Reviews for Lunar Lando IV: Rogue Commies Rising
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 1/9
So this was too awesome to ever update again? Where is the author after all these years? I pray that he is somewhere out there, defending America's interests against the moon commies.
machievelli chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Posted 29 September 2012, at and the Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but my computer went down again in June of 2012 with a virus. Then in late November kotorfanmedia went down for reasons unknown, so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. I had waited for it to revive, but you on deserve your reviews.

AU: The Commies return, this time to the moon

The piece has serious writing flaws, misspellings, improper terms, even temporal disruptions etc.

First, while Reagan as President was elected in 1980, he didn't take office until 1981. The Berlin Wall did not come down until 1989 and Communism is still alive and well outside the old Soviet Union. Holographic technology was in it's infancy at that time, so no holographic phone.

As for the Iraq war, the first figure you gave, 450 million would be (If I just counted Arabs) everyone living from the Phillipines West to the Pillars of Hercules, and the smaller number given (456,000) is four times what lists. I myself refuse the premise of that site that everyone killed in that conflict is automatically the fault of one side, as claiming a car bomb planted by a terrorist that killed is our fault for being there is a specious argument. By that definition all 70 million odd deaths in WWII are automatically our fault, including everyone killed by the Germans in the concentration camps.
MissNemisisFace chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
This is superb; one of my favorite stories of all time. I wish that you would continue this.
MangoP15 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
The hell?
Everyone ever chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
This is . Seriously, never write anything ever again.
Koneko713 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Oh dear. This is spectacularly bad.

I am a very liberally minded individual, and think that the war in Iraq is horrible, but this just should not exist. Please do not go shoving your political views in everyone's faces, especially not on a site like this that is not even remotely political. A large amount of the traffic here is global. Try to remember that America is not, in fact, the center of the universe, okay?

Have you ever seen Star Wars? No stormtroopers with lightsabers, for one thing. Or Reagan, thank goodness. This only counts as fan fiction in the very loosest sense of the word.

Do you have a spell check on your word processor? Please turn it on. I can't even understand half of this. The best thing about this fic was the dramatic reading, and the various hilarious interpretations of the misspellings.
dijin chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
I agree with my fellow Northern-Irelander below. I tried to be sympathetic in my reveiw about your fic, Pillar of Autumns: Nick of Time, but this time there is little excuse. As someone who is currently doing a History GCSE partially on the Cold War and as a person who has loved Star Wars since the age of three I cannot believe that was posted. It made no sense. For example, if it is the firts in a series why is it Lunar Lando 4. Also, who are these "Elite Commies", why did you make up the bit at the start with lightsaber armed stormies. What in God's name does I want the damn commies of the damn moon! they're a plauge to the cyphils" mean.

Also, I'm no fan of Bush either, but please try not do insert your politicol ideas or those of others into a book/fic that should have no realation at all to politics. Please, look at the reveiw I posted for Pillar of Autumns: Nick of Time and look at some of the points, I don't want to crush an aspiring writer (you probably have more writing talent than me) but please, don't repeat this catastrophe of a fic.
Fen-Wolf chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
... o.o

That was terrible .

"commieunists"

Before you even try to write ANYTHING to do with the Cold War, learn how to spell the main figures. 'Communists'. Don't call them 'commies' when writing unless a character says it, it just makes it seem like you're a few years old.

Also, stop writing political shit. We don't care about your opinion. I'm Northern Irish and i seem to know more about the Cold War then you, and i'm assuming you are American.

Serious question though, where the hell do you get your verbs? Do you just look in the dictionary for a word and then just stick 'ed' or 'ied' on it? I live in the UK, and i've talked with people from Australia, Ireland, America, Canada and even a few african countries. I have NEVER seen anyone write 'badmouthed' or 'grandhanded'. Those are just aweful.
JacktheHack chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
You're kidding me right? NO. you changed the name and posted it agian. Just what the world needs more liberal propogandizing. By the way the "commie" couldn't scream if it got cut in half by a lightsaber. If you want to redeem your self watch FOX and write a new political fanfiction that might have some insight. Sheesh.
Damjan chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
The first words when I started reading: wow.

From the first unexpectadly funny lines to the cliffhanger this story was pretty damn good. Even the misspellings and gramatical errors somehow added to its entertainment value and made it even funnier.

My only possible complaint is that he hasnt written the next chapter ;)
Soulhunger chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
I must admit, there are a coupe of grammatical errors, but nothing that is too distracting.

The plot is genius. I can't really give you any tips here, except keep it up!

And the substitutions for "said" and "asked" are brilliant! It's so monotonous and repetitive to keep reading the word "said", but you found a way to work around it.

Keep writing.