Reviews for Minor Miscalculations
wasmitheejr chapter 23 . 5/21
Excellent Story! Is there a sequel?
Enlil45 chapter 23 . 12/15/2015
Amazing job. Other than the one giant plot hole which hated (And still do), I loved this story to no end. I had already read the one you based this off of and this was a nice and dark twist on the original concept.
Enlil45 chapter 19 . 12/15/2015
I take back what I said about the last chapter. This one completely undid the disappointment the former brought me. I'll stick it out babeh!
Enlil45 chapter 18 . 12/15/2015
Excuse me for being a little overly critical, but the plot hole pretty much ruined the story for me. It pretty much destroyed my interest up to this point. There wasn't even a gradual decline in Alvin's mental state, it just went from one chapter being about how Mia evolved to Alvin being completely off his rocker. I'm probably going to just skim through the rest of this just so i can see how it ends quicker. I really did enjoy this up till now though. I really did.
Lootman chapter 23 . 2/28/2015
This story has no spelling, lots of good grammar, unfinished questions that make me want to EXPLODE, a hard to follow story, and continuity errors. Despite that, I don't understand in any way why this story was so AMAZING! The storytelling was good, great descriptions, and the story had a good flow. 8.5/10.
superwarriorsfan chapter 20 . 2/6/2015
Spelling is just annouying to see. On pokemon names is the most.
wyldwyvern chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Hi FD,

I just want to tell you, I think that both MM and the Outcast are brilliant stories, I think that they make the whole
Pokemon idea that bit more mature and although some of the grammar is a bit incorrect at times the whole thing seems to flow. It would be awesome if you wrote some more adventures in this Universe.

I was also wondering whether I could start a story based on this Universe, It would involve parallel Universes, (My favorite Sci-fi topic aside from time travel and tf)

Thanks for the good read

Pseudodragon52

P.S. I know I came to this late, but I still thought it would be worth reviewing.
Vadrack chapter 23 . 3/4/2014
lucky sonofa - I want to be a pikachu. .-[

but I'm liking it so far. ;-]

here is a cookie (::)
EverfreeSparkle chapter 23 . 7/4/2012
I loved the story, but I do not get the ending at all.
Vryheid chapter 23 . 5/27/2012
This story is easily one of the top three Pokemon fanfics I've ever read on this site, and arguably the best variation of the "human turns into Pokemon" plot (though Gamerfan411's Mystery Dungeon stories are pretty amazing as well) out there. What I really appreciate about this story is that the author makes the event of this character turning into a Pichu a whole lot more than simply "Oh wow, I got special powers, I'm gonna run around and talk to Pokemon now!" He makes the connection that this shift is more than physical, but psychological- and the drama of the story comes from what the character has to sacrifice from his own sense of identity just sense of the world. It is the struggle between the human and animal instincts, which are vividly and tastefully described throughout the novel, which add a powerful element of drama and allow us to sympathize with the main character, Alvin, and make the development of the plot all that more engrossing.

Stylistically the story is quite good. There was the occasional spelling error, but they were easy enough to ignore given the overall quality of the language. The grammar and use of description shows a mature writer with a strong understanding of imagery. The gradual shift in language and varying tones of voice helps emphasize how Alvin gradually shifts mentally after his transformation. The language is rarely wasted in this story, keeping the pace steady enough that it's usually easy to maintain a strong grasp of the complicated plot which is going on. I've seen other stories with loads of intermixed character plotlines which become nearly incomprehensible after a few chapters, this story (for the most part) never suffers from this issue.

My only major complaint is that the "epilogue" really was not an epilogue at all- instead it served as the only point in the novel where any of the major plot conflicts actually got resolved. I felt like the characters should have had some more significant personality growth throughout the story rather than dealing with only increasing confusion and despair right up until the very last chapter. Having it all rushed out at the very end like that, I almost wish there could have been a real epilogue so that we could have seen more of what Alvin's life after he complete's his journey.

Despite this one issue, this story is a great read and a clear example of how to write a good fanfic. I recommend it for any fans of the series looking to read an adventure through a Pokemon's perspective.
AnimeNeko chapter 23 . 1/8/2012
OMG! your story is amazing! i absolutly loved it! :D
aetswjukitres chapter 23 . 12/24/2011
I love it. I absolutely do. Best pokemon TF fic ever ( well Im going to start on ur other stories. I believe they will be better;). However, as other reviews said, I must say you have many unanswered questions and plots.

Still, I'm only a 13 year old newbie myself, I am in no way experienced enough to criticize someone like you. Is the forums still going?

(don't worry, I can't spell if my life depended on it either)