Reviews for Edge of the Blade
Gintama8 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
THE RETURN OF PP chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I love it. Very well-written. I'm glad that it was a true friendship, not one of the many friendship slash romances that are so wide spread on this site which promise something new,fresh, and different, but are just more of the same. It's good you didn't have them get together romantically in order give the illusion of depth. That said, this did have depth but not in an obvious way. Thanks for not hitting the reader over the head with the themes. Also, I loved their bad advice partly because it was so, so sincere, and really rang true. Due in no small part to the fact that it wasn't OOC and THEY weren't OOC. Excellent!
Shaolin Fon chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
I am a really skeptical, critical person, so I was not prepared to like this. I found out that you romanized (? is that really the right word? Somehow I doubt it...) her name as 'Fong', which, no offense intended, has always annoyed me immensely. But I was surprised; it actually turned out pretty nicely! (Also, it cheered me up. I just found out that I have the swine flu and am likely to have complications due to my asthma, so thanks.) Are they really called 'ninja arts'? I was just wondering, never having heard them referred to as such. Then again, my subs aren't entirely, erm, reliable. Yeah, I agree, you should do a follow-up **I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T!** **ahem** No pressure of course... oh and I think that she'd still be pretty serious/determined at the academy...

(\ /)

/_\ (...Chappy meets Mayuri, perhaps?)
Legerdemain chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
This unusual pairing of characters. Yet somehow it works and well at that. I haven't read anything that connects these two characters before, nor had I thought of it, but this is very solid because they are similar, ruthless in the pursuit of justice/rules. A fine and perceptive observation that has been well written.
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
Cool stuff...they do seem like they could get along as comrades.
sky.scapes chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
Wow, it's rare finding any sory of gen fic with two minor-ish characters.

I think the portrayal of Tousen and Soi Fon was rather well done, especially with the whole concept of justice.

Nice job.

Final Kaenboshi chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
Brilliant. That's all I have to say about this. I mean, to think, using Soi Fong and Tousen. Nice work :D
Call it Karma chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
very interresting. i would have thought that soi fong could be light and cheery, even less self-assured if she were ever in the academy. I don't think that she was completely sullen or bitter until yorouichi left...just my thoughts though...over all it was done nicely
Armageddon Angel chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
I feel as if you should have continued this up to where Soi Fong realizes Tousen's betrayal. That would have been a good insight into her internalization. But everything you have so far is good.
Cactusmilkshake chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
I love stories about friendships and relations such as these, and this was just excellent. I especially love the last two scenes, as it shows so much of who they eventually become. Would love a Soi-PoV on Tousen's "betrayal" (or just a sequel :D).
Nilmiel chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
Woah... that makes a lot o sense! It's really good, i like it a lot! Kep up the great work, you have a great style!
Benyakuya chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
The storyline of Bleach goes out of its way to establish that the traitors to SS have long and established ties to the other squads members and especially deep connections to their vice-captains. So the platonic pairing here is more than a little likely and it makes the fic pretty believable, decent choice and good storytelling.
Jedi Boadicea chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
What a great piece. I love it when good writers take what seems like unlikely pairings (I don't mean that in the romantic sense) and make them work, true to character in ways you might never have expected it. Though I had never given thought to interaction between Tousen and Soi Fong before, the image you painted of them in their sparring, and the relationship that develops from it, is very believable.

I think their first spar was definitely my favorite part of this piece, but I also quite liked the later conversation where you can see Tousen seeking her "help" in rationalizing the decisions he will make in regards to Aizen.

And of course, that ending scene was a chiller. It's very depressing to think of Tousen playing a part in souring Soi Fong's heart toward Yoruichi so fiercely, but his logic is as appropriately twisted as ever, and the whole thing played out believably. Terribly, but believably.

Great read! Thanks!