Reviews for The Crow on the Cradle
Curious6 chapter 2 . 5/16/2013
"She wonders why it is that Sam takes his coffee with pretty much every additive he can find, until sometimes it's hard to even tell it's coffee under all the foam and syrup; she wonders if Sam has anything in common with his family at all."

"(maybe oh God because they think she'll be attracted to him). If that is the plan, it's backfiring – she trusts him less every moment."
I love this because eeeeveryone's naturally attracted to Dean but it only seems more natural that Jess and Sam are only right for each other.

"But normal wasn't safe."

"You gave him up," she says. "He's not yours any more, he's mine. You never deserved him in the first place."
Fucking brilliant, wow. Jess is really right, even if she doesn't know the truth about Sam's past.

I can't wait to read the rest.
Curious6 chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
"Why would he look like people he doesn't seem to want, who don't seem to want him?"
"...Hoping that one day he would have the courage to just walk up to the door and knock (or maybe break in in the middle of the night, that would freak Sam the hell out."
"Sam was the only thing in her world, and he couldn't fault her for that."

Lovely story so far. I love how Dean's interactions with Jess are far from perfect too. It seems so much more realistic that way. I'm really curious to find out what happened to Sam.
Nemrut chapter 20 . 2/17/2013
Loved it, really intense atmosphere and very gripping interaction. Was that Gabriel, though?

Anyway, thank you for sharing this.
The Quote Bandit chapter 20 . 1/6/2013
I nearly threw my Kindle into the wall that made me so happy.
The Quote Bandit chapter 16 . 1/6/2013
Aaaaaaaaahhhhh I was thinking it could be an angel somehow bit I didn't know how and now I'm completely convinced it is Gabriel from the future possessing Dean or making himself look like Dean comimg back to the beginning to save his own skin (and stop the apocalypse bit that one is not as important).
The Quote Bandit chapter 13 . 1/5/2013
Ohy God
Sam he's seeing what would've happened
along with what is
shit
Fuck.
gah
The Quote Bandit chapter 8 . 1/5/2013
So um
you see that twisted piece of meat that look s like it's been stomped on repeatedly?
yeah that's my heart
The Quote Bandit chapter 2 . 1/5/2013
DAMN STRAIGHT GIRLIE.
The Quote Bandit chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I am excite.
This seems like a pretty awesome beginning of a fic.
Neosatsuma chapter 20 . 11/27/2012
This makes me so, so, SO happy. The ending is absolutely perfect; watching that blasted semi go by in my mind's eye is about the best ever. I'm SO glad that this story has a happy ending. I was worried for a long time that it was going to be tragic, that Sam wouldn't be able to stop what started it all, that Jess was still going to burn. I wish we got to know more about what happens afterwards- if Sam ever manages to slip fully back into this reality and shut out the other, if Jess stays with the Winchesters or if she and Sam try to have a "normal" life, but at the same time, the ending really is perfect.
These are some of my favorite bits from the last few chapters:

"They can't figure out what the thing was (demon, John says, like he doesn't hear any of their counter-arguments), and they can't figure out if it did anything to Sam. When she asks him about that night (because Dean refuses and John is never the best person to ask anyone anything), his answers are vague and contradictory." I love your characterization of John, and his never being the best person to ask anyone anything makes me chuckle. Very true.
"And OK, yeah, all he had to go on was Sam's freakish ramblings, and Sam was crazy, but Dean figured they were all pretty damn crazy by now, and he was totally planning on coming up with a way of justifying hugging Dad, except he didn't need to, because then Dad was hugging him, and Dean took a second to just feel how solid Dad was (he'll be OK he knows what he's doing he's Dad) and then it was gone, and Dad was hugging Jessica, who looked kinda like she'd been jumped by a bear and didn't know whether to fight or play dead for a second, and then hugged back. And yeah, OK, this was kind of surreal. "Take care," said Dad, letting go of Jessica and turning away. "I'll see you soon." He stopped halfway back to the truck, looked back, and Dean knew what was going to come out of his mouth before he even opened, could have freakin mouthed the words along with him. "Look out for Sammy," said Dad. "I will," said Dean." I was not at all expecting John to hug Jess, but she really is as close as anyone's ever gotten to being a Winchester without being one, and this scene is just one giant Crowning Moment of Heartwarming. (And looking like she'd been jumped by a bear, ha! Your skill with these comparisons is Rowling-esque.)
"And then Dean's moving, they're all moving, it's all a blur of heat and shadows and the baby crying against her shoulder and concentrating on not falling down the stairs and not breathing too deep, and there's a man now, too, Dean's growling something, but she ignores him, ignores them all, she's focussed on getting the baby out the door, because there's a life in her arms and twenty-three years ago this was Sam." You're writing's so poignant, the way you just say things, and this is one of those times where the reader just sort of gets smacked with it. "And twenty-three years ago this was Sam." *smack* :O
"But what if isn't her territory, she doesn't see the what if, not the way Sam does, and she takes a moment to close her eyes and be grateful, because if second-guessing is this terrifying then how much worse must second-knowing be?" Second-knowing. Your words! They are awesome!

And now I continue the hunt for more of your incredible stories! :D
Neumzie chapter 20 . 9/14/2012
not-dean is gabriel, isnt it? good ending battle, very exciting!
Neumzie chapter 15 . 9/13/2012
IM SO FUCKING CONFUSED!
Neumzie chapter 11 . 9/12/2012
i dont understand how they cant see a connection between sams crazy and his sudden leaving all those months ago
Neumzie chapter 8 . 9/12/2012
right in the fuckin feels!
476 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »