Reviews for The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
randomwriting chapter 3 . 1/9/2007
Lovely ending to a lovely story! You did well capturing a little girl's dream first performance and her parent's joy in watching her. The Nutcracker can be magical, indeed. I enjoyed the hair frustration and how the wisdom and patience of Grandma saved the night.

'It now dawned on her that at the tender age of five years old, her little girl was growing up.' Aw. Happens to the best of them.

This was especially poignant, 'Calleigh’s smile faded at the realization that time was moving on for her grandmother, and there would be less and less of her through the coming years. That simply meant that she was going to have to enjoy her for the time remaining.'

'For just that moment, everyone’s spirit had been livened with one simple dance.' Perfect ending. Nicely done. Wonderful visuals.
speedmonkey chapter 2 . 1/9/2007
Aw Timmy so cute as a daddy. I just knew in the beginning of the chapter that he was going to promise that little girl something. lol. Off to read the next chapter.
randomwriting chapter 2 . 12/27/2006
Nicely done. I can't help but love Tim and his confidence in his parenting skills - “I have the skills and determination, I think she will see it my way.” But Calleigh knows him all too well, it would seem - “Uh huh, no bribery, Tim.”

I like how Jayson describes his feelings for Chauncey - 'It was like having a long lost sister that he wished had stayed lost.'

And so Tim remains, snugly wrapped around his little one's finger, exactly where a dad should be. Lovely ending sentence. Just how I'd expect him to feel.
Beaglicious chapter 2 . 12/26/2006
Hey Anni -

I left you a more detailed rave on yahoo, but I just wanted to shoot you a review here as well to let you know how much I'm enjoying this fic, especially the relationship between Tim and his daughter. I'm also going to use this for another Jayson-Chauncey romance appeal!

Can't wait for part 3 -
SincerelyInDenial chapter 2 . 12/26/2006
I know I already gave you a long winded review on the list but I just wanted to say again how much I love this story and cannot wait for the next part! Great job!
speedmonkey chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Aw that was a great start to a well writting story. I'm so glad to see you writing some more. I love your work. But why do I get the feeling that something bad is going to happen? That last sentence just got to me. Hmm...update soon please!
Beaglicious chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Great start, Anni!

Glad to see you doing a sequel to Snowflakes. I just love Sydney, and especially loved the description of her having the "wiggle worms"! So glad to see Cal's cousin and Tim's brother back too; I really enjoyed them the first time around. Can't wait for the rest, and here's wishing you a very merry Christmas!
randomwriting chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Tim with a little girl who has him wrapped around her finger... how perfect! Not to mention his first girl, who also has him wrapped around her finger.

'As long as he had Calleigh and his daughter, who were both mysteriously missing at the moment, his life was complete, lights or no lights.' I can just imagine him thinking that.

'Calleigh being unable to hear nothing else from her daughter about how much she wanted to dance. Not so soon afterwards, she had begun to practice at home, even pulling her father in by using him as a proxy Clara, presenting him with a crown fashioned from aluminium foil and cardboard.' I just love the idea of Tim wearing his pretend crown!

They make a lovely family. Nicely done! I can't wait for the rest. Happy Holidays!
SincerelyInDenial chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Great follow up Anni. I've been anticipating a story from you and alas, it has arrived! What an early Christmas treat (mind you it's 10 til midnight here, heh)!

Just from the little bit of Syd you have given, you can just tell that she's got her father wrapped around her tiny finger.

And I loved this part: "Every year since getting married , he had found himself perched perilously atop his home the first weekend in December, hanging Christmas lights . For some unknown reason, Calleigh favored the festivities that went along with the season, meanwhile, Tim could do without. As long as he had Calleigh and his daughter, who were both mysteriously missing at the moment, his life was complete, lights or no lights."

That was just so sweet and divine. I could just picture Calleigh waking him up and sending him off to do a million holiday tasks. And as much as he'd hate it and grumble, he'd do it any way because he loves her and wants to make her happy.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and if it's not too much to ask, update soon please?