I have a feeling that there will be no progress made unless the three of them start working together.

And don't fear - you're doing an excellent job with her character. It's actually a very fun perspective, for it's almost like an outsider's POV of the Winchesters, but not, because she knows Sam, LOVES him, and that colors everything. A very unique, fun perspective.

Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder what's happening with poor Sam. Did the fire demon lure him away? Will they manage to get him back while he's still the Sam we know and love, or will he actually turn all crazy? Here's hoping for the safe and relatively unharmed version - of course, a little battered and slightly maimed wouldn't be a bad thing, either.

Also, can't help but wonder how Sam will react to Dean letting Jessica in on the big secret when he had worked so hard to keep it from her for so long... that is, as long as Sam is still Sam. Should be interesting, and all in all I eagerly anticipate whatever you have coming next. WELL DONE!
blazingfire03 chapter 3 . 1/22/2007
so Jess is taking it to the next level to find Sam. I love how she would do anything to find him and what new mysteries is sammy's phone going to bring into the picture?

update soon:)
04238 chapter 3 . 1/22/2007
Reviewing as I read...

'And Dean nodded, because that was what he did, Dad told him what to do and he did it, but he thought that even after the display in the diner, Dad still didn’t get that Sam hadn’t chosen Jessica because of the way she looked.' Those lines made me REALLY mad at John. And pity Dean and Sam. Gr... '“Well, then you’re going to have to change her mind,” John said. “She’ll come around. They always do.”' He's so ignorant and quick to judge.

'It’s the third time she’s opened the door to find Dean standing on the other side. The first time, she was desperate (and the desperation hasn’t gone away, it’s just been joined by other emotions); the second, she was hopeful. This time, she’s furious.' Poor Jess

The JessDean conversation was so awkward and... I dunno, intense? But I was just like, 'Tell her the truth already, Dean!' and getting really frustrated at them for being so..., stupid. Sorry.

'She looks back at him, waiting, her hand still on the door, and he holds her gaze and says, “Do you believe in ghosts?”' (finally!)

Poor Jess. You write her really well. And the rest of the gang.

'Sam’s been gone for twelve days, and all he’s left her with is secrets and lies.' I love those day counting things. So heartbreaking.

I was too wrapped up in the story to write during that last scene. I was just like, 'Oh. My.' You get the point. But man, you gotta update soon or else I am... you know...

J
Nana56 chapter 3 . 1/21/2007
Dean made the phone call? Huh! That would explain why he up and left...but Dean doesn't seem to know anything about it. It was a fake!
heartfallen chapter 3 . 1/21/2007
Great update! I love how you write Jessica
permanentlydisheveled chapter 3 . 1/21/2007
omg much? update, woman! (not sure if you are a woman, but hey, I have to say something) I'm quite at loss for words. So I'm going to do what I do best: babble. But it's not really Dean is it? It can't be Dean! It's not Dean. I really like Jessica in this. This makes me sad that we didn't get more Jessica in the show. *nods* Anyway, yeah, update soon! I might die, if you don't, honestly. ]
camlann chapter 3 . 1/20/2007
WOW, what a great cliffhanger! Please hurry and update-I'm anxious to find out what happens next!

camlann :)
annaidb or eculeus chapter 3 . 1/20/2007
I absolutely love this story. Love love love love love. Anyway, I really like your characterization of Jessica; she's very well rounded and realistic. And I like that John isn't...that he's not perfect but still good. He seems really John-like. Update soon please! Because I want to get to the part of the story with Sam actually in it and then he can admire Jessica cause she kicks ass...
wcfan chapter 3 . 1/20/2007
Dean? Why would Dean's number be the last call received? Wait a minute, did Dean still change is number in your story? 'Cause if he did that means Sam won't know his new number and the 'Dean' on his phone would be Dean's old number...Wouldn't it?

Anyway, can't wait for your next update.
Starliteyes17 chapter 3 . 1/20/2007
I love your version of Jessica. She is so strong and put together and just as I imagined the Jess Sam loved would be. It's cool that Dean recognizes part of that, too - that there must be more to her then just a pretty face, especially if Sam loved her so much.

Oh, goodness - I'm getting really worried about Sam. Fifteen days? Please let him be found soon! Mostly, I just want to know what's going on. ;D

Great chapter. I can't wait to see what happens next!
krishp chapter 3 . 1/20/2007
I'm so glad you've posted more of this!

This is really intriguing, I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next, who really called Sam that night, where Sam is, and what's going on!

Hope you update again soon. :)
carocali chapter 3 . 1/20/2007
Dun dun dun... Does that mean that Dean set Sammy off on his venture? Oh no! What will Jess do now?

I love the way you had Dean explain the Winchester life to Jess, and how she thought him crazy. Then.. little things started to make sense. You handled it so well!

Can't wait to see where you go with this!

:D