Reviews for The Crow on the Cradle
The Quote Bandit chapter 20 . 1/6/2013
I nearly threw my Kindle into the wall that made me so happy.
The Quote Bandit chapter 16 . 1/6/2013
Aaaaaaaaahhhhh I was thinking it could be an angel somehow bit I didn't know how and now I'm completely convinced it is Gabriel from the future possessing Dean or making himself look like Dean comimg back to the beginning to save his own skin (and stop the apocalypse bit that one is not as important).
The Quote Bandit chapter 13 . 1/5/2013
Ohy God
Sam he's seeing what would've happened
along with what is
shit
Fuck.
gah
The Quote Bandit chapter 8 . 1/5/2013
So um
you see that twisted piece of meat that look s like it's been stomped on repeatedly?
yeah that's my heart
The Quote Bandit chapter 2 . 1/5/2013
DAMN STRAIGHT GIRLIE.
The Quote Bandit chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I am excite.
This seems like a pretty awesome beginning of a fic.
Neosatsuma chapter 20 . 11/27/2012
This makes me so, so, SO happy. The ending is absolutely perfect; watching that blasted semi go by in my mind's eye is about the best ever. I'm SO glad that this story has a happy ending. I was worried for a long time that it was going to be tragic, that Sam wouldn't be able to stop what started it all, that Jess was still going to burn. I wish we got to know more about what happens afterwards- if Sam ever manages to slip fully back into this reality and shut out the other, if Jess stays with the Winchesters or if she and Sam try to have a "normal" life, but at the same time, the ending really is perfect.
These are some of my favorite bits from the last few chapters:

"They can't figure out what the thing was (demon, John says, like he doesn't hear any of their counter-arguments), and they can't figure out if it did anything to Sam. When she asks him about that night (because Dean refuses and John is never the best person to ask anyone anything), his answers are vague and contradictory." I love your characterization of John, and his never being the best person to ask anyone anything makes me chuckle. Very true.
"And OK, yeah, all he had to go on was Sam's freakish ramblings, and Sam was crazy, but Dean figured they were all pretty damn crazy by now, and he was totally planning on coming up with a way of justifying hugging Dad, except he didn't need to, because then Dad was hugging him, and Dean took a second to just feel how solid Dad was (he'll be OK he knows what he's doing he's Dad) and then it was gone, and Dad was hugging Jessica, who looked kinda like she'd been jumped by a bear and didn't know whether to fight or play dead for a second, and then hugged back. And yeah, OK, this was kind of surreal. "Take care," said Dad, letting go of Jessica and turning away. "I'll see you soon." He stopped halfway back to the truck, looked back, and Dean knew what was going to come out of his mouth before he even opened, could have freakin mouthed the words along with him. "Look out for Sammy," said Dad. "I will," said Dean." I was not at all expecting John to hug Jess, but she really is as close as anyone's ever gotten to being a Winchester without being one, and this scene is just one giant Crowning Moment of Heartwarming. (And looking like she'd been jumped by a bear, ha! Your skill with these comparisons is Rowling-esque.)
"And then Dean's moving, they're all moving, it's all a blur of heat and shadows and the baby crying against her shoulder and concentrating on not falling down the stairs and not breathing too deep, and there's a man now, too, Dean's growling something, but she ignores him, ignores them all, she's focussed on getting the baby out the door, because there's a life in her arms and twenty-three years ago this was Sam." You're writing's so poignant, the way you just say things, and this is one of those times where the reader just sort of gets smacked with it. "And twenty-three years ago this was Sam." *smack* :O
"But what if isn't her territory, she doesn't see the what if, not the way Sam does, and she takes a moment to close her eyes and be grateful, because if second-guessing is this terrifying then how much worse must second-knowing be?" Second-knowing. Your words! They are awesome!

And now I continue the hunt for more of your incredible stories! :D
Neumzie chapter 20 . 9/14/2012
not-dean is gabriel, isnt it? good ending battle, very exciting!
Neumzie chapter 15 . 9/13/2012
IM SO FUCKING CONFUSED!
Neumzie chapter 11 . 9/12/2012
i dont understand how they cant see a connection between sams crazy and his sudden leaving all those months ago
Neumzie chapter 8 . 9/12/2012
right in the fuckin feels!
threedays chapter 20 . 8/25/2012
Holy CRAP! Oh my god. This was un-freaking-believable! I hope you also write novels.
lovesfiction chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Wow! Just amazing! I love that Jess found out the truth, and Sam saved them all and everything. Just wonderful!

Liked your portrayal of John as well... disconnected but not. Never connecting with Jess and how Dean came to understand why Sam fell for her.

Will be re-reading many times. Thank you!
pesky.lil.critter chapter 11 . 6/13/2012
Fuck, this is like some kind of a twisted version of canon. There's a part of me wondering what's actually going on in Sam's head, what all this looks like to him.

I'm rather worried about how the clash with Yellow-Eyes in June will play out.
458 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »