Reviews for No Such Counsel
solent silver chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Oh my goodness... this story gave me the closure and tying up of loose ends that the game never did. Awesome!
Erin C chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
This is truly marvelous. This is how I wanted the game to end. Beautifully written, beautifully framed, perfect characterization - including of Link, who has to be devilishly hard to get right - and I heart Midna. Forever.
silver neko girl chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
"You sit on his smelly flea-ridden back all day and all night, and then you can call yourself this idiot's Princess!"

And from there I was hooked. What I especially bought into was how Zelda was close to dead inside. "...Midna's hot and fierce heart..." And it just strikes me that it's probably the most life Zelda felt. Now, I'll admit that I'm pretty much Zelink and the odd thing about this is that it more or less convinces me that Zelda isn't complete without Link; if you compare your interpretation to other incarnations where Zelda spent large amounts of time in contact with Link. I guess he's just a great big ball of character development radiation, huh?
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
This is quite impressive. I'd be interested to see where Link went, but I think I'm perfectly happy not knowing; I'll allow my imagination to paint the way from here.
surxi25 chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Beautiful. You kept all the characters' personalities intact, and you gave them a very realistic feel. You caught the spirit of the game perfectly, making Zelda feel disconnected to Link, and Midna taking her place. And the feeling of despair and unattainable love makes it even more dramatic.

Once again, beautiful piece. Excellent job.
LaosSheperd chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Very well done, one of the best oneshots I've read. I loved the word choice and style, incredibly profound at times. Zelda's characterization and narration fit perfectly.

Again, great job.
Adrian Winter chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Brilliant. Lovely lovely, very well written and it's so seamless and poetic with the original story it should have been included in the epilogue of the game itself. Thanks for writing this!
Rinn Brandt chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
I always hated the ending of TP. It just wasn't fair, ya know?

Anyway, this is good. I commend thee, good sir/fair maiden (whichever ye be)!

TTFN

Rinn _
AngelicSentinel chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Dogs us all. How perfectly poetic. It reminds me of a dying fall, that way the sound of a beautiful music piece abruptly ends, the haunting music lingering on for a few moments and then ceasing. Very evocative of feeling. Especially that sense of unattainable love. Thanks for the inspiration to continue my own work.
Elendraug chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
I am sobbing. I am crying my eyes out, loudly and uncontrollably. My cat is looking at me and wondering wtf is wrong with me.

This... This is what I so desperately needed. I just finished the game, and I was aching for some sort of closure, some sort of explanation. This is so beautiful, so believable, that you've both helped put my mind at ease and helped me be able to fully cry at the devastating end of this game.

Thank you. Thank you so, so much. I'll be reading this repeatedly, I promise you.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
nice
Chernika chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
This is beautifully melancholy. One of the very rare worthwhile Zelda fics I've ever seen. Midna as a voice in Zelda's head is a very good idea, even though I think she sounds a little too much like her imp self: she seemed a lot calmer as her normal self. But that's just a minor nitpick.

Grieving Link is very well executed, and I like how lost Zelda feels herself.

Great work, congratulations again.
Poptart chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
This was amazing. I just finished the game and wanted to read some other ending - some further ending - so badly that I hopped online immediately. This was perfect. From Link being a guy of few words to Zelda's strange disconnection from him, which is so unlike the other games.

Thanks so much!
TheSuper chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Wow... this fic was beyond impressive. I'd never fully bought into the whole Link/Midna romance, but I think you've highlighted precisely what it means, and I like it a lot more now. I've always thought of Link as a tragic character, and the way in which you've enumerated it here was absolutely astounding. And major kudos to you for creating a blisteringly realistic portrayal of love, where Midna lets loose with her longest bit of dialog.

Very impressed. Please keep writing
Razer Athane chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Beautiful... Just beautiful. Excellent job.
75 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »