Reviews for Unrealized Potential
Nihil Nusquam chapter 1 . 7/29
Hi. I read this after I read your two stories about Violet and Mirage, because after scrolling through your profile, the "Don't read it." made me really want to read it.

I have no idea how these things normally go but: Your stories are great. I think you really use pathos effectively, there's wonderful grammar and punctuation, and the plot's all there. Essentially, very enjoyable. Thank you very much for writing.

Um, if it's not too much trouble, could I hear the story behind the story?

Lastly, although I have no idea why... here's a fun word. Quiddity! It means about the same thing as essence.
Amateraszu chapter 1 . 2/9
nicely done, could almost taste the despair
lesbinope chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Mm.. It is a beautiful story on it's own - I agree with everyone else on that. Kim always seemed to be very in touch with herself and reality, and Ron not as extremely selfish as you portrayed but I feel like that's (close to) the way they would have ended up if they really did stay together in real life. Being the shallow person I am, I wish you would have expanded on the scene with Shego or made a longer story out of this. But really, I like it a lot.
onezero chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
It really hit close to my heart. Each snippet is very powerful and depressing, which is why it IS worth reading. One of the best I've read, thank you.
Reader101w chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
I've read it a while ago, only now got around to reviewing it.

Interesting story. While it doesn't fit in with my idea of Kim/Ron, it really makes and interesting view on how it could be.

And you were right, this story is that doesn't lower the quality.

keep up the good writing,

reader101w
TheSilverWarrior chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
I don't believe I've reviewed this yet, which I must apologize for. This is the second (third?) time I've read this and it got me each time. Amazing work on this, simply amazing. Really buries itself into the emotions and the psyche of the reader. And you definately weren't lying: this is very depressing. So much so in fact that, despite how much I love this story, I can hardly believe I'm actually asking this: could I perhaps read your alternate ending, if you still have it? You mentioned it and I find myself wanting even more of this fanfic despite its depressing mood. You truly are an amazing writer to be able to write so poignantly to cause readers to want more of what humanity and human nature drive us to flee from. Brava!
Christian Wormwood chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
My brother recommended this fic to me as an example of why Kim/Ron doesn't work, and I agree that it does a terrific job of doing so. It also to me exemplifies the notion that post-Season 4 Kim is kind of an idiot (Ron had by this point screwed up so many times that their relationship should have deteriorated, not the other way around,) and her unyielding faith in Ron's ability to improve as a person to me strikes me as totally reasonable. I can totally imagine this being the logical conclusion to the series.

One nitpick: a TPS Report is not what you think it is. I know it's come to mean a euphemism for mindless paperwork but you wouldn't see one filled out anywhere near a Smarty Mart.
je vous remercie de votre temp chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Wow, hum, It's been a looong time since i last watched this show. You've reinspired me. Please send me the alternate ending.
Harmon.IslesFan chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
I loved this story can you please send me the alternative ending? I want to read it and it's awsome
SickAndWrong chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Wow.

That was a little tough for me to read. It describes my parents until I was about 10 and Mom and I finally left.

I really liked the way it was sectioned. It threw me at first, and I thought FF had struck again. But once I saw the layout for what it was, it turned out to be really effective. Each snippet was its own little punch, and the hits just kept coming.

This one is getting yanked to may hard drive so in case you disappear one day, I'll still have it.

If I were counting, I'd put the number at about four grammatical errors, and one misused homonym. But I wasn't counting.

So, I will finish with the word I started with, that I think best describes how I feel about this story.

Wow.
teentitansfanforever chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
nice but sad story but lifes life and belive me that would never happen because kimpossible is a strate a student and she can do anything well e-mail me if you got any thing intresting to tell me e-mail me
frogman chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
not a bad fic but really it seemed to me to just be original charachters who happened to be named ron and kim. In the Television show Ron doesn't hold Kim back he encourages her at every oportunity and she wouldn't be a cheerleader or hero without Ron (she was self conscious and the other time she wanted to call the police instead of helping the people Ron convinced her to do it). If anything she and most everyone else is holding back Ron. No one believes him or really encourages him any time he wants to do something others call it stupid or he has to stop to help Kim (like working at bueno nacho or being the fearless faret). Also Kim has been told her entire life that a possible can do anything where we never see anyone encourage Ron in a similiar manner.
King in Yellow chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
On what level do I want to respond to this...

First, as is pretty obvious from my own stuff, I like happy. On that level I didn't care for it.

Second, there is what you were trying to do. You say you are going for depressing. In terms of what you wanted, you succeed brilliantly.

Third, there is the question of how it works as narrative. Once again, brilliant.

Fourth, there is the issue of writing style (if some people can't distinguish between style and narrative: it is possible to tell a great story badly, or a poor story well. I've said it works well as a story, now I'm commenting on style), and once again I give it very high marks indeed.

I am willing to set aside my happily ever after mentality every now and then for something as well done as this. Great work!

KiY
Etherelemental chapter 1 . 1/3/2007
It really is a shame that it's just a one-shot. It really would be interesting if you continued this. But, oh well. It was pretty messed up with the way Ron viewed things. Especially with how everything seemed to operate for him. Though, I do think that he's acting more like a leech than even Kim's friends should allow. But, it was still quite interesting. Thanks for posting it. _
Intrepidwarriors chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Beautiful piece of work there man! i have a bro who sort of lives like this. he uses his charm to keep his gal hanging round but can't seem to get the gist that life is what you make it, not what other people make of it for you.

Keep 'em coming.