Reviews for in spite of me
seejayy chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
Wow, this was really cute and Ryan's such a sob! Its cool to see others like to imagine that Ryan likes Kelly more than he lets on - she deserves it. Thanks for writing!
1000GreenSun chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Aww, that was adorable ((:
peyote-angels chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Favourite story ever, basically.
KRiSTiNEDAHLiNG chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
this has to be one of the funniest stories i've ever read. i swear i was laughing out loud the whole time. i love this couple so much. it helps that they are so dysfunctional. ryan is such a tool and you write him so well. i don't know. i just really loved this. oh and that ending with creed was priceless. creed is such a freak. one of my favorite lines from the office ever is: "even for the internet it's pretty out there." haha. anyway thank you for writing this.
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
That was really good! The part about Kelly's sister especially.
eternallycharmed chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
Aw, that was so cute. I loved the last part, where Bill the camera guy admitted that they were "pretending" that Ryan didn't really like Kelly. Yeah, all of us Kelly/Ryan shippers just hope that's true because they are so cute together.
XMarisolX chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
This is probably the greatest Ryan/Kelly fic in existence.
hanakinstarbuck chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
I really, really loved it. I do wish there were more Kelly/Ryan fics on But I'm glad that you put this up. It describes Kelly and Ryan to a tee. Awesome. :D
katie chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
This was a great story! Ryan was actually portrayed how he is. Keep writing ones like this!
Scripted Starlet chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
really cute. way to give ryan depth and help explain the crazy kelly transformation
Aracalien chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
Aw. Ryan can be kind of sweet sometimes, can't he? It's great how you write Ryan completely in character and at the same time show a side of him that's not on the show. But it works. Good job.
Rhaen chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
This is absolutely amazing! You wrote Kelly and Ryan perfectly, the type of language they use, the expressions, everything! I loved it. I really do think Ryan likes her, he's just hesitant to show it. Your story really expressed this angle and I loved it! Great job!
everything you lost chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
This made me happy. Very, very happy. :)
BellaMonte chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
You are, by FAR, the best Kelly/Ryan author that I have yet to uncover. I, too, am completely in love with this couple from The Office, followed closely by Dwight/Angela. Finding quality fanfiction that could very well pass for scripts of the show, while waiting the week over for another half-hour episode is very difficult. But let me just say, your writing is INCREDIBLY satisfying. I loved this story for the following reasons:

1. You capture Kelly wonderfully, and Ryan PERFECTLY. I honestly hadn't had as much insight into his character/motivations until I read this and realized "that makes a lot of sense for why he stays with her, he's a conflicted soul that is a commitment phob." :)

2. The little clips of scenes here are adorable and fit "The Office" atmosphere. These are great fillers for the lack of Ryan/Kelly we get on the show.

3. My utmost favorite scene here is when Ryan gets freaked out (in his unadmitting, Ryan-way) at thinking Kelly's going out with someone else by cancelling plans, only to discover she's sick. What a great way to show Ryan (and your readers!) the actual depth of his feelings when he's put to the test of having HER cancel on HIM, and his reaction to it.

PLEASE keep writing. I love your Dwight/Angela as well, I'm still oogling over the joy of finding a great "Office" fanfiction writer and I like to give comprehensive reviews, so give me time to review the others. Your Kelly/Ryan has me so moved, I hope you continue to produce these wonderful stories.

In FACT, suggestion/request: I am more of a LotR writer, I don't think I have the ability to get into the Office characters heads as well as you. That scene you have here with Ryan suspecting Kelly is dating someone else is giving me an idea for a story, in which a new character (or Andy? lol) starts making a play for Kelly and really likes her, with Kelly being oblivious/or deliberately encouraging (to spite Ryan perhaps) and Ryan's having to force himself to admit his feelings, and perhaps fight a bit for her.

Cheesy? Perhaps. But if any writer could pull off a good story or snippet of a story for it, I think it would be you. I give it to you as an idea, I'm hopeless myself at trying to write any of the Office characters.

So let me just say again GREAT JOB, you have an adoring fan here. :)
Sour Schuyler chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
Aw! NICE JOB! - It was really cool. Lotsa spoilers, I guess, but still awesome.