Reviews for Easier Said Than Done: 40 Scenes
Rose Dorea Potter Black chapter 8 . 11/30/2013
I love these chapters and I hope you'll continue soon.
madian chapter 8 . 8/19/2013
Can't wait for the best! I am a big fan of your stories and I love how you describe Legolas! I hope that now with the Hobbit soon out in theatres you'll start writing again! Pretty please ;)
SleepyHollow 5 chapter 8 . 2/24/2013
I really hope you continue this story!
Melty-chan 93 chapter 8 . 7/10/2011
I like it!

w
Morthy chapter 8 . 4/19/2011
So lovely story, i hope that you update soon... please?
peculiarxemma chapter 8 . 2/28/2011
A fun read. And it was nice that this was mostly in Nevethiriel's point of view. I'm interested to know what "precarious situation" she had put them both in that made them grow closer. Also, finally she admits she was in denial - she did like Legolas, but just wouldn't allow herself to. It took a long time for her to realise this, didn't it?

"Nevethiriel, Princess of Thalmas Galan, was drunk." I had a smile on my face all through the chapter. I could see her being tipsy and dancing, and Legolas being so.. Legolas. Of course, their banter was just brilliant. It was heart-warming, really. It was so obvious that they liked each other, and how Nevethiriel naturally leaned into him after dancing proved it. Aww, I really liked this scene.

"She frowned petulantly. "You cannot take advantage of me. I will not allow it."" Haha, even drunk, she's still very much in character. The conversation that followed was pretty much expected ever since we found out the princess was drunk. I mean, the part where Nevethiriel confesses - out loud - being attracted to Legolas. You wrote the whole thing wonderfully, and the details you put here and there were really good.

"He had left his tunic back at the circle, probably intending to return once she was safely inside."

Instead of putting it as, "Legolas didn't have his tunic on", you put it the way Nevethiriel thought it. I could feel her mind racing, because she was trying to "absorb" everything in, while being drunk. I really liked it. :)

Yeah, it was a very well-written chapter. Please keep writing, okay? Don't let us down. :D
SkywalkerLover2011 chapter 8 . 2/5/2011
im completely in love with this. hope you continue it
El chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
OH MY GOD, YOU'RE BACK. I missed you! :) Congrats on all the exciting things you've accomplished in the last few years! Wonderful as always. Keep it up (I mean it)!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/22/2010
Hahaha, what a brilliant chapter! Very far into the future, I liked it. I loved it, really.

Though Aratlith was embarrassed and disgusted with this turn of events, I found it very entertaining. Legolas and Nevethiriel being so playful with each other was delightful! It's as if they NEVER hated each other. Or mostly, as if Nevethiriel never passionately disliked Legolas. Now they're very much in love. It was obvious and aww, brilliant chapter indeed.

I don't know how to say it, but the beginning really uh, set an atmosphere. How you described the scene before the warriors strike - it's like it built a feeling a expectancy; we're reading, waiting for something to happen.. gahhh, I don't know how to explain it, but the chapter started off really well.

This chapter, right after the one where they still didn't get along very well, was brilliant to read. Jumping in time I think makes the story a bit more interesting. In my opinion. You don't have to worry about making the story flow and all that. I write a few stories of my own but I find it really difficult to write, because I get ideas that are random and that don't necessarily follow the plot or something. The way you made this story really makes me want to get back to my stories again. Yeah, stories - because I get too many ideas but just can't make them all form one complete story. But in The World Forgotten and Remembering You and Me, you did write "in order" and I admire you for that. You're a really good writer, Linilya Elf. :)
peculiarxemma chapter 5 . 11/21/2010
This kind of chapter was to be expected. One of them getting jealous, I mean. But I just LOVE those chapters; especially if it's well written and the jealous can be felt even in the words we read. I think I had a frown and scowl on my face, exactly like how you were describing Legolas, haha.

Interesting conversation/banter between Nevethiriel and Legolas. You always come up with new things; where do you get your inspiration? Heh. It was fun to read how Nevethiriel would shoot him down but Legolas would still try to be pleasant - he just won't give up and I love that about his character - the way you characterised him, I mean. Love it.

Nevethiriel sure is stubborn. I liked you make her keep to character in every chapter. Even in the ones where she likes/loves Legolas, her stubbornness is still present.

Aw, but she did hurt Legolas, that was harsh. His reaction was NOT expected and I think I quite liked it. Leaving her by herself like that... yeah, I liked it, heh.

And yes indeed, "have she no thoughts for anyone but herself?" Her selfishness did show. I was hoping you'd write about what she did when Legolas left; what she felt. But the way the chapter ended was really good, haha. I liked how you used a phrase that was used in their conversation. Her passionate dislike. It ended the chapter on a lighter note than would have the previous paragraph. It gives a sense of hope, I suppose. That things would get better. (If we ignore the fact that we KNOW things get better.)
Bigglesworth chapter 8 . 11/17/2010
*hyperventilates*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*hyperventilates even more*

You're back! Congrats on graduating and getting married! (you've been a busy bunny!)

Fabulous chapter as always, would be interesting to see how things developed between them :)and cant wait for the next chapter in your other story

Welcome back to FF, goodness knows it needs decent authors
peculiarxemma chapter 4 . 11/17/2010
THIS was a another one of my favourite scenes. I don't have much to say, because I would repeat everything I've been saying.

All the scenes you've written are different - the characters are doing different things. Yet you write them all equally well. How you described their movements when sparring - their footwork, how they stood, their position - all that was really easy to see in my mind, you wrote it so well. And their bantering! Haha, it was brilliant!

I love how Legolas would try to make her squirm somehow. And how here, she isn't as rebellious as in the first chapter.
peculiarxemma chapter 3 . 11/17/2010
That was the sweetest chapter I've ever read. My heart was all aflutter when Legolas traced the edge of the rose against her cheek. My God, I have never wanted to be in the place of a fictional character so much before, haha.

It was a reeeaaaalllyyyy good chapter. Truly. Extremely. Well written. And I liked how it mostly in Legolas's point of view. If I'm not mistaken, almost all chapters are mostly in his point of view. I am eternally glad that you don't use the first person though. Writers tend to get carried away when they use the first person - they put too many of the character's thoughts. That's one of your strong points - you don't put too many details, just enough to make the story come alive.

If we could favourite specific chapters from stories on Fanfiction, I would favourite that instantly.
peculiarxemma chapter 2 . 11/17/2010
I simply loved loved loved how in this chapter, you showed how much Nevethiriel's feelings towards Legolas changed completely and how in the beginning, she was really worried.

I was happy to see that she's taken up on the duties of the Prince - so she did become more Princess-ly, heh. And the very beginning made me instantly love her character. I'm not even kidding or exaggerating here.

The relationship between Thranduil and his daughter in law had a family feeling to it and it showed, as well as with the little details you put, how much things have changed between what happened in the first chapter and in this one. I really liked that.

And ahhh I LOVED how Legolas shot the arrows right where Nevethiriel was standing and how she would run down the steps so she could go and meet him at the entrance. My heart was racing even though I was just sitting in front of the computer READING. I think this is one of my favourite scenes in your story.

It was a really fun chapter, although in the end, I did think "What about Gimli?" It's like Legolas forgot about him completely and it was a little weird. Like the last bit was rushed. But eh, tiny detail that really didn't matter. :)
peculiarxemma chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
HAII! Oh your reply made me so happy! I'm really glad you're back and CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you many wonderful things in your new life. :)

I will not read the last chapter you posted. I think I'll start reviewing first. That way, I can't get out of it.

First of all, I loved how this chapter started out with an argument and not long, lonngg descriptions. Description is good, but when starting a story, I think an argument is what will keep a reader interested. Well in your story, it's what kept me interested.

Arranged marriages between Legolas and an OC is somewhat common, but I find I really like those stories. It's interesting to see how a writer develops the relationship from stranger to the love of their life. And it's even more interesting when a writer develops this relationship but not in chronological order.

However, I found Nevethiriel really rude. She acted childishly and it bothered me a bit. At first, it was humourous, but then you said the entire hall was watching them and I didn't like how this new Princess acted so.. against her Prince. People talk and for the image of the Royal Family, I think she really was out of line. So I'm sorry, I didn't like her rudeness and how she would humiliate Legolas like that. But then I kept reading and I started feeling more sympathetic towards her. She IS in a loveless marriage and she IS unhappy. In the end, I decided that I liked her and I wanted to see how she would get past those negative feelings of hers. And how she would eventually act more Princess-ly.

As a whole, it was a GREAT chapter - like I said before, I really like your writing. The story looked promising here, and indeed, it is a great story that followed.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »