Reviews for Magical maladies
coolcat12345 chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Great oneshot.I can see Trelawney being totally "I told you so" mode and stealing food to barricade in tower, MacGonagal, determined to hold lessons (that sentence about health is great) and Filch and Norris sneezing together is nice touch.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Why did you write this at all?
Diane chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
You know... It's the kind of thing that I call art and not just fiction.

I like your writing style. A lot. How about you marry me so we can have artist babies?
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Seeing a piece with so many characters so thoroughly in-character is so refreshing. It's enough to make me use "so" three times in a sentence.

Very nice job conveying the story. I think the minimum dialogue works well, allowing the focus to stay on the characters' thoughts and actions. Very amusing, very touching (especially the Hufflepuffs) but not at all saccharine.

My only criticism is slight: you dwell on Luna for too long; she gets too much emphasis compared to the rest of the cast. It was a great view into her personality and I enjoyed it, but it did slow the story's "rhythm" momentarily. Still, it's major nitpicking on my part, which is a clear sign that I really don't have much to complain about.
Deb-lil chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
...I wonder if BAGGE will remember me...

Well, I hope you do, because I have to review this.

As you have proved countless times before, you can take a simple idea and turn it into a great story. I'm pretty sure that like me, most people on this site have never thought of a cold that could wipe out the school.

Reading the reactions of each house or person was pretty funny. I liked the Hufflepuffs best-they chose to take it together. And "acetylsalicylic acid" was a very nice touch. I believe I call that "Aspirin".

Once again, each time I tell myself I'm going to read more on stuff always stands in my way. THIS year, I'm coming round more often to review. I have to.

Keep up the great work, Bagge, and I hope you're doing well

Deb-lil
fledge chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Another beautiful little snippet, even if - or perhaps precisely because - it has no plot whatsoever. Your cameos of our heroes are just lovely, but once again Luna is simply perfect! Sargasso-sea kelpies indeed! and you even manage to raise some sympathy for Marietta, no small feat! And it wouldn't be Filch if the whole state of affairs didn't afford him some pleasure... Perhaps - though it probably doesn't matter - you should have put all the teachers in one paragraph, instead of having Albus at the end and all the rest at the beginning, but that's nitpicking, most likely. I do hope you are not feeling like all of them, at any rate!
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Another great story from you!
BajaB chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Another excellent little titbit, although a bit hard to relate to as I swelter in 36 degrees celcius days that is an Australian christmas.

One thought though, where is Peeves during this time of misery? (hint hint) :)
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Minor typo: you have the numeral 4 in the middle of "improve". But great story: I loved Dumbledore and Luna's reactions the best.

Is there more to come?
Alberix.Silver.Quill chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
When all the searches yield only slash and ansgt filled bad pairings.

When you cannot move without hitting a cross over or a Girl/Boy/Mary Sue (their not human if their perfect)falls into Whatever world you may be focused on..

When you are knee deep in mush and are scrabbling desperately in the dark to find signs of life..decent dialogue.. hell mabye a plot if your feeling lucky..

When it all gets to much and you are slipping into the grey depths of boredom brought on by a rapidly approaching bandwidth limit and an enforced ban on watching anime..You open your favourites and click upon one final link with the last vestiges of your hope and not a little bit of drama, you see there at the top of the page 'BAGGE' and you smile reminiscently at the memory os happy minutes spent reading wonderful stories..

You scroll..

And there in plain black font sits what your disbelieving eyes would deny..A new story! O_O

BAGGE, thankyou so very much for the laughs and I wish you the Merriest of Christmases(Albeit somewhat late ones.)-and the Happiest of New Years.
Possum132 chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Full of gems! A wonderfully playful and accurate look at all the leading characters of the Potterverse - and the sort of thing JKR might have done herself in those earlier, more lighthearted books.
Princess of Brooklyn chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Funny!
Solarius Scorch chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Writing positive reviews for BAGGE almost bocome routine. I mean almost, because there is always something new to compliment! This time it is just sheer Hogwartsness of the story, accurate descriptions of people, this particular feeling that nobody - even JKR Herself, let Her live forever - would write that better. This is simply a real trip to Hogwarts, which of course is a great experience.

As always, brilliant. Simple, but this makes it even better.

PS No, BAGGE doesn't pay me for this. :)

PPS private message: BAGGE, thanks for all the responses to my previous reviews. Few feelings are as satisfactory as being contacted by an artist you adore.