Reviews for Fortune
NorthernSoulPie chapter 1 . 12/8/2015
Hey, I just wanted to say even though it's not being updated and hasn't for a while, this is actually one of my fave fan fics ever. Must have read it a half dozen times over the past year or so. I love how you stuck to canon, yet made it so personal. 10/10 would (and 100% will) read again!
fakedooors chapter 31 . 8/12/2015
I only *just* found this story, and I realize it isn't being written anymore, but I just wanted to drop a quick thanks for these chapters. Such a great fanfic! You righted what MotB did wrong and I needed that. :3
kurzyk chapter 30 . 6/16/2015
I can't believe you never finished this story! I only now realised when the last update was after reading for 2 days - I only just finished playing through Nwn2 and was looking for a fanfiction that gave more insight into the character of Casavir, and you did it so wonderfully and beautifully showing him as a real human being with self-conflicts and doubts! Only hoping you will finish this some day! ;)
onion chapter 31 . 10/2/2012
Hi there! It really is a shame that you've discontinued this! But I know where you're coming from. Interests change and the rest of life takes over. I know you said Casavir was young in this, but I still imagine him close to 40. I'm a sucker for older men, hah.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed this. I sucked it all in in two days. It's been a few years since I've read fanfiction. :O I really liked how I could tell whose perspective you were writing from. The tone of thought in KC/Casavir/Bishop was distinguishable even though you did not specify when you switched POV with a name heading, which I think is hard to do.
coffeespoon chapter 18 . 3/3/2011
Woah. I pretty much came to read this because I'm a Bishop fangirl and was looking for a Bishop/KC fic, but when she had to choose between them it surprised me just how much I wanted her to go to Casavir instead. I never really liked him much, but somehow you've managed to turn him into an amazing character, while still keeping him in character.

Really, this whole story is brilliant, and I love the way you write - and I'm sad that this doesn't seem like it's going to be updated again any time soon, but at least I still have thirteen more chapters to read. :)
Amazing chapter 31 . 10/5/2010
I know its been a year since you've last updated this, but please please please please finish it! I love your story, it's amazing! Please continue, you're extremely talented! :D
Calanteli chapter 18 . 4/27/2010
Aw! Cute ending! :) Yes I am heeding your commands to review rather than just read ;)
Calanteli chapter 12 . 4/25/2010
First off, just want to say that your writing is really good. Having read 12 chapters in one sitting, I have to say that I am enjoying it a lot. The tone is quite serious, but it fits the story overall, and makes Evie sound much older than her 18 years (which fits with her character description so that's good I guess). A couple of comments though.

First comment: At the beginning of Chapter 10, you describe Nella as a bay horse, but a couple of sentence later, you say that she has a honey-coloured mane. Not trying to be prissy or anything, but bay horses have black manes with brown coats. So Nella can have a golden mane, but then she cannot be a bay horse... Up to you which one you prefer. (Horse rant is over now :D)

Second comment: You have obviously put a lot of effort into developing each of the characters' inner thoughts (especially those of Evie and Casavir), but sometimes those inner thoughts take up a bit too much space, and obstruct the flow of the story, especially when inteceeded between dialogue. I know it would be a huge pain to go through the entire story to change this, so I guess it's more of a thought for the future chapters.

But overall, well done and keep writing!
alineasmarrow chapter 31 . 9/8/2009
AH! I can't believe I missed my emails telling me you had released several new chapters to this story!

I'm so glad you decided to start writing chapters for this again! Although the ending you wrote for NWN2 seemed a little rushed in some places, I loved the way you made Qara turn without being a nuisance when it came to the endgame fight. I'm so glad you made Casavir live, and I really have fallen in love with the portrait of him on your profile. Thats exactly how I would like to think of how he looks like. Too bad you can't make that into an in game model. Not sure if I could play the game ever again lol T_T

Evie... shes so real in my mind. You've stayed consistent with her personality throughout every chapter, and yet were able to make her grow in so many ways. Shes being a pain in the ass in MOTB and rightfully so, I don't think anyone could take that much change without saying anything, which was one of the things I found frustrating out of that game.

Your story has always inspired me. Its the reason I made up my mind to contribute to the NWN2 category in the first place! Please please keep going! You have so much talent :D
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 31 . 8/30/2009
It would be interesting to see where Casavir's dreams take him. It's sad the way the hero is eulogized and forgotten as the living go about their way.
Harmakhis chapter 30 . 7/16/2009
As always, happy to see a new chapter! I liked how you described the witches. I always wished that there were a sort of smack-down answers for Kazamika, what a Bee-itch! Personally, I'd have paid extra for the a game edition of MOTB that let you smack her around (same with the OC and Qara, for that matter).

It never bothered me to find out that Grobnar, Zhjaeve, and the construct didn't make it out of the vale. Elanee only dies if she doesn't leave you for the last druid from her circle, so you decide her fate by which way you tell Ammon of the last time you saw her. However, that said, I've always choose to believe that Ammon was correct about Sand and Neeshka making it out, along with the confirmed survivor, Khelgar. An interesting aside, if you've played SOZ, and you choose not to rescue the commander of Port Last from the Luskan invaders, you find out from the Luskan commander that there was another survivor found in the rubble by Luskan investigators. A Paladin, in fact, although he (the Luskan) doesn't tell you the Paladin's name. However, there isn't a thing you can do about it. The game doesn't let you take the information to Khelgar at Crossroad Keep, nor to Nevalle in Neverwinter. I've often wondered it they were going to include a rescue Casavir in SOZ, and then cut it, or if, more likely, they were just doing an Easter egg.
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 30 . 7/16/2009
Heh, liked that spoiler at the end. I can't wait for her to get back and tell Katriona to get her skanky hands off her man. Or maybe not.

What are the odds of her meeting a cousin of a merchant who frequented West Harbor? She'll probably realize soon enough that there are no coincidences. I liked the sense of horror you convey with the memories of her violation in the back room of the Veil, because it was a violation no matter how well intentioned.
ChryseisLaurea chapter 29 . 7/7/2009
I would like the next chapter before 2010. :D

Interesting beginning. Yeah I got pissed that Casavir got killed off too. I was way more attached to the chars in the OC than MotB. But the ending you have for all the companions isn't necessarily correct. I know Khelgar survives, as does Neeshka, and I'm pretty sure Sand makes it out too, but I know Zhjaeve and grobnar get it. Ammon is kidnapped gets his soul sucked out, and buddies up with you through the last act.
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 29 . 7/4/2009
Yes, the next chapter before 2010 would be nice;-)

I noticed the similarities between Safiya and Shandra right away too. Yes! Casavir languishing in bed, but not in a Luskan prison or dead. You would think that Kelemvor would at least let you know if he was dead or not. Lazy devs.
chrissyleena chapter 29 . 7/3/2009
Ohh...new chap already.

First of all, I've never played MotB. My friend had it and complained about bugs so I never really got into playing it. plus, there is no Casavir...so yeah.

I can't say much to the story now. I'll keep reading it because I love your Evelyn and, I got this much already, you didn't let Casavir die even though that's how it is in the game.

I hope I can read another chap soon *hint hint* In the meantime I'll see if I can manage to get a MotB. So I know what's going on in here :P