Reviews for Gifts and Wrappings
Avid Vampire Hunter chapter 1 . 3/10
I really like this one too! My Erik/Christine feels are on fire! :D

Seriously, though. I really love the way you write. You have such a solid understanding of POTO that I'm jealous! I really like it when you write "canon" stories as well. It's so hard for me to read anything but!

Erik is so adorable! As much as I want Christine to accept him I do understand that the mask would be a little creepy. I don't mind his face though. If I were her, I'd cut my losses and live in Erik's kingdom of music and darkness and devotion! And the PASSION! OMYGAWSH HE LOOVES HEEER!

*clears throat* But yeah. Definitely going to add this one to favorites as well. I cannot get enough! ;)

*hugs* Avi
very very good and compleate
BadassSyd chapter 4 . 1/24
This short story was so adorable and cute I love E/C pairing so much. :)
russomaha chapter 2 . 12/29/2014
I consider myself one the lucky few, who gets to enjoy your stories for the first time TWICE. One time while reading it, of course, but then, while translating them I get to re-live and savour them anew. It’s fascinating to see how the story comes to life in your own mother tongue, unfurling under new light.
Unfortunately, not every story is fit for translation. The structures of our languages are just too different. But your personal style of writing transfers extremely well into Russian. You don’t have Slavic roots, by any chance?
Anyway, I mean to say I’m having a great time with your story (ooh, that sounds obscene!) Thank you for providing me with such a fantastic translation material and all of us – with reading one. You’re a truly wonderful author. Keep sharing your fantasies, they're fascinating!
russomaha chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
First of all, I’ve adored the interaction between the Persian and Erik. ‘Permanently borrowed’? Brilliant! Our Erik is not the kind of person who steals, he just borrows. Permanently. You know, books, pretty opera singers, other men’s engagement rings…
And then his momentary confusion, when he didn’t quite understand whether Christine came to him willingly or he somehow managed to force her into it? It did the weirdest thing to my heart, wrenching and warming it simultaneously.
And that final part about house on the lake? Such a beautiful, elegant ending (wrapping, eh?) Short, simple and meaningful, just the way I like it!
But what about that other kiss Christine promised to Erik (and you promised to us)? I’m hardly the only one desiring the sequel! A one-shot, maybe? A drabble? Anything, really. I beg of you, give us that kiss! Pretty please? (Give it to Erik, he deserves it!)
I know, I know, no one should pressure the author. But readers are people, too. Passionate ones, I might add, since we’re reading FAN fiction. Please don’t blame me for trying!
russomaha chapter 3 . 12/29/2014
At first glance the story seems so deceivingly simple, and yet when you think about it, the depth is astounding. I don’t think it’s just ‘a bit of holidays fluff’, as you put it yourself. (I know, who I am to argue with the author herself?! But then again, every reader sees in the story something of their own, don’t we?) Well, I see the tale about accepting your destiny. In Russian we have a saying (I’m not sure if a similar one exists in English) ‘The compliant ones are carried by the fate, the stubborn ones are dragged by it’. When you come to accept the circumstances of your life and just go with the flow, not dreaming about impossible. unreachable things, but trying to make the best of what you actually have, life becomes increasingly easy for you. That situation when Christine approaches de Chagny’s servants to pass the letter, the inner turmoil she's experiencing? That’s the moment when she turns from stubborn into compliant one, and things go uphill for her since then. (Well, and for Erik, too! Which, of course, I care much more about :-))
russomaha chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
This story warmed the utmost depths of my heart. I have a soft spot for Christmas and Halloween fan fics, and this one is just… well, for the lack of better words, it’s one of the best I’ve ever read. (And when it comes to reading fan fiction, I’m a pro! :-))
You don’t focus too much on the holiday gew-gaw, but dive straight into the very essence of winter holiday season, which is, as I see it, time when wonders happen. Thank you so much for gracing us with this little, but genuine wonder!
Anon chapter 4 . 8/23/2014
This ficlet is the definition of the word "heartwarming". I can't stop smiling, and I'm not sure if I'm about to cry as well, for no apparent reason.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/17/2014
*loud clapping* BRAVA!
I found out about this story through Tumblr and I absolutely LOVE it.
Thank you for writing this wonderful story!
derrydeb chapter 4 . 11/19/2013
Good story! I always love it when (Leroux/Kay) Erik wins Christine's heart.

I really like your stories. I love how you put a different spin to your POTO fics. It's like you think "outside the box" in the world of phan fics. :)
kana chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
whenever I'm down this fic never fails to cheer me up! I've read it like a million times already! It was also my first poto fic. I owe so much to your writing! Do hope you write some new Christmas phluff this year! :)
revonine chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
I read this ages ago and I'm so very glad to have found it again after so long. Heartwarming and darling. An absolute joy to read.
Rupert Bear chapter 4 . 4/25/2013
Thank you for sharing a beautiful, well written story which I enjoyed reading very much.
AlmostExistentExistentialist chapter 4 . 4/16/2013
You are so good at making me cry. I absolutely adored this story. All the characters were absolutely amazing and I loved its end. Thank you so much for writing this. Sob
Effie Haste chapter 4 . 3/2/2013
Perfect :)

I think this story is my favourite from Christine's perspective. Erik was exquisitely written, but I loved how you wrote Christine as young and inexperienced, but mature in the way that she dealt with her changing feelings towards Erik.

Erik's 'everybody else' mask, as you described it, reminds me of the mask in the Lon Chaney version of the film, which I always found more disturbing than his actual face!

The little glimpses of his sense of humour were also wonderful.

A very touching story (I'll have to revisit it next Christmas!)