Reviews for Hard to be Faithful
K. East chapter 5 . 12/24/2009
Aw. That last paragraph was perfect. I wish Amelia and James could both find a way out of their situation, you know? Without the drama that will inevitably ensue.
K. East chapter 4 . 12/24/2009
As a side note, I really like the name "Lilea Kensley Evans". That's very original. (And where the heck did the cliched "Lily Marie Evans" come from anyway? I can recall no indication that Lily's actual middle name was Marie. And yet I've had people scold me for naming her otherwise.)

This chapter wasn't as much fun, but that's only because none of the Marauders were in it. :D For some reason I just don't like Mason at all. I'm getting bad vibes from him. (Maybe Lily's supposed to like James... sigh.)
K. East chapter 3 . 12/24/2009
So, these last three chapters have been really, really interesting. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first (as one must be when approaching an AU) but I really like this story. The new take you have on the characters is great- especially Sirius. I'm interested in seeing his character unfold.

That being said, good work! I'm moving on to the next chapter now. :)
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 7 . 2/27/2009
This was a great chapter. Although, I think I may have been better if he'd rushed to Gryffindor Tower instead of the Hospital Wing. Then Amelia may have forgotten what happened and worried over Lily.

Although, the feelings rushing through James are so well written. Especially his anger at his ruined portrait and his worry for Lily.

It's so nice to see somebody writing a slightly Alternate Universe pairing for James and Lily. I epsecially enjoy that the obstacle to overcome is a betrothal. Although, wasn't Amelia Bones in Ravenclaw? And in Harry's generation?

Great chapter, please continue.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 6 . 2/26/2009
This chapter captured the emotion of jealously quite well.

Also great job with showing the readers both views of the betrohal situation.

I find James' picture touching and it reminded me of Lily. Also it's enjoyable to see James' observations of Lily, what patterns are on her socks, what her smiles mean, etc. Those are things that you would only notice about someone you love.

horray for another great fic.
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 5 . 2/25/2009
"so...any good? review please."

- This is not necesarry. You are a great author. You don't need all the pleas for reviews. People either don't review because they don't have an account, fanfiction login doesn't work, or they read on the go and don't have the time. That doesn't reflect on your skills. You are truely a writer.

Lily's reaction to ankle pain is much the same as mine. I cannot stand to hurt my ankle, although the worst I've done is a twist or two, never a sprain or break. But the fact that she twisted her ankle on a date is slightly humerous and embarassing. It was a good ending for the last chapter.

Also you really have a good dynamic between Amelia and James.

Great job!
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 4 . 2/24/2009
Lily reacts in such a correct way for the way you've written her. I enjoyed how she was shuffled from the person she has a crush on, by the way making him dull was a new twist (thanks for not making him perfect), to the boy she wouldn't give a chance to, Caradoc.

This was a good first date. :D

Great characterization and chapter...

Kudos
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 3 . 2/24/2009
Lily is a compassionate girl. And the fact you had her notice the human side of Winnefreda shows that you know Lily very well. :D

Also you have a good perspective on how teenagers feel around their crushes. What they notice. The scene with their arms touching shows that you can really get into the teenager mindset.

kudos on a great chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 2 . 2/24/2009
You did a great job of devloping Sirius. The conflict between believing that Muggle-borns shouldn't be killed versus whether they should be allowed to go to Hogwarts makes your Sirius a deeper character.

And the polarity of Remu/James liking Lily and Peter/Sirius not liking Lily is an interesting division. This shows your understanding of Lily's canon realtionship with Remus and that you are able to manipulate the characters in a believable way to make your story work.

- You don't need the disclaimer at the top of every chaper. And you don't need the end author's note. Just answer questions in the beginning author's note if they are importnat. but the disclaimer and ending comments detract from the story.

kudos on a great chapter
Jazz E. Roisin chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
This showed a new side of Lily Evans I've never seen. I enjoyed the commentary on her friendship with James.

Also, her reaction to Cardoc is hilarious. The way Lily reacts to things is so AU from her Canon self.

I especially enjoyed her revelation about Adare's jealouys of her chumyness with James. And the fact she fell down the stairs after hearing of Amelia and James' betrothal.

However my one point out is the James from canon doesn't care about blood line and neither do his parents. So that fact that your James and his parents care so much about it brings in a new and interesting dymanic to the way the characters interact.

kudos on a great chapter.
pippapear chapter 7 . 3/5/2008
I have just stumbled onto this story.

I am enjoying it but oh gosh what a hideous one is old Amelia.

Hardly a friend to the lovely lily?

& poor james, bound by blood to one & bound by soul to another...

What a battle.

I hope you update soon. I do not fancy waiting a year for a new chapter! lol.

X
Blue-Eyed Chica chapter 7 . 2/29/2008
love it so far, not the BIGGEST fan on the everyone hating lily, specially her best friend being like, shes a mudblood. but i like the lilyxjames liking and ugh amelia needs to just back off
meggie chapter 7 . 2/28/2008
AWESOME! cant wait for the next chapter ]
Cherrykisses21 chapter 7 . 2/28/2008
i have only just come across this story but i am glad i did as it is really good.
twistingfate9 chapter 6 . 10/28/2007
GAHH

update PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?

:D xx