Reviews for The Crow on the Cradle
Curious6 chapter 9 . 5/16/2013
"What...?" says Dean, but he doesn't finish the question, and she thinks that he's summed up the last six months in a single word.

This Sam makes me want to claw my face off, Jesus XD.
Curious6 chapter 8 . 5/16/2013
"Sam looks around and then lowers his voice even further, and she wonders suddenly if he can even see them at all, she and John, two shadows hovering at the edge of this scene, two people watching a relationship that they were afraid to touch."

Ahhh, so wonderful. I don't know how you managed to keep me and the characters so still on-edge with Sam back, but it's working. Damn, I'm impressed.
Curious6 chapter 7 . 5/16/2013
"A moment later he's gone, and she's left alone with her thoughts and the man whose son she once thought she was going to marry."
Oh, shit, Jess has a fake credit card and they're all sharing a room to save money. Shit's official now. Also, I like how you're keeping us up with how long Sam's been gone. I feel like I'm getting weathered down with them, like I can FEEL the months passing. This is so crazy that's he's been gone for this long though. I thought they'd find him in a month, tops.

"He'd carried Sam out of the house that night, and he hadn't stopped carrying him for eighteen years, hadn't stopped until Sam struggled out of his arms and pushed him away."
My fucking bleeding HEART, you're killing me.
Curious6 chapter 5 . 5/16/2013
Also wanted to say -you do a really good job of portraying John. I feel like we didnt't get enough insight into how he was in the show, but the dark aura and quiet observing fits him really well.

"She wants to believe that Dean can make everything right; but Dean isn't her brother, he's Sam's."
Exactly, man. You have so much patience while writing each chapter. Idk if that's a good way of describing it, but I mean most stories have boring chapters that'd make you want to skip ahead until you find Sam, you know? Each chapter here is so meaningful though, and Jess's interactions with John and Dean are so painfully perfect.
Curious6 chapter 4 . 5/16/2013
"He's stopped moving now, is standing still, or as still as she imagines he ever gets, his hands clenching and unclenching at his sides, bouncing slightly on the balls of his feet. She thinks about Sam, about how Sam was the quiet centre of the whirlwind of her life, how he could sit concentrating for hours and never move a muscle. They're so different, these brothers."
They're so different, yet still so in synch :). And, God, I love how you portray Dean being vulnerable because everyone always portrays him as being macho and composed, which is accurate, but when shit starts happening to his brother, he gets a little crazy.

"She doesn't need fixing. She needs Sam."
She and Dean have so much in common, even if it's just because of Sam.
Curious6 chapter 3 . 5/16/2013
(God, he's chewing gum, Sam's been gone fifteen days and this guy's just standing there chewing gum).

This is so great. Isn't that what people who are grieving go through?
Curious6 chapter 2 . 5/16/2013
"She wonders why it is that Sam takes his coffee with pretty much every additive he can find, until sometimes it's hard to even tell it's coffee under all the foam and syrup; she wonders if Sam has anything in common with his family at all."

"(maybe oh God because they think she'll be attracted to him). If that is the plan, it's backfiring – she trusts him less every moment."
I love this because eeeeveryone's naturally attracted to Dean but it only seems more natural that Jess and Sam are only right for each other.

"But normal wasn't safe."

"You gave him up," she says. "He's not yours any more, he's mine. You never deserved him in the first place."
Fucking brilliant, wow. Jess is really right, even if she doesn't know the truth about Sam's past.

I can't wait to read the rest.
Curious6 chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
"Why would he look like people he doesn't seem to want, who don't seem to want him?"
"...Hoping that one day he would have the courage to just walk up to the door and knock (or maybe break in in the middle of the night, that would freak Sam the hell out."
"Sam was the only thing in her world, and he couldn't fault her for that."

Lovely story so far. I love how Dean's interactions with Jess are far from perfect too. It seems so much more realistic that way. I'm really curious to find out what happened to Sam.
Nemrut chapter 20 . 2/17/2013
Loved it, really intense atmosphere and very gripping interaction. Was that Gabriel, though?

Anyway, thank you for sharing this.
The Quote Bandit chapter 20 . 1/6/2013
I nearly threw my Kindle into the wall that made me so happy.
The Quote Bandit chapter 16 . 1/6/2013
Aaaaaaaaahhhhh I was thinking it could be an angel somehow bit I didn't know how and now I'm completely convinced it is Gabriel from the future possessing Dean or making himself look like Dean comimg back to the beginning to save his own skin (and stop the apocalypse bit that one is not as important).
The Quote Bandit chapter 13 . 1/5/2013
Ohy God
Sam he's seeing what would've happened
along with what is
shit
Fuck.
gah
The Quote Bandit chapter 8 . 1/5/2013
So um
you see that twisted piece of meat that look s like it's been stomped on repeatedly?
yeah that's my heart