Reviews for The Other Side
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Whoa-ho. Now that was some intense inner monologuing there out of Azazel. My goodness. His evil plans don't seem to know any sort of bound. The descriptions were perfect. Made this such a terrible scenario. UGH.
Bloodmoon-Shinigami chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Evil. This is so deliciously evil. I love bad guys who don't hold back, and the YED in this certainly fits that. I'm impressed that it took so long before he finally found a weak moment in Dean.

Poor Dean...and poor Sam for ask those lost children! As sad as it is, this was so well played. Their worst mistake is believing something is dead. Great job on this!
Bloodmoon-Shinigami chapter 1 . 6/17/2012

ccase13 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Dean is still Sammy's mother and they did kill the demon so that this dark future is averted.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
Az chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
You may want to switch the character back to Azazel.
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Ouch. Angsty angst and YED goodness. I liked it, even though it was so hard to 'watch'.
limonade chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
wow. oh my freaking god... that was brilliant and chilling and breathtaking and heartbreaking all at the same time. you are a brilliant writer, and this oneshot was flawlessly written. I can barely express how much I love this... the winchesters survive because they have each other, and to see Sammy all alone makes my soul cry for him. Fantastic job!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
Oh. My. God.

This is... _awesome_. Totally, totally wonderful.

Well done.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
EK! I adored the different perspective of the demon but that ending... Thor thump me with his hammer, but that was extreme in both its excellency and its gasp power. Superb. I repeat: EK!
amy jonas chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
Very dark adn powerful. Very tragic for the boys but I also think you hit on somethung. This paragraph...

I am known for my patience. Among my kind, I am often the slowest to act—not out of some lack of conviction, but because I can see all the threads in the tapestry. My plans are complex. Schemes I hatched at the beginning of time are just now taking their first steps toward fruition.

I've always thought all the events in the series were just that...intertwined thread in a very complex plan. Seriously brilliant stuff here and shows just how dangerous the Demon is.

Amy
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Wow, I repeat, WOW! I thought your other fic "Still Standing" was dark. That was a walk in the park compared to this one. And you posted this on Christmas Eve? Enough of my chiding.

I LOVED this fic. You have a vivid imagination and the creative talent to pull it off. Such an interesting concept - the demon getting his revenge on the Winchesters. The words. They drew me in immediately as you created a visual that broke my heart. When I thought I couldn't feel sorrier for anyone than I felt for Sam, you whammied me with Dean. Oh my Lord, a fate truly worse than death - to be possessed by the very demon that took their mother and that they hunted all their lives. Dean's total helplessness, slowly going insane. That's strong stuff there.

You have written an extremely powerful story. I could not read it without feeling it. I really like your style of writing - very crisp, wonderfully visual. I felt as though I stood in that cemetery with them. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. I'll be looking forward to more of your stories.
kewing chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Oh, no, no, no. Great story, very powerful but poor Dean...
comeawayeasy chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Okay, so...I came over here because of what you mentioned on LJ. I was curious to see how someone would justify a review such as the one you mentioned.

And what I have to say is this. I've never seen an episode of this show. Apparently, I must not even watch whatever channel it's on, because I don't remember ever seeing any previews for it even. I have heard of it, however, and I have seen you and other people on my f-list rave about it.

Based on that, I took a look at Season One on DVD the other day when I was out shopping. I didn't quite convince myself to buy it then, but it's been on my mind ever since, and when that happens...well, let's just say that I think your fanfic here just might've given me the final shove. Seriously, I don't need to add any more must-see TV to my list, but this one keeps cropping up, and I think I'm going to have to give in.

As for the story itself? I think it's fascinating. I like how it's written (as someone else mentioned) from the demon's POV. I think it flowed well, and built to a chillingly powerful ending. But sick and wrong? Psh. Not even.

Nice work. :)

*prepares to buckle up and go add another fandom to the list*
Lamarquise chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
This one deserved a warning. It seemed to be basically okay until pretty close to the end and then you do that to the characters?

Sorry, but that is sick and wrong and I don't want to read about things like that.