Reviews for Memoirs of a HERC Pilot
RougeBaron chapter 3 . 4/30/2007
Gierling can't give Christian the CMoH in the mess hall! If I were Christian, I would've rejected it too. Man, that's flat-out insulting.

Some facts about CMoH:

1. It's presented by the President, not a general (unless you assume Gierling to be the leader of humanity at that time).

2. It's presented in full military ceremony, not in a mess hall. The news might be delivered in the mess hall. But the presentation had to be in a full military ceremony.

3. Many times the CMoH recipients were awarded not only because of his/her/their bravery and determination, but also because he/she/they saved lives. Audie Murphy received CMoH because he put himself in a burning tank for an hour, shooting at a horde of Heinz, so his friends could withdraw savely [REF: ]. "Snakeshit" Crandall flew 22 flights a day under enemy flaks carrying ammo and bringing back the wounded (watch "We Were Soldiers" to see what kind of man Crandall was). Now, unless I misunderstood your text, I thought Christian lost a lot of men. IMHO it would make it difficult for him to receive CMoH.

Anyway, it's nice of him honoring the deaths. It's the right thing to do.
Kat Wylder chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Wow, Earthsiege? I can't even remeber when I last played that-must've been about ten years. Well, surprise aside, this is looking to be a very interesting story. Nice pacing and detail in the fight. I love well-composed action scenes.
antagonist99 chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Ah, ES2...a formidable game it was, and I played it through more times than I care to remember...

Your story is a great read, I really couldn't help picturing myself sitting in the cockpit and steering that ogre ;)

It wasn't my favourite HERC for no reason in the game :)

I hope you'll update soon, it'd be a shame for the only ES2 fic I know to end up unfinished

(and yes, not everyone knows the game, so I really think RougeBaron has a point when he's saying you should explain the game to your readers...)
cosmicfalcon chapter 2 . 3/17/2007
this is really interesting,do you think you can have it go all the way up to them coming to ZI?
AussieMacca1981 chapter 2 . 2/11/2007
:) I'm loving this story so far...give us more! lol
Panaka chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
There is a battle like this at the end of mechwarrior 4.

Spend the whole mission fighting lite stuff, attack a dropship and after your out of ammo and your armor is damaged a 100 tom mech apears on the field. I hear just about every mech game does something simmilar.

Nice ficlet.
RougeBaron chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Good scene, told with skill and intelligence. We need more writers like you, and hopefully you'll hang around here more often.

A small suggestion: it'll help readers if you explain a little bit about Earthsiege. You don't have to go the entire gamut of history. Just explain what a HERC is, what Promotheus is, what an Ogre look like, etc. These technologies are very different than Battletech/Mechwarrior's (for example: in BTech there is a 'Promotheus' but it's completely different than ES, so readers can be easily misled, although unintentionally).
darkfinder chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
interesting view .
AussieMacca1981 chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Short, sharp and sweet! An excellent first chapter...here's hoping for many more just like it...as long as they don't interrupt the AL arc! lol :)