Reviews for War of the Worlds
Raichu chapter 4 . 6/7/2009
Wow. So Digimon are that tough to beat!

I think you wrote this and the previous chapter pretty well. I was quite absorbed and I could feel my emotions rise.

Again, a technicality. The hole would not be light years from earth. That would be too far and would take many years to reach earth. If they want to attack quickly, then a mere million miles or so would be enough.
Raichu chapter 2 . 5/30/2009
Second chapter is nice and suspenseful. You have presented the problem although the protagonists are not yet identified (but that's OK).

Again, I think there are some flaws in the details. For example, where did the second shotgun come from, and why would Oak have a shotgun anyway? You have presented no reason why the men's deaths would be attributed to suicide. In fact there would be evidence to strongly suggest otherwise.

I'll keep reading.
Raichu chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
I appreciate that this was written some years ago, so please take these comments with that into consideration.

I like it as a prologue. We'll wait and see how the rest of the story pans out. The only problem I see with it is that you've included all this science but it's full of scientific errors. Good science fiction can have this kind of science in it, but it has to be accurate.

E.g., safe entry into the atmosphere is due to factors such as entry angle and speed. If it's wrong, it will either burn up or bounce off into space. It is not related with presence of smog which is pretty much a surface phenomenon and has nothing to do with the upper atmosphere. The impact you describe would probably cause quite a significant explosion. The object would have a huge speed and the law of conservation of momentum would come into play here.

Another point is the rule that I often tell people, "say what you mean".

E.g., you say, "Its programming dictated that the atmosphere ... was approximately equal in chemical composition..." Programming does not dictate the earth's atmospheric composition. It might dictate that a probe analyse the composition, or dictate how to analyse it, but the probes programming cannot dictate what is in the earth's atmosphere.

In fact what you say is not what you mean at all. What you mean is, maybe, "Using its preprogrammed analysis module, it determined that the atmosphere... was approximately equal..." or something like that.

Other than that, the idea so far sounds good. I'm curious to see what happens next.

Hope this helps.
NotQuiteHuman01 chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
this is a good fic it is cool and makes sense i haven't finished it yet but i think the digimon are to powerful they should be equal in power to some of the strong pokemon or weaker because pokemon have moves, and power boosting items
ChocolateTeapot chapter 21 . 3/22/2009
Really good ending chapter. It’s pretty sad. I liked how you handled the memories and also your mention of the novels.

“Three of the seven people died eventually, of natural causes.” That actually raises more of a question of why the other four didn’t die. I know that this part is set 30 years after, but it still sounds strange. Perhaps “had died” would be better than eventually.

Could you tell me which seven people? Because, going by what seems to be the logic, I wind up with quite a few more. Not a massive number, but more than seven.

I also enjoyed that you mentioned the Machokes doing “normal” work.
HitokiriHERO chapter 21 . 3/20/2009
While it is a great ending, it is a little confusing. But, that's just me. Great story!
animedynasty chapter 21 . 3/20/2009
Hmm...I didn't manage to guess who died and who lived in the first part of the story, although it feels like I should've known who was "chronically depressed". The ambiguity (use of pronouns instead of names) was well-executed, though: it kept me wondering what happened to who without getting too frustrated.

It's a bit disappointing that Ash was only with May for...a few years (?) and only saw her after they realized their feelings for like a minute _ hm. I guess this story is the epitome of "unsung heroes": without them, the world would've gotten screwed over (excuse the language), but nobody knows what they did. Anyways! Great story - it's been an amazing ride. I hope to follow another of your stories sometime!
HitokiriHERO chapter 20 . 3/13/2009
One of the more heart twisting chapters in this story. And again, near flawless story.

I say near flawless, because I am pretty sure Celebi is spelt with a 'c', not an 's'.

It's your story, though, so you can make the appropriate change.
animedynasty chapter 20 . 3/13/2009
Well, if I typed everything that I thought while I read this chapter in this comment box, it would take a long time to read.

Anyways, your description of "time" was interesting - envisioning it as a sphere of threads actually kind of makes sense after a while, in an odd sort of way. May was like a Digidestined...? That revelation seemed a bit sudden to me: up to this point, the only thing that was 'different' about her was her robotic limbs, or so I thought. Well, she did do a lot...anyways, moving on.

I tried to avoid talking about most of my time quandry-related questions, but if May 'never existed', how do Ash and co. remember her? It would make sense if they themselves were taken back to a previous time from the Digimon world, but... ah, who cares? Amazing update (and beastly fast, too)! It's been my pleasure to follow this story.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 20 . 3/13/2009
Really good. Time paradoxes always strike me as pretty hard to do well, but you managed to solve yours without it getting confusing. But I think in English it’s spelled “Celebi”.
HitokiriHERO chapter 19 . 3/12/2009
Now that's what you call a cliffhanger. Excellent work again! I hope to continue reading your stories in the near future.
Sparkly Emerald chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
This should be in the Pokemon/Digimon crossovers section. That's what it was made for that's where this should go.
animedynasty chapter 19 . 3/12/2009
I'm enjoying this split-universe action, although I really don't want to start thinking about time paradoxes right now (shouldn't May and Misty's actions already have been apparent, if they're "in the past"? and other troublesome stuff).

You've got an interesting explanation for the creation of Digimon, too - it would make sense if they were made to replace sterile animals/human beings (unless this is a part of the Digimon storyline that I've missed).

Great job! Keep up the good work.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 19 . 3/12/2009
Pretty good chapter. The description was really good at times. I liked how Clockmon turned back time during the battle.

Why would Sabrina teleport and stay ahead in really dangerous territory? I could understand just scouting, but standing on your own makes you a by far more vulnerable target, and I think she would have realised that.

Also, if this is the first season, I think Ash and Brock’s reaction to being told about Mewtwo would be, “Who?”
ChocolateTeapot chapter 18 . 2/26/2009
Pretty good. The battles were very exciting, as always. I felt that the Electrode trainers were convinced by that logic a bit too easily, through.