Reviews for Just Beyond the Fear
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
A great story. Very well written.
purple kimono chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I read this before (sorry, I didn't review!) and I suddenly wanted to read it again, despite it not being Christmas and I was reminded of Joyeaux Noel. It really is a wonderful movie and is one of my favourites. I must say, you've captured the moment perfectly and converted it to Tolkien's world quite well.
Angela chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Very nice. Even though it is no longer Christmas, it is still touching...stinging. A source of great hope at any time of the year.
jewelledhunter chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
I found this amazing...The experience of those World War Two soldiers was profound and the way you incorporated it into this story (with Faramir, no less!) is stunningly beautiful. Beautiful. I've added this to my C2!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Touching and a nice idea. Josef Moehr, a German minister wrote Silent Night
Aelaer chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Beautiful... it gave me the goosebumps. Absolutely beautiful.
Cokusan chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Great one-shot! I like the way you describe the fear!
YoukoElfMaiden chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Have you seen the movie Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)? It's a gorgeous movie about just this topic. Very very nice, this was a great idea!
lostinterestsorry chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Oh yes, I well know of this incident. There is a heartbreakingly sad song that tells the whole story. I believe it's called "Christmas in the Trenches" and my favorite rendition is by an Scotts-Irish singer (John McDermott) on an album called "If Ye Break Faith" - anyways, it's a beautiful song about this very real and ultimately tragic break in the war. When the commanders found what had happened, they quickly put an end to it. You told the story beautifully and I appreciate that you stayed true to the actual event. Very well done. And certainly, a moment to make us all think.
Ivanolix chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Wow. That was amazing. I had heard the original of that story before, but I love how you made it fit into Middle-earth!
Psalm136 chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS! I remember last year in my US History class we learned about this and its my favorite moment in history, and it proves that even in war, they're not your enemies, they're just your opponents, and they're human as well. This was great, and I love Faramir, so I love it even more!
JadedRainchild chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
that was just amazing.

simply amazing.

actually brought a hint of tears to my eyes.

the writing was great, and the event is just proves that there still is hope for the world i guess.
steelelf chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Awesome. Beautiful. I loved it!
Marchwriter chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
A beautiful and worthy tribute.

Merry Christmas!