Reviews for In the Absence of Miracles
Amy chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
That was excellent. I love how Sam said "I used to lie to myself about that too"
Ephemera2 chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Aw, Dean! What a beautiful story- I love how you capture Sam's fear, and Dean's struggle to help him accept it. "You don't need me, Sammy," Dean says..."Never have." Priceless and haunting.
freaker chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
way too sad. i always thought that in the episode, what sam would have done if he'd known earlier about the reaper. if he would have let dean be saved anyway...
Child of a Pineapple chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Oh...I love Dean.

Great job!
silverducks chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
One of those day where I run out of adjectives. It was awesome, and the characterization was...perfect.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
The idea of John using black magic to get Mary back rang absolutely true. I felt so sorry for Dean when Layla died. Excelletn story. More please. Loved these missing scenes.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
Very good. You actually mention that Layla dies. I always hoped that somehow she found her miracle.

I like the different scenes and you know, I never really thought about Dean not running, trying to stay away from the Reaper.

Thanks
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
A broken heart is a broken heart. Oh. So true - poor, poor Dean. This was great. It completely filled in the gaps. I need to see that again...

*runs to TV and fetches Season 1 DVDs*

Thanks for writing.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
This was just a wonderful story. So Dean - always willing to save others at the cost to himself. Really liked how you showed that. And that John's primary response was "you're getting noticed." Figures!

I thought you might kill him while saving Layla - thanks for not doing so! Very powerful story; lovely writing. I enjoyed it very much.
EFW chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
That was stunning. Faith is right up there as one of my favorite episodes. But of course, there wasn't enough angst in it to really satisfy! :-)

But this did. Absolutely loved every one. Your writing flows beautifully.
Swanseajill chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
Really excellent series of scenes, beautifully written and a wonderful addition to fill out some of the gaps in the ep. My favourite lines of all:

"You don't need me, Sammy," Dean says, quietly, and it hurts to hear it out loud, but it doesn't make it less true. "Never have."

Sam just looks away, and it's not like him to back down from a fight. After a moment, he says, "I used to lie to myself about that, too."

Terrific.
barkeep chapter 1 . 12/27/2006

That was... perfect.

Just absolutely perfect.

The whole thing was lovely but that exchange *killed* me.

Thank you!
TheLastPromise chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Great fic! It was sort of depressing at the end, but we all need a little bit of saddness in our lives, right? This was wonderful to read, you did a great job writing it:)
324123412341241234123 chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
you should rule the world FOREVER!

Oh my god, that was such a beautiful 'faith' fic! I was on the edge of my chair all the way through it... Oh, how I love the angst...
JustGray chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Very nice. Was led to it by a friend and it didn't disapoint. Would love to read more from you.