Reviews for Don't Promise Me a Happy Ending
whirlpoolfishcake chapter 38 . 3/21
Okay time for some real talk. I highly suggest completely rebooting this story. This started off really really good up until the point where Itachi takes Naruto to the Uchiha hideout, and then the story become incomprehensible. There are a lot of inconsistencies in the plot, and I think that's due in part of when you started writing this, which says 2006. Itachi's character in the first half of the story up until the point I mentioned above is completely different to the Itachi after, because when you started writing in 2006, the naruto series was wrapping up and shippuden was just starting, and Itachi was and continued to play an antagonistic character for another couple of years. The way you wrote Itachi's character in his perspective still reflected the part of an antagonist. His thoughts towards Naruto and Sasuke were aggressive and antagonistic as it would be shown from a villains point of view, not once hinting to his devotion to his younger brother. Its understandable because we were clearly all unaware of the plot behind Itachi's character, however instead of continuing to write him from that perspective, and letting us see the gradual change in him, the output of new information we gained in the series conflicted with how you decided to write the story, and Itachi went from luring Naruto into striking a deal to easily get the strongest tailed beast, (which also confuses me because Akatsuki at this point only had a few tailed beasts including Gaara, so why would they brand Itachi a traitor for easily securing them the strongest Bijuu who will willingly go to his death in a little over six months' time? Also Itachi was rarely shown without Kisame, even in the pre-Shippuden episodes, so where was his partner in all this?), with negative thoughts of Konoha, to almost instantly becoming the devoted, loyal Konoha shinobi as in canon. I'm still not sure why itachi had dropped the illusion at the wedding to begin with, but I really don't see him blowing his cover so publicly for the sake of pissing off his brother, especially if he was initially injured By Akatsuki in the beginning, I would have assumed they would be out to kill him considering the information he no doubt had, and I wouldn't think Madara/Pein/whoever you deemed in charge of Akatsuki at the time would tolerate a traitor and would do anything to see them dead. All in all, it doesn't make any sense for Itachi to do.

And Naruto. I didn't have much of a problem with him until about the same point mentioned at the beginning, and what really irritated me was how after months of doing stressing how important his babies' survival is, all of a sudden we're expected to believe that a man in his 7th month of pregnancy to septuplets is going off to fight the leader of Akatsuki because a couple of people died? And if Naruto had a messed uo chakra systen because of the pregnancy, and couldnt even do a kage bunshin which is essential to the rasengan, how the hell is he supposed to fight? I've seen pictures of the Octomom's and the Kate plus 8 pregnancy pictures, and they are literally ginormous, that even in a fictional world it's ridiculous to expect readers to believe someone that large in pregnancy would even be able to move like Naruto would have to without miscarrying. Like getting thrown down by Pein and being stabbed would had to have caused series damage to the babies, There's just no believing he came out unscathed like that.

I'm also slightly bothered by how Sakura hasn't shown aNY re processions during her pregnancy with the amount of stress that's built up with her becoming completely ostracized from Her friends since getting engaged to Sasuke.

Also writing wise, from when itachi revealed how he killed the uchihas under orders to Jiraiya and after honestly was impossible to read in general. trying to visualize what was going on was near impossible, and you seemed to have jumped from character to characters's point of views during battle sporadically and without any indication that were supposed to be seeing things from a different perspective. There was also no sense of where a character is supposed tobbe, i dont recall a lot of description of the surrounding environments, and the last 5 chapters or so at least, were told in a very fast paced, yet uninformative style. Again, i think a lot of that was due to the writing structure (for example, I didn't even know that one of the babies was defective, and the explanations of the sealing didn't make much sense.) I think you were going for a Third-Person limited narrative with the inclusion of clear breaks/transitions between when a character has finished their narrative, but instead went for a rough Omniscient third-person narration.

Basically, I think once a lot of information came out in the series about the characters and plot, you immediately clinged to those characterizations and incorporated them into your own story that disrupted the flow of your characterization, and threw off the rest of the story. I'm not trying to bash this story and your writing, because I really really was into this since finding it last night and reading non stop, but so many things happened at once that felt like I was reading a different story than what I started. This is the first review ive written for a fic in at least 8 years. I really enjoyed where this was going but needed to offer coNstructive cristicism because the quality dropped so abruptly that it didnt make sense to me. This is all I can think of right now, but If you decided to rewrite this story, I would gladly beta it for you in the future!
SupernaturalHearts chapter 1 . 2/12
Love your story and I'm so happy you didn't kill Itachi. I must say though most of the time I am on the fence about Sasuke. It's a love/hate relationship but here you make me hate him with a burning passion. Good Job. Can't wait to read more.
mirian chapter 38 . 2/6
me gusta mucho puedes hacer que Naruto tenga hijos con Itachi por favor
Ninetails69NarutoXMina chapter 1 . 2/4
I remember I read this last year and fell in love good job you brought me pure happiness
kamui5 chapter 38 . 12/22/2014
Please update soon :)
Hinatauchiha1 chapter 34 . 11/14/2014
Noooooo why is itachi dead now how are we going to have itanaru
Guest chapter 38 . 11/5/2014
Please please please update soon :3
Jaylea Nyx Felesian chapter 38 . 8/27/2014
To be bluntly honest, I began to dislike the chapters after Naruto began to fight Pein. As a pregnant ninja, his chakra was supposed to be compromised right? I remember you saying that fighting would be easiest in the second trimester so I don't think that him fighting, and winning against Pein so late in his pregnancy was very plausible. Also, I'm glad that you stopped with the long Author Notes, that really annoyed me for some reason. I suppose I'll continue reading, because I'd like to see how ItaNaru plays out. Hopefully you don't take offense that I preferred the beginning of the story over where it stands now.
Farenheit July chapter 38 . 8/25/2014
At first I think SasuNaru is best xD
But as chap going on I hate Sasuke!
Really, he was sick bastard :"

And I love the idea of ItaNaru. Itachi more gentle than Sasuke, Naruto deserve to be happy :')

The plot is overhelming, I love
But this just my feel that Itachi is change. He seem look Naruto as his little brother, he dislike naruto for being selfish. But what Naruto do is common for a mother,right? :"
Every mother must want their child to live and have a chance to se world even if it isn't so beautiful. And Itachi for his selfihness think Naruto is so selfish (it's naruto first time to be selfish don't he?)
It seem Itachi is still love Shisui and he just starve being love, so when naruto so willingly giving him love he take that (poor Naruto).
Please don't make Itachi being bastard in this fict T-T
I know this fict likes it tittle "Don't promise me a happy ending" that maybe Naruto not happy end :"
At least don't make him suffer again QwQ
Please author-san

By the way is Naruto baby going to die? OAO
Tsunade said that Sharingan can make it host to die :"D
Or you gonna make Sakura baby die? .o

I love this fict
Thanks for make a great fict .
lilith dracul chapter 38 . 5/12/2014
Oh can't wait for the next chapter!
Patricia.sandell chapter 38 . 5/8/2014
Please continue. :) This story is great!
AiMila chapter 38 . 5/4/2014
Wow...a lot of shit has happened right? Andsasu still doesnt know he has 7 kids with our favorite blond. Not for nothing but awesome job on making sasu a psycho killer and deep in the world of crazy
NaruShika-Forever chapter 38 . 5/4/2014
I'd love to see the next chapter! And, did Jugo and Suigetsu come to Konoha?
yumenohime-sama chapter 38 . 4/29/2014
Wow, you have an interesting story here..:O I wonder if Sasuke will get better, and everything turns normal...I dont really get the story for the earlier chapter where Sasuke was cheating on Naruto..other that that, i find this story nice and unique! Love it!
TigrezzTail chapter 38 . 4/28/2014
Well at least everyone is making progress. Well maybe not Sasuke, but oh well, right?