Reviews for Jordan Baker: Not a Bad Girl
Single-Black-Rose chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
that was really cool it seamed like something that jordan would write well done.

I shall bring choas in my wake

S_B_R
Samantha chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Wow-! I loved how you captured the themes of the Great Gatsby, and at the same time made Jordan sound like a real human being.

That was wonderful. )
Cassum chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Wonderful. You really are a lovely writer. You describe her feelings so well and really understand her character. Jordan Baker wasn't in the novel too much and I think that's why I admire what you've written. You've given her a life story and a realistic mind. I just wish Fitzgerald could have said something along these lines. Maybe I would have liked the book more.
Judy Punch chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
On reading The Great Gatsby, I'm not sure I like the plot line very much. I do, however, appreciate the depths of the theme and emotional profundity [or even the lack of it] of the characters. I'm just starting my own characters' analysis for the Gatsby novel and it was the character Nick Carraway in particular who I had the most difficulties analyzing because he was such a peripheral narrator and was much more observant of others than he was self-conscious. I was really beginning to dislike Nick because I couldn't empathize with him or relate much with him (that or because I'm a lazy reader ]).

I really like your take not only on Nick's character, but on JORDAN'S perspective of Nick. While reading this, I found that I agreed with Jordan and her standpoint with Nick and who he really was, regarding his personality and his moral-inflicted lifestyle.. And I really like your writing style. ]

signed,

Pilot Von
laertes chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
Totally awesome and I don't even like this book. You gave her such a southern accent - it played in my head; don't know how you did that - very cool.
Miss Pookamonga chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
That was a perfect picture of Jordan's character. So unwilling to admit any flaws in herself, with her twisted view of reality and her self-focused attitude. Absolutely perfect. I loved it.

Luv,