Reviews for The Smell of Destiny
Relapsed Logorrhea chapter 12 . 8/10
This is absolutely fantastic, thank you very much for this (sadly unfinished) piece! Gave me a good laugh several moments, while at the same time those emotional scenes cannot be appreciated enough.
Great writing: not a moment of redundancy, enormously captivating pace and dialogue, oh, did I mention the wit and humour ?

I absolutely love the characterisation here. Sand's my second favourite character from NWN2 and somehow I couldn't picture him as a romantic option (not that I would complain!) - but here it is entirely in character and convincing. I really like your Seraphina as well - it's always refreshing to see none of the marysueishness of boring descriptions and dull angsty inner monologues, besides she comes across as a rather well fleshed out character.
Being a Bishop fangirl, I also loved his portrayal here with the right balance of deep and superficial elements to his character (and of course I root for Sand in this story, but damn, I can't help thinking that after all Bishop does care for the KC). While on this topic, I'm also in awe of your ability to ever so lightly put in succint, spot-on little details and observations into this piece- for example 'too hurt to live, too vicious to die' must be the best single phrase describing Bishop that I've come accross, and it's even the margin of the margin in this work! (there are more examples than I care to enumerate, but this one stuck out to me as somehow enlightening)
Casavir and Zhjaeve probably got some of the less generous treatment, but admittedly not undeserved - and for a good laugh too (who would know that 'Know that my feet hurt' is such a hilarious sentence?). I must also congratulate you on Ammon's portrayal - for some reason, he kinda seems more interesting than in the game itself and I'd really like to see him develop even more.

Other noteworthy moments: the exchange with Torio is pure gold and I feel she is underused in the game, sadly. And damnit, Mother Haggard deserves a spin-off of her own!

Just brilliant!
Lady Skynet chapter 1 . 7/29
This is awesome. The characters are actually in character and the sarcasm is high quality stuff. I laughed a lot. The writing style is flawless and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Defending the cookie-baking honour of Tyr isn't something I'm going to forget anytime soon.
HazedRecollection chapter 12 . 9/25/2015
It's funny. This is a nearly nine year old story, which in terms of fanfiction is positively ancient. And yet every single time I feel the urge for a bit of well written, humorous sword and sorcery I dig around the internet until I find it again. I can hardly ever remember the name between readings so finding it can sometimes be a bit difficult - I once managed to track it down by doing a Google search for "snarky Sand/KC" and another time by searching for "The Traveling Ranger and Paladin Show".

But I digress. The point I was trying to make is that YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME. THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort the better part of a decade ago to write something so wonderful and then gift it to the various citizens of the Internet.

Also somebody really needs to create a vaudeville act called The Traveling Ranger and Paladin Show. That would seriously rock.
ChrysophylaxDives chapter 11 . 6/2/2014
"It was... rather thin and nasal, actually, and it really had a grudge against her uncle Duncan."

I would be cracking up over Sand's passionate chemical romance but I haven't been able to breathe properly since reading this.
Drackomancer chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
This is fantastic - had me practically rolling around with laughter. Perfect in every way (though I spotted a typo on 'dragon' in the last chapter, missing the 'n'). Favorite chapter was definitely the one where they first met Mother Haggard. Adored Sand, I imagined everything said in his voice, you wrote him so well in this. But all my favorite parts were the ones where Ammon Jerro also had a part. All in all, pure gold. 10/10.
The Celtic Dragon chapter 12 . 10/30/2013
Hope you continue this at some point-I loved reading it!
The Celtic Dragon chapter 7 . 10/30/2013
yila - Drow for Rabbit
f1reb1rd chapter 12 . 12/1/2012
This was so funny and induced multiple laugh/coughing fits! I swear I could hear Sand's voice throughout the whole thing!
Notabarbiegirl chapter 12 . 6/19/2012
An interesting story, I suppose all I can do is hope that it will one day be completed.
bkwrm523 chapter 12 . 1/16/2012
You have now addicted me to Sand romance fics. Thanks. Seriously, though, this is amazing! You made me giggle endlessly, and you portray Sand perfectly.
Inkstainedgwyn chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I know I'm catching this forever after it was published... but I adore NWN2, and I adore Sand, and I think this is an incredible story. I adore the sarcasm and the humour, and I just want to eat your Sand up with a spoon. :3 Bravo!
Guest chapter 12 . 5/18/2011
Absolutely wonderful. The characters are spot-on, with some beautiful lines, the OC is actually original and interesting, and clearly perfect for Sand.

Some of the humour seems a little out of character - the choc-chip cookies, for example, seem both anachronistic and a little slapstick - but you handle it so gorgeously, who cares? I particularly loved Casavir's refusal to 'defend the cookie-baking honour of Tyr' and Ammon licking the bowl while still looking evil.

There are simply too many things to praise to mention them all - Bevil and the haystack, the 'Nailed Knight Captain' report, with admirable competence, Construct with orc hat... the neat line 'Ammon, raining down death from the sky as though he'd invented it'.

The only real criticism I have to make? No updates.

C'est la vie.
Milena Jace chapter 12 . 3/19/2011
I suspect you're tired of everyone asking, but... is there any chance that you might continue writing this? I was recently reminded about this story and read it again. And it's still far beyond genius. Even better than Pratchett, and that's the kind of praise I never thought I'd give anyone :)
Caelistis.Rydraline chapter 12 . 2/25/2011
This is absolutely amazing. Completely hilarious, and utterly amazing. Any chance at all of it being continued?
Sanityfaerie chapter 12 . 2/12/2011
Mother Haggard makes me squee. That is all.