Reviews for The Crow on the Cradle
janny.verveer chapter 20 . 1/27/2014
God. No words. This is actually the best fanfic i have read on this site. Which is crazy cos the majority are really good but yours is amazing! Boy. I still don't really understand Not-Dean but thats ok :D
Curious6 chapter 19 . 5/17/2013
"Lost my phone," Dean says, tone wavering between pissed off serial killer and despondent eight year old.

"Sam was a nutcase, and Jessica was Sam, and all that had changed was that there was a little more crazy floating around."

"She's focused on getting the baby out the door, because there's a life in her arms and twenty-three years ago this was Sam.

Ugh I love this little family.
Curious6 chapter 18 . 5/17/2013
"And there, that's it, Dean's with her now, and the relief hits her so hard she almost has to sit down, and she thinks even with all the time she's had to sit and think about it, she hadn't realised how lonely she'd become."
Oh, man. The whole silent treatment thing was rougher on Jess than they expected :(.

"No, baby, I've been right here all along." And she reaches out and pushes his hand down till it's resting on Dean's shoulder. "That's your brother," she says, and thinks about how they're connected now, both of them touching Sam.
I love this . They're all in this together now.
Curious6 chapter 17 . 5/17/2013
"You were too young...He shouldn't have left you alone like that." Ooh the striga incident.

Also, I LoOoOOOoOve the scenes between Sam and Jess, be they miniscule and filled with crazy talk, or little bits of Sam that shine through.
Curious6 chapter 16 . 5/17/2013
Man, I thought it was AU-canon Dean from the real series who was in the motel room with this AU fic Dean at first, until I thought, wow, this Dean is having waaay too much fun.
Curious6 chapter 15 . 5/17/2013
"She realises that Winchester means more to her these days than just Sam."

I love how Sam still manages to stick up for Jess. I can't believe they haven't caught on to the mind-reading thing yet, though. Maybe I'm too paranoid.
Curious6 chapter 14 . 5/17/2013
"It was what Dean did, what they did, Winchesters, always there to save people. "
Classic line, I love it.

"Dad? Because Dad's not here, Dean."
Holy motherfucking shit, I must be SO SLOW because I'm finally just starting to get that Sam's talking to AU-canon-realWHATEVER Dean in his head!
Curious6 chapter 13 . 5/17/2013
"It's April. I lost her in November, and it's April, don't you get it?"
Curious6 chapter 11 . 5/17/2013
"They both turn to see Sam clutching his head, his knees buckling, and Dean moving forward instantly (because Dean never stops looking, never takes his attention off Sam for a moment)..."

"Take your brother and go," he says, and when Dean still doesn't move, he says, "Now, Dean. Go."Dean starts at the words and grabs hold of Sam's arm, hustling him out of the room like it's on fire."

"She sees the way they must have been, all those years growing up, Sam always knowing what he wants (he always knows what he wants) and unafraid to ask, and Dean torn between his father's orders and wanting to give his brother everything."
I looove how she sees this and I like how she's still counting the days that Sam's been gone because I would be too.

"She searched for him for half a year and he won't wait for her."
You're killllling me.
Curious6 chapter 9 . 5/16/2013
"What...?" says Dean, but he doesn't finish the question, and she thinks that he's summed up the last six months in a single word.

This Sam makes me want to claw my face off, Jesus XD.
Curious6 chapter 8 . 5/16/2013
"Sam looks around and then lowers his voice even further, and she wonders suddenly if he can even see them at all, she and John, two shadows hovering at the edge of this scene, two people watching a relationship that they were afraid to touch."

Ahhh, so wonderful. I don't know how you managed to keep me and the characters so still on-edge with Sam back, but it's working. Damn, I'm impressed.
Curious6 chapter 7 . 5/16/2013
"A moment later he's gone, and she's left alone with her thoughts and the man whose son she once thought she was going to marry."
Oh, shit, Jess has a fake credit card and they're all sharing a room to save money. Shit's official now. Also, I like how you're keeping us up with how long Sam's been gone. I feel like I'm getting weathered down with them, like I can FEEL the months passing. This is so crazy that's he's been gone for this long though. I thought they'd find him in a month, tops.

"He'd carried Sam out of the house that night, and he hadn't stopped carrying him for eighteen years, hadn't stopped until Sam struggled out of his arms and pushed him away."
My fucking bleeding HEART, you're killing me.
Curious6 chapter 5 . 5/16/2013
Also wanted to say -you do a really good job of portraying John. I feel like we didnt't get enough insight into how he was in the show, but the dark aura and quiet observing fits him really well.

"She wants to believe that Dean can make everything right; but Dean isn't her brother, he's Sam's."
Exactly, man. You have so much patience while writing each chapter. Idk if that's a good way of describing it, but I mean most stories have boring chapters that'd make you want to skip ahead until you find Sam, you know? Each chapter here is so meaningful though, and Jess's interactions with John and Dean are so painfully perfect.
Curious6 chapter 4 . 5/16/2013
"He's stopped moving now, is standing still, or as still as she imagines he ever gets, his hands clenching and unclenching at his sides, bouncing slightly on the balls of his feet. She thinks about Sam, about how Sam was the quiet centre of the whirlwind of her life, how he could sit concentrating for hours and never move a muscle. They're so different, these brothers."
They're so different, yet still so in synch :). And, God, I love how you portray Dean being vulnerable because everyone always portrays him as being macho and composed, which is accurate, but when shit starts happening to his brother, he gets a little crazy.

"She doesn't need fixing. She needs Sam."
She and Dean have so much in common, even if it's just because of Sam.
Curious6 chapter 3 . 5/16/2013
(God, he's chewing gum, Sam's been gone fifteen days and this guy's just standing there chewing gum).

This is so great. Isn't that what people who are grieving go through?
476 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »