Reviews for Hell Hath no Fury
RavenMerc chapter 7 . 7/14/2008
Hi, me again. :) Great story. I like some adventure between heart-shreading angst. You did a great job plotting and writing. And I have to say, I love Sammy wanting to go to Geek Mecca, and Dean annoyingly agreeing.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story!
RavenMerc chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Normally I'd wait to the end to review, but I just loved this bit and had to say so:

'“Remember the first time we heard that song?” Dean asked. “We were staying with Bobby for a few days while dad was hunting? We were playing hide and seek in the garage, and there was Bobby, singing off-key, his crack half-way out of those blue mechanic’s pants he always wore?”

“Great,” Sam complained. “Thanks for reminding me. Now, I have a mental image to go along with the song in my head.”

“I like to share the pain, bro,” Dean replied laughing. With a quick flick of the wrist, Dean turned on the stereo, and Metallica thumped through the speakers.'

*giggle**snicker* That's a great exchange. :) Thanks, even though I'm cringing at the mental image as well.
bhoney chapter 7 . 4/5/2008
Okay, I'm back. :) Lots of great things about this story. You did a good job, it really had the feeling of an episode. Here are some of the things I liked best:

“Committing to one woman, would be a crying shame,” Dean smirked. “For her,” Sam mumbled.

Love the mention of Harvey-it gives me Farscape flashbacks. :)

“What have I told you about staying away from the crazy chicks?”

“The same thing I’ve told you about not pissing off the already angry spirits,” Sam retorted.

Dean mouthed Sam’s words back, mocking him.

Cute!

Thanks for the portrayal of Dean as being smart (Ch. 4) and that Sam recognizes how intelligent he is. I think he gets a bad rap from the demon contingent on the show, as being dumb, but I don't think he is at all.

Speaking of smarts, I loved how Sam figured out the location of the fountain. That boy has some major brains. Loved Dean's reaction.

Wow, can you really tell like that if a woman was pregnant when she died? Would there really be tiny baby bones? I've never heard of that before. If so, that's really sad.

And this bit of insight from Sam was amazing (and somewhat heartbreaking): "His eyes looked tired, and his entire countenance spoke of weariness. Dean wore that expression frequently since their father’s death. The weight of years of responsibility was a burden Dean shouldered easily. However, the addition of their father’s share, and his own guilt left cracks in the foundation of Dean’s soul. Sam looked forward to the day Dean would allow him to pick up his share, and help carry the load." Nice.

Okay, a few more favorite lines:

“Don’t,” Dean chastised severely. “Joke about the upholstery.”

“How about,” Dean replied. “You let me see where you’re hurt, because I’m the oldest and I said so?”

“That’s not how it works,” Sam protested.

“Sure it is, Sammy,” Dean said. “It’s in the big brother handbook.” LOL

As for the ending...I'm so curious. Why was Sam anxious to go to Portland? I get the feeling he played Dean, and it was something more than just the bookstore, aka "geek mecca" :) . But I can't figure out what. Is it something show-related (nothing springs to mind immediately, but season 2 was a little while ago) or something you're going to follow up on in another fic? Don't keep me in suspense, here! :)
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Okay, normally I wait until the end for the review, but I wanted to respond to the AN you left, too. I wanted to say that I, too, love the idea of a mini-vacation for the boys, so this chapter was fun for me. I liked the idea of them snowshoeing and having a snowball fight, a little light-hearted fun, for once.

And I LOVE that you chose a real place for this-I'd never heard the story, but it's really interesting, and definitely seems a little suspicious that the couple moved without any of their stuff. I love true stories like that. Kudos for taking the time to find something "real" for them to investigate, like on the show. And I loved the reference to your last story, with the shower mat remark. LOL

I don't really get why ANY state would make it illegal to pump your own gas, but I know some do. That's always baffled me.

Oh, and I loved this: “Twizzlers,” Sam replied a wide grin cracking his face. “They make mouths happy.”

“I let you watch entirely too much t.v. when you were a kid.”

Too funny!
lauriena chapter 7 . 8/20/2007
hehe i love the end of sam wanting to go to geek mecca and your interaction between the two brothers
carocali chapter 7 . 7/28/2007
Great story! I love the bits of research and knowledge you've sprinkled in this tale - you can't pump you own gas in Oregon? How bizarre. Wonderful job of taking actual events and bringing them with a new twist

And Geek Mecca? Awesome. I think that Powell's is a chain... we have one in Chicago. It's very cool and certainly a Sam place to go. Who knows?

Thanks for sharing!

;D

Caroline
Kelly chapter 7 . 6/16/2007
Another great story with a good mix of humour and supernatural excitement. Keep it up x
Xdaisy chainX chapter 7 . 3/7/2007
“Okay, little brother,” he said with a smirk. “Who am I to deny you a trip to the Geek Mecca?”

thats just about one of the most accurate deanisms iv ever read lol!

this fic was fantastic, in case you havent noticed, im working my way through your list lol, just incase your wondering why the heck you have so many reviews coming from one person in one night lol

lemme just say that i thought your action chapter was particularly good (i noticed the authors note about how hard it was to write and thought i would just offer you some assurance that it was cool :D)

and i think i loved this fic because it has some element of truth behind it with the couple upping and leaving their house. setting a fic in a real location makes it seem all the more spookier, and also all the more real. anyways sorry for the long assed review lol

uber kudos upon you!

XsarahX
Mpro1 chapter 7 . 2/16/2007
Gotcha? why gotcha? anyways, cool story, i really enjoyed reading it! keep up the good work!
rozzy07 chapter 7 . 2/4/2007
Well I know I am late in coming back to review this story but please just let me say that despite my tardy review status just how much I enjoyed it. You really managed to package together a truly spooky ghost story, full of whodunnits and whumpage to keep a girl who likes her Winchester boys bloodied and battered very happy indeedee. All the while as you built up the level of tension you kept the brothers grounded and real. Loved the easy banter you kept flowing between them and the big-brother concern and little-brother reluctance to show him his boohoos! Great story, just really sorry for the late review status (But RL just keeps on getting in the way).
Linnie McCary chapter 7 . 1/15/2007
Well done! I got a big chuckle out of the Jimmy Stewart impersonation, and out of the "Big Brother Handbook." Thanks!
FraidyCat chapter 7 . 1/15/2007
so glad the boys are still in oregon. i would be happy to help sam feel better. (of course it may result in a few more handprint bruises...)
Machaggis chapter 7 . 1/12/2007
Great fic! Do you live here in Portland?
Gyrc chapter 7 . 1/11/2007
Aw! Great ending, in classic Winchester style! Excellent job!
Nana56 chapter 7 . 1/11/2007
Ah! You're done? Why are they going to the bookstore? What's Sam hiding? When's the sequel coming?

This has been really good and you've done a wonderful job with it. The first part of this chapter was touching and fun at the same time. I just love the way Dean tortures his little brother...and the way Sam tortures Dean, too. What the heck, I love them both! I love you, too.

Post something else soon!
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »