Reviews for Hickory Hill
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
nice fanfic
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
I really really liked this story. Like a lot. :)
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I really liked this, nice short ghost story :)

"Dean made a disgusted face, the sort he normally reserved for disco music or small, yippy dogs" - heh

"Sam cleared his throat and attempted - with zero success, in Dean's opinion - to look manly and grown-up and not at all like a ginormous jail-bait magnet" - ha! love it

I like that the oujia board was the key to summoning and banishing the ghosts as well as Sam's little trips to Olivia

I'm glad they came back to help Olivia, and let her know what happened to her baby
peregrin chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
this was the best fanfic i think i've ever read.

the sheer continued quality for such a length and the superbly accurate banter/relationship between the brothers made this story a mile ahead of the rest. it was engaging and entertaining, sweet and terrifying and... fantastic.

thank you! if only others could reach this calibre.
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Great story - you have the Sam/Dean banter spot on.
Cissy Lynn chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
I really enjoyed the originality behind this story. I am from around Springfield, IL and one of my friends from high school lived in an old house where they used to keep slaves and I seen it one time and freaked. This story brought me back to that moment and I loved every second of it. You had the humor RIGHT ON. I really loved the story.

I plan on reading more of your fic...:)
nocturnal08 chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
ha! Nice ending. Well written story. I enjoyed it a lot!
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
WOW, what a treat! Thank you for posting an enire story on one page. You've spoiled me, you know. *wink*

This story was recommended to my by Kati K and I'm glad I read it. I love the completeness of this case story, the owies and angst to both boys, the wit, the thought you put into the backstory, even the original characters were brilliant. What a magnificant job, my friend. And major bonus points for making Sam bleed. *grin*

Looking forward to your next story,

SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
"Admit it, or I'll hug you."

"Liar. You wouldn't hug a man with a busted shoulder."

"No? Come here, you big lug..."

"Argh!" Dean backpedaled out of arm's reach with startling speed. "All right, all right, I admit it! Get away from me, you perv."

"See, that wasn't so difficult."

"Oh, shut up."

ROFL1 Yeah, that was a very Winchester reaction/ending. Great story with some great detail.
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
I loved this story! What a wonderful, long, well-planned tale. My only complaint - if you can call it that - is that I didn't get an opportunity to send you periodic reviews:) The consequence of that is this one long one!

You are so funny! You have the boys' banter down just perfect, and their internal dialog also. These are my favorites:

Dean had done a great many insane things in the course of a misspent life, but at least he'd never attempted to keep a semi-sentient incorporeal entity as a household pet.

Dean smirked while Sam cleared his throat and attempted - with zero success, in Dean's opinion - to look manly and grown-up and not at all like a ginormous jail-bait magnet.

Pick a power and stick with it, dude."

Holy Cow, you've got a way with the action writing, too:

Somebody cried out - maybe himself, maybe Sam, he wasn't sure - and everything went black and still.

Sam really thought his brother needed to be lying down in the nearest hospital rather than sitting up in a salt circle in a haunted attic.

Dean gritted his teeth. "Hospital."

The boys were so cute here, Dean with his big elaborate story, and Sam taking charge:

"he crashed his dirt bike"

I think you're channeling Dean:

This is what he'd be like as a lawyer, Dean thought.

"Three minutes," he said. "That's how long you've got before I'm pulling your ghost-whispering ass back to the real world."

But he was fucking well not going to get worked up over it, because you couldn't save a dead person, all you could do was give them an extra push in whatever direction they'd been heading in before they got stuck.

"Would you rather go look for some unbaptized babies?"

She may have talked with Sam like a normal person out on the astral plane or wherever the fuck it was, but here she was like any other ghost, trapped in the loop of her dying obsession.

"I wasn't worried." Dean stomped down the stairs behind him, steel-toed boots thumping heavily on the wooden steps. It was, Sam thought, a remarkably reassuring sound. "You just have an inflated opinion of your own importance, that's all."

As you can tell, I really enjoyed this story, and I'm looking forward to reading some more of your work:) Thank you for posting it.

Ciya chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
Great story. Would make an excellent epi. Just watching Dean's facial espressions because he has to sit back and not be able to do anything would be hilarious.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
I lack the words to do that story justice. Seriously, that would make SUCH a good episode! I really wish Kripke could read it! Well-written, the boys in perfect snarky character, a great story that actually made sense and a genuinely creepy villain... Superb.
sams1ra chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Wow. That was a really really long story to read all in one chapter. But it was totally worth it. I felt sorry for Dean for not killing something or lighting something on fire... lol

Good story, and the brotherly banter was awesome!
friendly chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
that was really really good.. great job..
mcatB chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
I'm only about half-way through - but I'm really enjoying the story - especially the brotherly banter. Looking forward to reading the rest later on.