Reviews for Interlude
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Lovely! It's good to see John Winchester as a complex man.
anaadele chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Simply put: loved it.

It was exactly that, simple and sweet, but very profound. I imagine John being much more conflicted as dad then the show puts on and being much more concerned over his boys too. To top it off, the story ended with John's own ritual of saying good night to the boys! And sleeping with Sam. Seriously so stinkin' sweet for only two paragraphs.
Jedi Arwen Sparrow Winchester chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Wow nice one!

I really like it

So cute how John interacts with his kids
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Love this sequel to On Duty and adored your portrayal of John, fiercely loving and protective of his sons. Could so imagine him saying the Latin blessing over his boys as they slept and so cute that Sammy was a cuddler!
Jane of Volterra chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Your stories seem seriously real. You obviously put in heaps of effort, with the translations and obvious understanding of what the winchesters had to go through. you are an EXCELLENT author!
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Amazing.
That Girl Six chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
So here I am again, looking for entertainment. And yet again, you provide. How *do* you do that? Heh.

Again, I like what you bring to John's character. What is worded as and sounds like guilt doesn't come off as guilt at all in the end; it's just love. You make him a character worth caring about on his own, not just as their father. Very, very nice. Still, the guy is a little hard on himself, isn't he?

The line that stuck with me, though, was the reference to Jim and John's faith in him rather than God. Endearing and sweet, if you ask me.

Nice piece! Thanks for steering me in your direction.

Happy writing!
Angelbyname chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Loved this precious slice of Winchester life.
Rachel chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Okay, so I'm going to read the next one in this series. Wonderful again.
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
I really like your John. He's human, and he's trying to be a good father. The Latin blessings were a great touch.
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
That was so sweet, I really enjoyed it. Particularly John realizing that he was really the one who should have been on duty, then him saying latin blessings over the boys in bed. And Sammy's a cuddler!

Kelly
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
Great story! I love stories witha nice John in them. John saying a protection over his boy, so sweet! Great job!
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
I love the look you give at John when the boys are sleeping. It's nice to see that side of him. And I also loved the echo of what he says to Dean in IMTOD.

Incredible work! :)

Ani-maniac494
E. Clay chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
This was such a precious oneshot. I loved John double checking the motel room to make sure it was safe from everything that could harm him and his children and his blessing to his sons was just beautiful. I also enjoyed your description of Sam as a snuggler and bed hog, too cute. Nice story here.
Phx chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Once more another very nice story. I see John very close to how you write him. I just can't imagine him being neglectful or unduly hard on his sons. What he does, he does out of love - he isn't perfect but he is human. And I love how fiercely protective he felt of his sons while they slept...

That is the John Winchester I know and Love.

Great job!