Reviews for Minor Miscalculations
Lootman chapter 23 . 2/28
This story has no spelling, lots of good grammar, unfinished questions that make me want to EXPLODE, a hard to follow story, and continuity errors. Despite that, I don't understand in any way why this story was so AMAZING! The storytelling was good, great descriptions, and the story had a good flow. 8.5/10.
superwarriorsfan chapter 20 . 2/6
Spelling is just annouying to see. On pokemon names is the most.
wyldwyvern chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Hi FD,

I just want to tell you, I think that both MM and the Outcast are brilliant stories, I think that they make the whole
Pokemon idea that bit more mature and although some of the grammar is a bit incorrect at times the whole thing seems to flow. It would be awesome if you wrote some more adventures in this Universe.

I was also wondering whether I could start a story based on this Universe, It would involve parallel Universes, (My favorite Sci-fi topic aside from time travel and tf)

Thanks for the good read

Pseudodragon52

P.S. I know I came to this late, but I still thought it would be worth reviewing.
Vadrack chapter 23 . 3/4/2014
lucky sonofa - I want to be a pikachu. .-[

but I'm liking it so far. ;-]

here is a cookie (::)
EverfreeSparkle chapter 23 . 7/4/2012
I loved the story, but I do not get the ending at all.
Vryheid chapter 23 . 5/27/2012
This story is easily one of the top three Pokemon fanfics I've ever read on this site, and arguably the best variation of the "human turns into Pokemon" plot (though Gamerfan411's Mystery Dungeon stories are pretty amazing as well) out there. What I really appreciate about this story is that the author makes the event of this character turning into a Pichu a whole lot more than simply "Oh wow, I got special powers, I'm gonna run around and talk to Pokemon now!" He makes the connection that this shift is more than physical, but psychological- and the drama of the story comes from what the character has to sacrifice from his own sense of identity just sense of the world. It is the struggle between the human and animal instincts, which are vividly and tastefully described throughout the novel, which add a powerful element of drama and allow us to sympathize with the main character, Alvin, and make the development of the plot all that more engrossing.

Stylistically the story is quite good. There was the occasional spelling error, but they were easy enough to ignore given the overall quality of the language. The grammar and use of description shows a mature writer with a strong understanding of imagery. The gradual shift in language and varying tones of voice helps emphasize how Alvin gradually shifts mentally after his transformation. The language is rarely wasted in this story, keeping the pace steady enough that it's usually easy to maintain a strong grasp of the complicated plot which is going on. I've seen other stories with loads of intermixed character plotlines which become nearly incomprehensible after a few chapters, this story (for the most part) never suffers from this issue.

My only major complaint is that the "epilogue" really was not an epilogue at all- instead it served as the only point in the novel where any of the major plot conflicts actually got resolved. I felt like the characters should have had some more significant personality growth throughout the story rather than dealing with only increasing confusion and despair right up until the very last chapter. Having it all rushed out at the very end like that, I almost wish there could have been a real epilogue so that we could have seen more of what Alvin's life after he complete's his journey.

Despite this one issue, this story is a great read and a clear example of how to write a good fanfic. I recommend it for any fans of the series looking to read an adventure through a Pokemon's perspective.
AnimeNeko chapter 23 . 1/8/2012
OMG! your story is amazing! i absolutly loved it! :D
aetswjukitres chapter 23 . 12/24/2011
I love it. I absolutely do. Best pokemon TF fic ever ( well Im going to start on ur other stories. I believe they will be better;). However, as other reviews said, I must say you have many unanswered questions and plots.

Still, I'm only a 13 year old newbie myself, I am in no way experienced enough to criticize someone like you. Is the forums still going?

(don't worry, I can't spell if my life depended on it either)
NanoCarp chapter 23 . 10/27/2011
Overall, this was a pretty good story. It seemed well planned out and the plot kept moving. I find it kind of funny though that the story seemed to jump forward in time whenever you didn't write for a long time. The only issue I had with this is that you left quite a few plot holes doing this. Now, reading further seemed to mostly fill those holes, so... Like I said, overall, great job.
Ch425 chapter 23 . 8/8/2011
I found this story an interesting read. First, I must say that you've brought up R.R.'s concept of pokemon transformation to new heights, and I liked the way you wrote describing Alvin's mind facing those difficulties against his body and soul. All the main characters in this story are used to make the story go forward smoothly, to which I appreciate much.

However, as those previous reviews suggested, I reckon you may have left a bit too much questions unanswered in the end. We would surely like to know the plot behind Rocket's plan in using those machines, and what those mysterious circles and stuff are related to the Golden Ratio, ancient things etc. In addition, I think that those 2 time jumps are making me quite confused, especially the first. I need to read through the paragraphs again to know what's actually going on. To me, more coherence and a smoother flow between time jumps can make us easier to follow for sure.

Maybe something can be done to make the story more complete? I dunno, but I just don't want this story with such a good plot to be spoiled. Anyway, this is probably the best pokemon fanfic I've ever read (Cuz I haven't read through your new ones XD), and I would like to have more of it for sure. Keep it up! Looking forward to your new works!
dsiuserhere chapter 11 . 1/23/2011
i like the story so far. Cant to get my own started. gotta wait a couple days. I dont think my first fanfic will be good.

Anyways the story is awesome
Guest chapter 1 . 1/19/2011