Reviews for Pure Rhapsody
amemiti.yukada chapter 24 . 1/3
Dear Candy,
By Merlin, I love Harry in this story, and it's hard to believe that in stories created by one author the main heroes that have the same prototype are so different from each other. Because in 'Pure Rhapsody' Harry is putting up with such Malfoy's shit, that is nearly unbelievable. Well, Harry just don't know how to give up. No wonder, he's chosen such a profession, he's stubborn enough to succeed.
I liked this Draco as well. Initially, I thought that he was simple to be dealt with. But, in fact, despite his actions being so in-his-character, there were a lot of subtle hints that expressed how he actually felt, and that implied that he in most acted disregarding those real feelings. (At least I felt I found those hints). He's a Malfoy after all, and it's next to impossible to forget about things that you had learned from your family and not to base your adult life on them.
I'm actually pretty sure that somewhere in the epilogue Draco's life was irreversibly tied to Harry's on the subconscious level. Of course Draco hardly knew about it, but I guess he had suspicions. That was great that he prepared such a present for Harry, which means he's not a lost case, just in a couple years...
It's a pity that you didn't describe how Harry's friends found out about him, but I'm grateful for that at the same time. As I spent quite a time imagining it.
I just wonder how comes that there's no fingering before actual penetration in sex. It's my fetish, I guess, 'cause I see it as an important part of foreplay. Don't worry though, your sex-scenes are really hot and beautiful.
Then, it was exhilarating to see how Harry deals with all his life threats. It was sad, but still exciting to witness how he interacted with Malfoy and in most cases failed. It took a lot of time for him to figure out what was Draco's problem.
Overall, 'Pure Rhapsody' is just as believable and realistic as 'Luminescence' in spite of them being so different. The circumstances are different first of all, so it was enjoyable to watch where they would lead the main heroes to.
Thank you very much and I wish you luck in your out-fanfiction job.
Best regards,
Drarry4eva chapter 24 . 12/25/2013
Great story. Amazing. I was just a little disappointed that nothing really came out of Harry and Draco's relationship. I really wanted Draco to get rid of his stuck up, angry attitude and be with Harry. Why was it so hard for him not to treat Harry like garbage. But this was amazing. I really enjoyed reading it.
Drarry4eva chapter 22 . 12/25/2013
I like that Draco finally opened up but come on, what would be so bad about dating Harry? why does he have to make it seem like it's the end of the world and what the hell is with him about being a famous Quidditich player? I just hate how he's treating Harry. I want to strangle him.
Drarry4eva chapter 21 . 12/24/2013
So, Tristan was a bad guy, a really bad guy. I'm glad Harry's okay. I really wish Draco would stop being so stubborn. He's always being so hurtful towards Harry.
Drarry4eva chapter 18 . 12/24/2013
I wished Draco would just get over himself and admit he likes Harry. I feel so bad for Harry.
Drarry4eva chapter 12 . 12/24/2013
Draco is being such a jerk. If he didn't like Harry at all or find him the least bit attractive he wouldn't be making out and groping him. Can't always blame it on the alcohol. I feel bad for Harry.
Drarry4eva chapter 11 . 12/24/2013
Draco is so angry. I thought he would at least be grateful for Harry saving his life.
Drarry4eva chapter 9 . 12/24/2013
They really need to stop fighting. I wish they'd both just admit that there's something there between them and not just hatred.
Drarry4eva chapter 5 . 12/24/2013
Oh, Harry, you are so dumb. He's in so much denial. I think Draco is too.
Drarry4eva chapter 4 . 12/24/2013
So, it was Voldermort the entire time? yikes. I knew something was fishy about that. Anyways, I hope Harry get's over his grudgyness towards Draco soon, having him yell at Draco like a banshee really makes me want to strangle him myself, Harry not Draco. And I am so glad Ginny isn't pinning over Harry now, I like it better that way. Going to keep reading.
Drarry4eva chapter 2 . 12/24/2013
I loved your story, Captivation. It's one of my favorites, I hope this will be just as good, which I'm sure it will. I just hate that Harry is judging Draco too quickly. I get they were enemies and all that but he's acting like a child and Ron, well he is being completely unreasonable it's not like he has to see him.
Drarry4eva chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
I really don't like Ginny, I don't see what is so appealing about them being together, just the thought of it makes me nauseous. Besides she's just not right for him. I'm going to continue reading this cause it is good so far.
Carling chapter 24 . 7/3/2013
Great ending! Just perfect, in some ways there's more to celebrate about this ending. The relationship seems oddly deeper and more equal than the one in Captivation.
Carling chapter 22 . 7/3/2013
I've been reading your comments at the end of each chapter. Comparing this story to Captivation, I have to say I prefer this one. Harry is stronger here and his actions and choices are more believable. He is less clingy even though he is as obsessed and long-suffering as ever. And while Draco is taking longer to give of himself, what little he gives seems more genuine and less selfish somehow. His struggle is more defined and less bratty and petty. By that I mean he was a real selfish prat to be already in a relationship and callously chuck it over the Quidditch career without even offering to discuss options. And Harry was clingy and masochistic to put up with the callous treatment of his feelings within their relationship.. Here, the conflicts are just more real and organic in this story and the arguments and misunderstandings and hesitations flow more naturally because there is no official relationship. But you can see how there could be.
Carling chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
You've progressed their relationship really well here. Malfoy is actually more likable here than in Captivation. His cruelty is different, since most of it is taking place outside of the context of a romantic relationship and is during this pre-relationship stage. He is terribly callous, but in character.